Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Oct 10, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #721 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama
Is there a delay in getting amps and upgrades again? My SMIV was delivered on 6th but there is no news after that.

I got a shipping notice from Dr. Xin a few days ago but I'm not entirely sure if it was for my upgraded amp since I'd also ordered a few parts from him in a separate order.

Oct 12, 2006 at 12:27 PM Post #723 of 3,962
I got a mail from Dr.XIn saying my amp will be shipped tomorrow! There new information about upgrading amps in Xin's forum.

Quote:

[10/11/06] Some changes to the IV design. Not critical at all, but affect all current amps: SuperMacro-IV, SuperMini-IV and SuperMicro-IV. If you like, you may send your amp back to apply these changes. The idea is to drop default support to some very special OPs such as AD8397, so the design can be more ideal with popular audio OPs.

So I will be getting the newest design. I am so excited.
etysmile.gif

Oct 13, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #726 of 3,962
Xin emailed me this morning (10/13) to say he has found a better OP for 3/4 and recommends I send my SM IV back to him. I received my 4th upgrade/tweak/mod during the week of October 2nd. So things have changed again quite recently, at least since the end of Spetember, I would think.

Who was it talked about frequent miles for Xin amps??????? Personally, I really don't mind since I have one of his SuperDuals and an original (but modded c. 2004) supermini. But I thought I would share this so that others could make decsions about what they want to do.

Oct 13, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #727 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby
Xin emailed me this morning (10/13) to say he has found a better OP for 3/4 and recommends I send my SM IV back to him. I received my 4th upgrade/tweak/mod during the week of October 2nd. So things have changed again quite recently, at least since the end of Spetember, I would think.

Who was it talked about frequent miles for Xin amps??????? Personally, I really don't mind since I have one of his SuperDuals and an original (but modded c. 2004) supermini. But I thought I would share this so that others could make decsions about what they want to do.

what is this better opamp that xin is talking about?

Oct 16, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #730 of 3,962
An op with high current capacity with low current drain. I don't think it's neccessary to send the amp in to get this op as one can surely get it easily from on-line stores.

Oct 16, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #731 of 3,962
What on-line stores would you recommend? I'm having trouble finding them.

Oct 16, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #733 of 3,962
Analog Devices also give out free opamps. I got free AD 8397 and AD 8620 from them couple weeks ago. You're only limited to 2 per opamps and 3 different opamps at once, but better than nothing right?

Oct 16, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #734 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by goto2003
An op with high current capacity with low current drain. I don't think it's neccessary to send the amp in to get this op as one can surely get it easily from on-line stores.

So, goto, this is a battery life preserving change and makes little or no difference to sound quality? If I don't send the amp I received around 10/2 I won't be losing anything, save batteries that go down a bit faster?

Thanks, by the way, for all your technical help on here and fixup about the SM IV and its various iterations. I think many have learned a great deal from you. I know I have.

Roger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back