Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Apr 9, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #2,761 of 3,962
Just joined the 8mth club yesterday, how time flies
biggrin.gif

When i first ordered i remember all the hype of the 5mth club, now it seems unless your waiting over a year your not getting it anytime soon.

Thankfully i had the sense to buy the voyager in the meantime,TBH if i could cancel my order without any hassle i probably would.

Apr 9, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #2,762 of 3,962
I'm in the team "I-forgot-I-ordered-a-reference-", who want to join in?

Apr 9, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #2,763 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just joined the 8mth club yesterday, how time flies
biggrin.gif

When i first ordered i remember all the hype of the 5mth club, now it seems unless your waiting over a year your not getting it anytime soon.

Thankfully i had the sense to buy the voyager in the meantime,TBH if i could cancel my order without any hassle i probably would.

The Voyager is a very very nice amp and holds its own against the iQube and Larocco PRII mkII. I have a Voyager and an iQube that I currently comparing and will keep one and sell the other. I canceled my reference order and there is no looking back. The iQube and Voyager sound absolutely fantastic and are two of the very best portable amps available today IMO. There is NO way I'm dealing with this Xin character.

Apr 9, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #2,764 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Voyager is a very very nice amp and holds its own against the iQube and Larocco PRII mkII. I have a Voyager and an iQube that I currently comparing and will keep one and sell the other. I canceled my reference order and there is no looking back. The iQube and Voyager sound absolutely fantastic and are two of the very best portable amps available today IMO. There is NO way I'm dealing with this Xin character.

The voyager is pretty amazing
biggrin.gif

The ref might have been an excellent sounding amp when it was released almost a year ago but i think there are a lot more "available" amps that are just as good if not better in terms of SQ.

Apr 9, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #2,765 of 3,962
Couldn't agree more. One also needs to factor in post sales service when buying stuff. I know I do and my iQube and Voyager are backed by companies that value customer service. Well some folks are willing to wait an unreasonable amount of the reference. As long as this is the case, he's going to continue doing what he's doing (or not doing would probably be more appropriate).

Apr 9, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #2,766 of 3,962
Quote:

Xin character.

nicely put!

Apr 10, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #2,767 of 3,962
Quote:

Couldn't agree more. One also needs to factor in post sales service when buying stuff. I know I do and my iQube and Voyager are backed by companies that value customer service. Well some folks are willing to wait an unreasonable amount of the reference. As long as this is the case, he's going to continue doing what he's doing (or not doing would probably be more appropriate).

I said this many many pages and about two months ago. What happens when this amp comes, then something happens in a year or two? Do you wait another year or so to get it repaired??

Uh Uh--not me. Over this guy and his products

Apr 10, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #2,768 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in the team "I-forgot-I-ordered-a-reference-", who want to join in?

What about 'I-forgot-If-I-ordered-a-reference'

Apr 10, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #2,769 of 3,962
Whatever has happened to Dr. Xin these past several months I can only suppose without any real knowledge. I DO know this has NOT been his past behavior. I've had v. III's and now currently have a 4/12/07 Supermacro LE, a Supermini IV of 12/06, and a Beta Reference. While it has become very frustrating - not one customer has lost a dime in all of this time!

Apr 12, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #2,770 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While it has become very frustrating - not one customer has lost a dime in all of this time!

it's not clear if this is true for those who used paypal when their order was placed and actually incurred a charge for an amp that's not been received (let alone built and sent).

Apr 12, 2008 at 9:16 AM Post #2,771 of 3,962
DaveDerek, I have NEVER seen a posting to this effect..........ergo the lack of any foundation to your supposition. If there is anything people resent - it is losing money. Surely, had this occurred - there would have been postings in the last couple of years.

Apr 12, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #2,772 of 3,962
I'm sure lots of people hit up by Ponzi schemes said exactly the same thing before the perp disappeared. Not that I'm saying Xin is doing this, just that the statement nobody lost a dime is meaningless until Xin produces amps or he refunds the money to Paypal payers.

There also is the present value of money that Xin has walked away with for the paypal people. How about if I lost the paypal fees when I cancelled my order due to lack of timely delivery--does that count? I'm probably not the first in that regard either.

Apr 12, 2008 at 12:59 PM Post #2,773 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's not clear if this is true for those who used paypal when thier order was placed and actually incurred a charge for an amp that you is out there in the ether.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DaveDerek, I have NEVER seen a posting to this effect..........ergo the lack of any foundation to your supposition. If there is anything people resent - it is losing money. Surely, had this occurred - there would have been postings in the last couple of years.

FYI, if you order an amp from Xin using a credit card the charge does not occur until he is ready to ship your amp. If you use PayPal the charge is inmediate as per PayPal policies and procedures, not anything Xin has control over.

Of course this does not help the person who orders an amp using PayPal, the expectation is to get it in short amount of time (new people who have not heard of Xin's problem of taking way too much time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back