Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Jul 20, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #3,826 of 3,962
ed here why doesnt he say sorry lads i can only do 3 a year instead of saying in january sorry in other words stop this waiting game imcertain people have changed adress or in my case credit card has expired out of date i dont no how to solve this does it matter anymore with this man with no communication its bizarre anyway anybody out there let me know something ed

Jul 20, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #3,828 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ed lynch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ed here why doesnt he say sorry lads i can only do 3 a year instead of saying in january sorry in other words stop this waiting game imcertain people have changed adress or in my case credit card has expired out of date i dont no how to solve this does it matter anymore with this man with no communication its bizarre anyway anybody out there let me know something ed

ok, jack and jill ran up the hill to fetch a pale of water.

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #3,829 of 3,962
Quote:

ed here ... does it matter anymore with this man with no communication its bizarre anyway anybody out there let me know something ed

The lack of communication from Dr. Xin (when he has fairly easy channels of communication already in place) does impart a bizarre quality to the handling of these long-standing back orders for Xin amps.
BushGuy has posted above that he is aware of amps Dr. Xin has shipped which have not been posted on this thread (and for which Dr. Xin has not updated the order number in the "Currently Shipping" thread in the "Support" section of his own forum over on fixup.net). It is good to know that Dr. Xin has been giving some attention to fulfilling his backlog of orders since 1/22/2009. And, it is SOMEthing, rather than NOthing.

Jul 20, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #3,831 of 3,962
Thanks for that update sbulack, im wondering since its 2 years in september next since i placed an order for the reference, my credit card is now out of date ,should i notify him, of my new card details ,or do you think he would contact me? or what, what a waiting game with dr xin: the only difference in my credit card is its new expiry date in 2013, at this stage ill be an old age pensioner before ill here anything, by the way, its 40 years today since man landed/walked on the moon, congratulations to all in this part of the world dublin i remember sitting up till 4am in the morning watching it on tv it was exhillerating it will never leave my memory once again congrats to all concerned,sorry im slightly off the subject,wish to god dr xin would read our threads, or let us know,All the best..ed.

Jul 20, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #3,832 of 3,962
Quote:

Thanks for that update sbulack, im wondering since its 2 years in september next since i placed an order for the reference, my credit card is now out of date ,should i notify him, of my new card details ,or do you think he would contact me? or what, what a waiting game with dr xin: the only difference in my credit card is its new expiry date in 2013, at this stage ill be an old age pensioner before ill here anything, by the way, its 40 years today since man landed/walked on the moon, congratulations to all in this part of the world dublin i remember sitting up till 4am in the morning watching it on tv it was exhillerating it will never leave my memory once again congrats to all concerned,sorry im slightly off the subject,wish to god dr xin would read our threads, or let us know,All the best..ed.

He has a spot in his shopping/order page or cart for updating credit card, by making a very tiny charge to your new card and authorizing him to use that card for the previous order.

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #3,833 of 3,962
Quote:

Thanks for that update sbulack, ... by the way, its 40 years today since man landed/walked on the moon, congratulations to all in this part of the world dublin i remember sitting up till 4am in the morning watching it on tv it was exhillerating it will never leave my memory once again congrats to all concerned,sorry im slightly off the subject, ...,All the best..ed.

Glad to share the little that there is TO share. The landing/walk on the moon was a small step for man, a giant leap for mankind. Well, sure, once you GET the man on the surface of the moon, the step is a small step. Seems like a pretty giant-sized leap to me from the surface of the Earth up to the surface of the Moon, though. Receiving our Xin amp order will be a small step for mankind, and a giant leap for both Xin and the person having their order fulfilled. I'm still very excited about the prospect of receiving and hearing a Reference B (or C) 5, which, last I heard, ended up being the default Reference after all of the trials last Winter. The completion of those trials was fueled, to no small degree, by the dogged determination, irrepressible good cheer and indefatiguable persistence of mrarroyo. Without Miguel's skills and efforts, those trials of 5 numbered versions of each of 5 lettered Reference configurations would still be under way. At least that hurdle has been bounded. Three cheers for mrarroyo!!! Hip, hip, hooray!!!!! Hip, hip, hooray!!!!! Hip, hip, hooray!!!!!

Last winter, Ed, I recall that the roof of your shed was blown off, and that you needed to wait for the rain storm that blew it off to subside before you could go out to replace that roof. Some real life drama with some real financial stakes that you shared with us to help put the Xin amp drama in perspective. How did that either end up, or how is it going? What was the damage sustained by the contents of that shed while the roof replacement took place? Will this roof hold during this coming year's wind and rain storms?

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #3,834 of 3,962
Quote:

...im wondering since its 2 years in september next since i placed an order for the reference, my credit card is now out of date ,should i notify him, of my new card details ,or do you think he would contact me?

Let it go. Any MOT that treats its customer's like this, doesn't deserve our business. I would advise anyone new, not to place an order with him, and I hope that anyone who already has, gets a prompt refund.
What possible reason would anyone have to buy something from a manufacturer that has treated his clientèle like this? He has basically taken thousand$ of dollars from members and not provided the product.

Please do not perpetuate Xin's business anymore. His amps sound good, but are not technically superior to what is being offered by other hard working, loyal, trustworthy MOT's that bust their butts to offer us top notch service.

Please note that I am not speaking as a moderator on Head-Fi's behalf, but rather as a consumer who sees immoral business practices being perpetuated.

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #3,835 of 3,962
i have to agree with aaron on this now, speaking as someone who has always been a fan of his amps and owned a few thus far and have had three on order for nearly two years, i am sticking with it until i get them, now i am so far in

but....

i echo aarons sentiments, certainly moreso for any new customers, knowing what i know now, there is no chance i would have placed those orders 'all those years back'

Jul 21, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #3,836 of 3,962
one thing that has not been mentioned: if you nowhave a Xin amp, or contemplate buying one, what happens if itbreaks? Return it to him and wait "X" years for it to be returned?? NAAAH. Too many amps on the market now with prompt and friendly builders who respond to your questions and needs.

Forget XIn and his amps

Three years Aug. for me BTW

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #3,837 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one thing that has not been mentioned: if you nowhave a Xin amp, or contemplate buying one, what happens if itbreaks? Return it to him and wait "X" years for it to be returned?? NAAAH. Too many amps on the market now with prompt and friendly builders who respond to your questions and needs.

Forget XIn and his amps

Three years Aug. for me BTW

Wow, three years. I wonder why some who ordered after you got their amps earlier

Jul 26, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #3,839 of 3,962
Thanks Sbulack, Well you wont believe this Im standing here having surveyed the damage for months on end having purchased roofing felt and saying to myself is it worth it having said the same to myself monthsago the water logged damage i had an old honda 50 plus bits and pieces like a lawn mower paints brushes oldpaintings ancillery tools etc im thinking of replacing whole structure,im glad ididnt leave any of my precious headamps in there thanks for asking,bty at this moment in time im listening to a sony nwz s639f portablewalkman using again sony earphones mdr a34 i know im not on topic but its the type of sound you want to hear agai and again i sorry im off the topic ive no connection with sony in the meantime ed

Jul 26, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #3,840 of 3,962
Quote:

Thanks Sbulack, Well you wont believe this Im standing here having surveyed the damage for months on end having purchased roofing felt and saying to myself is it worth it having said the same to myself monthsago the water logged damage ..... at this moment in time im listening to a sony nwz s639f portablewalkman using again sony earphones mdr a34 ..... ive no connection with sony in the meantime ed

You have no idea how my heart sank when you wrote the words "the water logged damage". I've had rooms in my house flooded with bad roof leaks (now, thankfully, repaired) - and few things sink a heart like surveying "the water logged damage" of items thought to be safe where they had been placed inside a room.

Just for fun, I'm going to check out the nwz s639f / mdr a34 items, and, if I can find them sufficiently inexpensive, I may just treat myself to a set of them to have a listen - after your catchy recommendation. (disclaimer) Like Ed, I, too, have no personal knowledge of nor financial connection with the folks at Sony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back