Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Apr 26, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #946 of 3,962
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........

Sorry that was my wallet.

Well guys I pulled the trigger last night. I did it.... I purchased the Xin Supermicro IV with a Dark blue Case. Somewhat it feels like I'm taking a risk. I was moving back and forth from SMIV to Tomahawk. But I decided to go with the SMIV its so small yet from what I hear its better than the Tomahawk....even though I feel that the plastic might break, or that in the long run I'll be spending more on batteries (but hey no one said any hobby was cheap).

Anywho I hope I made the right decision.....but now I"m just not going to look back and let the waiting begin.

Order Date: 04/25/07

Shipping Date: Lets hope soon

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #947 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigizzy75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........

Sorry that was my wallet.

Well guys I pulled the trigger last night. I did it.... I purchased the Xin Supermicro IV with a Dark blue Case. Somewhat it feels like I'm taking a risk. I was moving back and forth from SMIV to Tomahawk. But I decided to go with the SMIV its so small yet from what I hear its better than the Tomahawk....even though I feel that the plastic might break, or that in the long run I'll be spending more on batteries (but hey no one said any hobby was cheap).

Anywho I hope I made the right decision.....but now I"m just not going to look back and let the waiting begin.

Order Date: 04/25/07

Shipping Date: Lets hope soon

Nice!

Apr 26, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #949 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigizzy75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...even though I feel that the plastic might break, or that in the long run I'll be spending more on batteries (but hey no one said any hobby was cheap).

bec its so small, the plastic can really take a beating.

also you should get rechargeables (sanyo eneloops FTW), no more battery cost problems. it even sounds better on rechargeables.

Apr 26, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #950 of 3,962
Supermicro IV in dark green case ordered 04/26/07, Sanyo eneloops already on the shelf waiting for it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #952 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lament not buddy. Seems that Xin is clearing December and January backlogs now, yours should be next in line
smily_headphones1.gif

Aye, EFN. Thanks for the encouragement.

I am gald you received yours and gave us all such an excellent review. Of course, you know that made it all the much harder to bear the waiting.

I have been "working" with Xin for a few years, and this is the longest I have waited for anything from him. Sporadic emails but no shipping notice! But since I have an original mini from three years ago or so, a SuperDual (coupled to my 1st generation 4gb nano with a n ALO micro...waiting to be replaced by the SuperMicro), and an SMIV, I'm not with out any amps. Xin wanted me to send the SMIV in for yet another upgrade (number five, I think, since I bought it!) but I told him I would wait until the SuperMicro arrived. I'm glad I did!

So, not much lamenting here, but the more I hear about how good the little monster is, the more eager I become!

Apr 27, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #953 of 3,962
Yes. Well worth waiting for Xin Amps! I have one supermini on the way too. I received my GS-1. I can say, Supermacro can give GS-1 a good competition, as it has so impressive clarity, sound-stage and depth. This is with latest OPAMP configurations I have been trying lately. My Supermacro is waiting to get new upgrades. I can how good it will sound, when it gets upgrades!

Apr 27, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #954 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. Well worth waiting for Xin Amps! I have one supermini on the way too. I received my GS-1. I can say, Supermacro can give GS-1 a good competition, as it has so impressive clarity, sound-stage and depth. This is with latest OPAMP configurations I have been trying lately. My Supermacro is waiting to get new upgrades. I can how good it will sound, when it gets upgrades!

Enuff Poison!!!!
plainface.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
I will be putting up another order for SuperMacro-LE very soon - time for some opamp rolling & crossfeed
etysmile.gif
.....once all listed above have receive their amps (backlog clears)

Apr 27, 2007 at 7:38 AM Post #955 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be putting up another order for SuperMacro-LE very soon - time for some opamp rolling & crossfeed
etysmile.gif
.....once all listed above have receive their amps (backlog clears)

Don't forget about bass boost. Very nice for when you're not in a silent environment. The ER•4 responds very well to it.

Apr 30, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #956 of 3,962
Got a mail from Xin saying that my Supermicro should be ready by this week (ordered March 1st). So I should be having the amp with me in 2-3 weeks
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #957 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by srikeerthi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got a mail from Xin saying that my Supermicro should be ready by this week (ordered March 1st). So I should be having the amp with me in 2-3 weeks
wink.gif

are you kidding me? my order of the supermicro is Jan 27 and you already got yours shipped? that's just bs...

Apr 30, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #959 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you kidding me? my order of the supermicro is Jan 27 and you already got yours shipped? that's just bs...

Hey when did i say its shipped!!!

I said what I got in mail from Xin. He said it should be ready in the batch of this week. Adding couple of weeks as buffer for shipping i said i could have it in 3 weeks
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not promising you'll get yours, just sharing the feeling that mine is not as far away as thought
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #960 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by srikeerthi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey when did i say its shipped!!!

I said what I got in mail from Xin. He said it should be ready in the batch of this week. Adding couple of weeks as buffer for shipping i said i could have it in 3 weeks
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not promising you'll get yours, just sharing the feeling that mine is not as far away as thought
biggrin.gif

well i wasn't trying to be bitter, just that all the excitement and impressions on the supermicro got me anxious!! speaking from a previous xin order, i got an email notice of shipment for my supermacro and it only took 3 days to arrive. so you should be getting yours soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back