Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Aug 26, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #1,366 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by dealmaster00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't disagree more.

Xin isn't trying to run a business, he's trying to make the best amp. If you don't like that, then fine, go spend your money elsewhere. Plus I'll get my amp quicker that way. xD

ok Fanboy, yeah I'm sure it will really speed up your wait time. LOL Not running a business? oh so he's giving them away, never mind I'll wait then.

Aug 27, 2007 at 9:28 AM Post #1,367 of 3,962
The way I think of it, this is just part and parcel of who Dr Xin is. Not right or wrong, just is. No doubt he could make more money if he did things differently, but its pretty clear that this isn't what motivates him. And probably just about everyone who buys an amp from him knows the situation. Been waiting since April myself.

Aug 27, 2007 at 10:56 AM Post #1,368 of 3,962
I'm not waiting for a Xin amp, but I plan to order a Reference.

There are plenty of electronics manufacturers who build up the business, subcontract manufacture to China or whatever, then the suits suits come in to maximize profitability, etc, and make it big. In the small world of headphone amps there are those who develop a range of products and happily make them for several years with no evident thought of development and improvement. I think of Xin as more like a Stradivarius, an artist in electronics, who cares only for how good he can get his products, and those of us who sympathise with what he is doing can order one and join the ride, and one day own something special. Others can order elsewhere, there's plenty of choice. I don't see the point of ordering from Xin and then complaining. We all know how he works.

Aug 27, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #1,370 of 3,962
I agree, I just think of my Xin order as a nice surprise coming up in some months that I might've even forgotten about.
What I do think would be nice is if he would post some status updates on his website, even if its announcing that the product is still X months away, it's much better than no communication at all, and it only takes a minute or less for him to do so.

Aug 27, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #1,371 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennyL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not waiting for a Xin amp, but I plan to order a Reference.

There are plenty of electronics manufacturers who build up the business, subcontract manufacture to China or whatever, then the suits suits come in to maximize profitability, etc, and make it big. In the small world of headphone amps there are those who develop a range of products and happily make them for several years with no evident thought of development and improvement. I think of Xin as more like a Stradivarius, an artist in electronics, who cares only for how good he can get his products, and those of us who sympathise with what he is doing can order one and join the ride, and one day own something special. Others can order elsewhere, there's plenty of choice. I don't see the point of ordering from Xin and then complaining. We all know how he works.

"I don't see the point of ordering from Xin and then complaining. We all know how he works."

Well I do see the point of complaining. When I ordered I knew nothing of this thread, all I seen was wait time two weeks on his site (which was still there BTW last time I looked). Then I found out it would be more like 3 months and I was still ok with that. Now I am hearing guys waiting 6 months and still don't have them and some that have paid for them. Then on top of it three unanswered emails to boot. It amazes me that people will put up with this. You better hope he doesn't decide to develop another amp you might be waiting years,
rolleyes.gif
happy waiting

edit: He want's to develope then why doesn't he stop taking orders? The way Mapletree does untill he get's caught up, he is also very busy, and has the time and courtesy to answer your questions. There are some here that will make every excuse in the world for his way of conducting business, it baffels me.

Aug 27, 2007 at 1:47 PM Post #1,372 of 3,962
"What I do think would be nice is if he would post some status updates on his website, even if its announcing that the product is still X months away, it's much better than no communication at all, and it only takes a minute or less for him to do so".

Don't hold your breath on that one, it still says 2 weeks wait time.

Aug 27, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #1,373 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by fc911c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I don't see the point of ordering from Xin and then complaining. We all know how he works."

Well I do see the point of complaining. When I ordered I knew nothing of this thread, all I seen was wait time two weeks on his site (which was still there BTW last time I looked). Then I found out it would be more like 3 months and I was still ok with that. Now I am hearing guys waiting 6 months and still don't have them and some that have paid for them. Then on top of it three unanswered emails to boot. It amazes me that people will put up with this. You better hope he doesn't decide to develop another amp you might be waiting years,
rolleyes.gif
happy waiting

edit: He want's to develope then why doesn't he stop taking orders? The way Mapletree does untill he get's caught up, he is also very busy, and has the time and courtesy to answer your questions. There are some here that will make every excuse in the world for his way of conducting business, it baffels me.

I sympathise with your frustration if you didn't know his reputation when you placed your order, but can you have no warm feelings for him now you know more about him? He is not like any other amp makers, and I don't think he'll go on for ever working as he does now. I have heard The Reference and I think, as many others on this forum do, that it is really special. Those wanting good communication with prompt shipping and a good product have plenty of choices. Don't point your guns at Xin, he is to be cherished as long has he goes on developing wonderful products.

Aug 27, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #1,375 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennyL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sympathise with your frustration if you didn't know his reputation when you placed your order, but can you have no warm feelings for him now you know more about him? He is not like any other amp makers, and I don't think he'll go on for ever working as he does now. I have heard The Reference and I think, as many others on this forum do, that it is really special. Those wanting good communication with prompt shipping and a good product have plenty of choices. Don't point your guns at Xin, he is to be cherished as long has he goes on developing wonderful products.

Hi

Yes I do feel for his passion and there are no guns pointed at him, in return I don't think anyone should point them at me either. I am a bit of a perfectionist myself perhaps that is why I get so ticked off when I am ignored as I would not do this. Being a perfectionist has nothing to do with doing the right thing, period.

Frank

Aug 27, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #1,376 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it not possible to both appreciate Xin as a modern Stratavarius and be irritated by the wait?
biggrin.gif

I suppose it could be.
biggrin.gif
look all I am saying is how about a little compassion for the customers I don't think it to much to ask, Customer service and perfection both can be done.

Aug 27, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #1,377 of 3,962
I know it is frustrating to read of some who have the betas or finished (? :^) ) product. I wish Xin would start shipping. Something is going on, what I don't know.

The Reference is a work of art. It transcends its size and the mind set of what a portable should or has sounded like. I have the D1 now and it is very good sounding, better than others I have heard, after burn in, but the Reference is the reference. It is better than my home amps. I am sure there are those who will get it and not wait the very long time required for the large cap to form and say it did not match there expectations but for those who wait, it will be fun.

Aug 27, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #1,379 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by fc911c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"What I do think would be nice is if he would post some status updates on his website, even if its announcing that the product is still X months away, it's much better than no communication at all, and it only takes a minute or less for him to do so".

Don't hold your breath on that one, it still says 2 weeks wait time.

Actually it no longer says anything about delivery times on his "Coll stuff" page and hasn't for some weeks now.

The people I feel sorry for are the people who ordered using paypal because they can't just take there business anywhere else without first getting in touch with Xin to get a refund (and we all know that getting in touch with him is no easy feat), and the people who have send amps in for repair/upgrade since they also can't do anything or go anywhere else. Those with credit card orders can just cancel the order and buy something somewhere else.

Aug 27, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #1,380 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually it no longer says anything about delivery times on his "Coll stuff" page and hasn't for some weeks now.

The people I feel sorry for are the people who ordered using paypal because they can't just take there business anywhere else without first getting in touch with Xin to get a refund (and we all know that getting in touch with him is no easy feat), and the people who have send amps in for repair/upgrade since they also can't do anything or go anywhere else. Those with credit card orders can just cancel the order and buy something somewhere else.

Well if you want to get an answer to your emails just cancel it, out of the 3 or 4 I sent it was the only one answered. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back