Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Mar 8, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #2,611 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by fl00r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe e-mail him asking how he's doing?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I have, many times but I haven't heard anything.

Mar 8, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #2,612 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have, many times but I haven't heard anything.

Surprise, surprise.......what's new
wink.gif

If he ain't replying on one of the best photographers around, there must be something serious wrong with him.....
confused.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 10:34 AM Post #2,613 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just out of curiosity, now that you've waited a year, how long would the two of you continue to wait without any response from Xin and nothing shipping before you'd say enough is enough?

To be honest, I expect to never receive anything from him. From the way things have been going, I can't see him recovering, especially not going back to building SuperMicros. If my order was for a Reference, then maybe I'd hold out a fraction more hope.

I think the whole thing is disgusting. People can post here all they like about how it's not a business, how I'm not 'buying' anything, just benefiting from an idividual's hobby etc etc. That's complete rubbish. His website advertises a product for sale. Nowhere does it say that you can expect to wait for a year, nowhere does it say that he's not building these things for sale, rather just for his own amusement and you're paying to enter into the great Xin lottery to see if you can 'win' a part of the output of this hobby of his. I'm sure if he stopped paying taxes the government wouldn't have a hard time seeing him as a business.

If you pay by Paypal, he takes your money. He advertises a product, people pay in good faith and get nothing in return. One or two items here and there over a period of months. He's knows his order list, he knows the amount of work involved in getting his orders out. He knows what he is capable of. If he knows that he has more orders than he can handle, why not send a global e-mail to all his customers? Why not put a notice on his website, why not stop accecpting orders, why not take his site down? Soliciting orders, advertising a product and taking peoples money (all the Paypal folk) when you know full well that they're never likely to see an amp or if they are it's going to be literally years down the line, then ignoring and deleting e-mails from these customers when they express concern...dispicable. Out of interest, I wonder how much interest is being accrued by the Paypal orders sitting in a bank somewhere?

It may sound over the top, but at the moment, forgetting the way things were a year or two ago, they way are now, I'm having a hard time telling the difference betweein Xin and Ken Law.

Mar 10, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #2,614 of 3,962
I preordered a supermicro IV in January with full expections of waiting about a year to get it. I stupidly payed with paypal which was a mistake in retrospect.

Seeing as no one can get in contact with him myself included, ive gone ahead and file a claim with paypal. I understand that the guy has other things going on in his life but the very least he could do is respond to a simple email.

Really hate to do this to the guy but there are plenty of other great amps out there. Even if it isnt exactly a buisness he is running, he still owes it to people to atleast post an eta or show some signs of life. I will never get his amp but at this point ill be happy just to get my money back.

Mar 11, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #2,616 of 3,962
I put in a credit card order for the supermicro, didn't realize it would take over a year... is there any way to cancel the order? I'll be moving in three months and don't want the future tenants in October 2010 getting a free supermicro

Mar 11, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #2,618 of 3,962
Just specuilation but perhaps he has been called in to his past career and has been told to keep invisible. At least in the movies, we had glimpes of the whereabouts of the subject. The plot thickens.

Mar 11, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #2,619 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just specuilation but perhaps he has been called in to his past career and has been told to keep invisible. At least in the movies, we had glimpes of the whereabouts of the subject. The plot thickens.

Haha, double-O-Xin. What if he bumps into a headphone enthusiast on his super secret missions
tongue.gif
he'll be in for some trouble then.

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #2,620 of 3,962
I have been waiting for almost 8 months. "Innocent me" paid by Pay Pal so there is almost nothing I can do. I have moved on to speakers. I used to visit Head-Fi everyday but now I only visit the site for a few minutes a week to check on this thread. Really really disappointed with Xin!!!!!

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #2,621 of 3,962
Hey you West Coast people. You have his address. Go bang on his door and see if anyone's home. If he is, tell him he's got a ton of really POed people out here and what the f....k is he doing???

Mar 11, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #2,622 of 3,962
I tried to log on the Cool Stuff which is Xintechs.com and found the site says the following:

xintechs.com
This domain is for sale!

Does anyone know where is Xin's website at now?

Mar 12, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #2,624 of 3,962
Maybe someone call the police...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back