Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Oct 2, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #691 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren
another question, my xinfeed doesn't seem to make a difference when i turn it on. is there suppose to be very very subtle difference that takes time to adapt?

Atleast your xinfeed works. On my Mini it sounds like mono. Xin told me he'll check it out when I send mine back.

Depending on the music, you may not notice much difference. Try some 60's music such as The Beatles...or it is possible that your amps xinfeed isn't working properly.

Give yourself some time, like you say, your ears may need some time to adapt and pick up on the subtle changes that xfeed makes.

Oct 2, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #692 of 3,962
For those asking about the Xin feed I went to his website and here is what he has to say as well as a test signal. Hope it helps.

Quote:

Try play this test signal and switch back and forth the XinFeed switch to hear the effect:

http://www.fixup.net/tips/pktamp/xfeed.mp3

This test audio produces white noise to left, right and then center channel. When it is playing L or R signal, try enable XinFeed, the sound position moves slightly from very left or very right towards the center, which you'll feel is more pleasant and less pressure. When you bypass XinFeed, the test sound pushes to very left or very right, which is not so pleasant and puts some pressure on your ears. When it is playing the center signal, you should not hear any difference when you switch XinFeed back and forth. This test reveals very well the idea of xfeed and how ideal XinFeed is compared to other xfeed implementations. You won't hear any tonal changes with XinFeed; just some subtle mix.

Oct 3, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #693 of 3,962
Aluren I too thought in my first impressions it has some distance nature to mids and later thought it might be due to Sennheiser veil of my HD 580. I asked Dr.Xin about the pricing of OP275 to buy additional one. I might as well ask Dr.XIn for OP275 to be installed instead of OPA2134. Do you think OP275 affects battery life by any means?

Oct 3, 2006 at 10:15 AM Post #694 of 3,962
SuperMacro recieved today!

Only had an hour with it so far, but I hear power and clarity that Iv'e been missing. Haven't tried many hp amps though. Got some other opamps too. Can't wait for more time alone with my new baby.
lambda.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #695 of 3,962
thanks, mrarroyo, i will download it later and test it myself!

congrats, stevenkelby, on finally getting the xin amp. i've been rolling opamps like crazy this past couple days and i'm sticking to the OPA627. that opamp has impressed me the most. you'll also find that its quite tedious to change opamps, so i don't think i will change opamps for awhile. it takes a good 10 minutes to change them...

Oct 3, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #696 of 3,962
Hey all, perhaps this is a post for a new thread, but let's start here.

My Micro arrived yesterday. I fired it right up and I have to say I'm underwhelmed. Now, to be fair, I'm comparing it to a fully burned in Hornet M, but I was hoping the comparison would be closer than it is.

Without getting into any sort of comparison just yet, what would you think an appropriate burn in time for these Xin amps would be?

I promise to post a more complete review and comparison after the Xin burns in and settles down.

Oct 3, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #697 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBlues
Hey all, perhaps this is a post for a new thread, but let's start here.

My Micro arrived yesterday. I fired it right up and I have to say I'm underwhelmed. Now, to be fair, I'm comparing it to a fully burned in Hornet M, but I was hoping the comparison would be closer than it is.

Without getting into any sort of comparison just yet, what would you think an appropriate burn in time for these Xin amps would be?

I promise to post a more complete review and comparison after the Xin burns in and settles down.

150 to 200 hours.

Oct 3, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #698 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBlues
I fired it right up and I have to say I'm underwhelmed. Now, to be fair, I'm comparing it to a fully burned in Hornet M, but I was hoping the comparison would be closer than it is.

I found my micro started to sound quite good after about 10 hours. I sold my original hornet some months ago, but in comparison with the SR-71 the micro has a larger soundstage in width and depth, and is more transparent. The SR-71 has greater impact and weight, and maybe sightly more prominent backround detail (it's close though). I'd be interested to see how your micro develops as you listen to it.

Oct 3, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #699 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama
Aluren I too thought in my first impressions it has some distance nature to mids and later thought it might be due to Sennheiser veil of my HD 580. I asked Dr.Xin about the pricing of OP275 to buy additional one. I might as well ask Dr.XIn for OP275 to be installed instead of OPA2134. Do you think OP275 affects battery life by any means?

I have asked Dr. Xin about getting an additional OP275 as well. I'm more than happy to swap them around myself, just want to find what sounds best to me.
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #701 of 3,962
mirumu Do you know the cost of an addtional OP275? Dr.XIN has been silent for last few days for my emails. I guess he must be busy building amps.
GOTO its nice to see you are back again in the forum.
wink.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #702 of 3,962
Sent: 9/19
Shipping notice: 9/30
Recieved: 10/04

My returned Supermini-3 looks just like it did before, confirmed by pictures. The only visible differences are the LED and one cap are tilted very low, and the battery contacts are extra stiff. Also, I don't think I sent the amp in with the opamp in the default position, but I might be wrong, there.

My AAAs read 1.19 and 1.24v, I'm charging them before listening. I will post if I hear any KSC75 or KSC35 differences, but I'm not sure about E3c*.

Edit: I got my batts out early (they were both near 1.38v--good enough!), and...ah, wonderful! I can't say anything popped out as being really different, but I don't think I will be going unamped like this again (I fully plan to make a few, as well). I popped on Queensryche's No Sactuary...the sweetness of Tate's voice has certainly been lacking in these last two weeks, and the bass has some decent deep kick. At the least, I'm quite pleased to have something back that can make my KSC75 and KSC35 feel like they're each really worth $15
evil_smiley.gif

* I sent these in to Shure recently for what I think were cable problems. However, I never liked the sound, and the returned pair is new in the box, so selling them is a tempting option. But, I only heard the amp hiss clearly before w/ the E3c.

Oct 4, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #703 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama
mirumu Do you know the cost of an addtional OP275? Dr.XIN has been silent for last few days for my emails. I guess he must be busy building amps.
GOTO its nice to see you are back again in the forum.
wink.gif

Well, at online stores it appears to be in the US$3-$10 range but they usually want you to buy at least 50 of them. I haven't heard back from Dr. Xin yet either but he hasn't got my amp yet and I still have to pay him for the return shipping. I was hoping to add the price of a OP275 in with the payment.

Oct 4, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #704 of 3,962
If you can't do that, Futurlec carries the OP275P for $2.90, not bad before shipping ($4, I think). I think they pretty much ship anywhere.

Oct 4, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #705 of 3,962
I have another question for the supermacro. On the 3rd/4th channel, it seems like people are using either the OPA2134 or OPA275. Are there any other opamps that can be used there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back