Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Mar 5, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #2,596 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennyL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If he has my order and took on board the change of credit card number (no response to that, of course) then one day an unexpected email or parcel will arrive and I may have four portables.

I prefer to have access to my credit card numbers for as little time as possible. With systems being broken into, the hassle of sorting out bad charges and fixing up the credit report afterwards isn't worth the risk to me. Here's my card, ship me the product and destroy the info immediately is what I expect out of a vendor.

Mar 5, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #2,597 of 3,962
My SM 3 v3 was updated by Xin around Thanksgiving while abs@nilenet still owned it. It still had the NE5534 opamps and sounds much better with AD797, but that is another story. The point being, if he was hit by a car or something, it was AFTER Thanksgiving
eek.gif

Hope he is okay, even better would be if he surfaces and makes his status known.

Mar 7, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #2,598 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope he is okay, even better would be if he surfaces and makes his status known.

Am I correct in thinking there are members here who actually know where Xin lives and live near him themselves?

If this is true, I'm surprised that no one has gone to his residence recently and actually verified the place is either actively occupied or hasn't burned to the ground?

Wouldn't be the first time a solitary individual was found dead as a doornail sitting in his Laz-E-Boy?

Mar 7, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #2,599 of 3,962
He doesn't have a Laz-e-boy. :^)

I used to live near him and we used visit but I moved to Calif. Not sure what is up.

Mar 7, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #2,600 of 3,962
Seems like someone is deleting the spams off his forum though, and since he is the moderator, it must be his doing?

Mar 7, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #2,601 of 3,962
Yep. When was the last spam there?

The detective work begins. . . .

Mar 8, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #2,603 of 3,962
At this point, until something happens on his site and things start rolling, if they do, I would not.

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #2,604 of 3,962
Today is my 7 months mark.....................

can't compare with sanddancer or other's 1 year.........

But still 7 months is a plenty of time for 1 tiny amp.........

Already forgot about that, don't care anymore if i could or couldn't got the amp......

(but deeeeeeep deeeeeep down inside, still rest a hope to get it)

I will moving to other state in july/august, quest if it could arrived before that.........

Mar 8, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #2,605 of 3,962
Today is my 7th month mark as well. Me stupid.. Paid bij Paypal..

To be honest I get this feeling that Xin will not deliver..

Mar 8, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #2,607 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He doesn't have a Laz-e-boy. :^)

I used to live near him and we used visit but I moved to Calif. Not sure what is up.

Maybe e-mail him asking how he's doing?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #2,609 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by sfflyfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I correct in thinking there are members here who actually know where Xin lives and live near him themselves?

If this is true, I'm surprised that no one has gone to his residence recently and actually verified the place is either actively occupied or hasn't burned to the ground?

Wouldn't be the first time a solitary individual was found dead as a doornail sitting in his Laz-E-Boy?

I have been watching this thread for a long time now. Before I received my beloved Reference -after 9 months of waiting- more closely than nowadays. But somehow I've always been dragged to this Saga. I guess it's out of pietism of the one's who are waiting.
redface.gif

Anyway, I think Osama Bin Laden is the only one who can beat Dr. Xin when it comes to the person on earth who is giving more feed to speculation on what's he's doing, where he is, what he's up to, when we hear from him again and if he is still alive at all.
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #2,610 of 3,962
I'm now at 10 months. Sent him a follow-up email in Sept........and another last weekend combined with question of whether or not to send in my Supermini for updates. Zero response thus far. He has always answered me in the past. It seems to me he is intensely involved in a non-audio related professional job..........or something physical may have happened to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back