This really IS bad for your wallet. o.O
Feb 23, 2011 at 11:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

hojomojo96

100+ Head-Fier
[size=11pt]Just today, I spent $25 on 2 cases, and a line out cable for my itouch. Also, my mom bought me M6’s. And hopefully, if the Pro Alpha deal lasts, I’ll be ordering those tomorrow, too. Did I mention I got my RE2’s YESTERDAY? /end rant about this never ending hole begging me to throw money into it[/size]

Feb 23, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 34
my wallet = six feet under 
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #3 of 34
I'll take your costs over mine any day :p

I'm dealing with customs prices so let's trade prices :D

Feb 23, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #6 of 34

Quote:
[size=11pt]Just today, I spent $25 on 2 cases, and a line out cable for my itouch. Also, my mom bought me M6’s. And hopefully, if the Pro Alpha deal lasts, I’ll be ordering those tomorrow, too. Did I mention I got my RE2’s YESTERDAY? /end rant about this never ending hole begging me to throw money into it[/size]

Oh you have no idea.

Edit----See sig.....and that's just part of it.......then divide cost by months on head-fi.............
blink.gif

Feb 24, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #8 of 34
My wallet has certainly taken a hit from this audio stuff too.  Two very nice headphones, two amps, and soon to be two cables in less than two months.

Two much!!!  But I'm loving it! (that's all that matters right?) 
biggrin.gif

Feb 24, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #9 of 34
I'm about a month into this hobby, and so far I've bought the Ultrasone Pro 750, Sennheiser HD 25-1, Fiio E5, Fiio E7, LODs, wiring/etc to make my own LODs, an iPod Classic and yeah.. I'm a 21 year old college kid.. lol. I'm thinking canceling my paypal account :p.

Ha but it's like anything else.. when you find out how special something can be you just want more and more of it.

Feb 24, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #12 of 34
X2 on you really having no idea.

That's peanuts. Among other things, I've got $500 into a pair of output transformers. I'll need to throw in another $1,500 or so to get a good 45 amp out of them.

Feb 24, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #13 of 34
I have averaged almost 2 IEMs for each month I've spent on head-fi. Do I share the head-fi curse?
ph34r.gif

PS1: That does not include any headphones and portable players. I am not a headphone guy, at least not yet!

PS2: Trading situations would only make it worse. Head-fi induced spending to Earnings ratio remains by and large constant and in fact would only go up than come down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back