This "dating" thing sucks....hard.
Feb 22, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #136 of 170
Actually the above post is suppost to make you a little more callased to the needs of their companionship by exposing just some of possible cold hard facts.
Sorry! But I will let it just do that. HOWEVER, on the other hand, I remember when I was dumped on and very lonly and dejected. Tried to many times and failed. Out of luck bigtime. I was just giving up. I was a whits end at one point when I stumbbled upon my current lover. All out of nowhere and made out of nothing at all. I wasen't dressed for it. I had no fancy lines to speak. I was frightened and stuttered. I diden't think I would ever see her again. She was out of my league. I was out classed and poor. Only a high school education and a factory job. Nothing to offer.........That was THIRTYFOUR years ago. We are still in love, married and have three children...[size=large]HAPPY ENDING![/size]
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #137 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Is it wrong to steal someone else's girlfriend? I've always been against it, but if these girls are scoping other guys, than their man must not be satisfying them in soem way.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
wink.gif

We are frequently tempted to do things that our common sense says is wrong, but another part of us wants it anyways. Then, our mind starts trying to justify it.

But if we keep it simple - it's sometimes not that difficult to see what's right and wrong.

Quote:

Also, I'm too afraid of commitment, I've seen so many relationships around me go sour. Ones that you wouldn't even expect. Plus, a lot of these girls are my friends, and I'm afraid we'll end up hating each other if something happens. Also afraid I'm not good enough, even though my friends say I'm a fairly cool n fun fella. Women are so varied, you can't really tell what each one wants. Eh, I gotta stop being an idiot and do something. Next time I meet a great girl, I'm gonna give it a shot. Well, at least try to hehe.

Yeah, it's a tough decision to date someone who is your friend. These require lots of careful consideration and thinking through. IHMO, better to let go of what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

Feb 22, 2006 at 12:19 PM Post #138 of 170
Quote:

Is it wrong to steal someone else's girlfriend? I've always been against it, but if these girls are scoping other guys, than their man must not be satisfying them in soem way.

If you do, don't be sad or surprised when someone else steals her from you. If you pick a girl who will easily ditch her boyfriend when the next interesting guy (you) comes along, what exactly do you expect she'll do in the future...

Feb 22, 2006 at 12:56 PM Post #139 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
Just received my "walking papers" via "Dear John" e-mail....
mad.gif

Right now you feel like there is almost nothing worse. Here's an interesting idea...Dr. Phil has essentially started a consiousness movement for women to essentially hate (some aspect of) all men married or not. We essentially need a strong female demigod that can speak out for all single males everywhere. Dear John email! GEEZ! This stuff is absurd. I myself have endured a break-up with this girl I'm going out with no less than ten times in three years! In fact, I have created a special designation, just for her, the FEXGF (future ex-girlfriend)!

I feel your pain. Remember you are a good person and love will happen. However, I caution that there seems to be an incredibly "selfish" attitude sweeping around in the dating world where many women seem to think they can dismiss a guy at the drop of a hat, without even giving them a chance to know them. Many almost would think that this was reserved for some men, but now I see it more and more for both sexes. I know one close friend of mine dates two women, not letting either know about the other, specifically because he was indiscriminitely dumped a few times, once by his schemeing ex-wife!

Ahh yes, why can't we all just get along? I have to believe that there are real people out there that can deal with their "baggage" well and permit us "singles" to live better lives...

Now why didn't we start that Head-Fi communal living resort, anyway?

Feb 22, 2006 at 1:46 PM Post #140 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf

Now why didn't we start that Head-Fi communal living resort, anyway?

"uhhh Hey fred, u seen bob?"

"Yea marc, he's over there in the corner listening to the r10s"

"oh, sweeet"

May 21, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #141 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there were away around the whole sex thing, I bet many men would soon realize that it ain't so bad being alone.

There's a choice of paid sex, no strings attached.

May 21, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #142 of 170
Second divorce dead thread brought back to life with a zippy one-liner by Afton. Can we guess what you're searching about at head-fi?
wink.gif

When I see an old thread brought back to life, I think it might be some follow-up, some extra story to add, something that brings a nice edition to the thread. Second time wrong today.

May 21, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #143 of 170
Well Im with you brother, IF youre spotting these dealbrakers from a POTENTIAL RELATIONSHIP standpoint. Some things just have to be right. The girl Im with right now has a number of things that Im sure will take some effort to get over.

1: She is completely uninformed about current events and politics. Its not that she doesnt have the smarts, she just doesnt care. I cant keep her interest while talking about the war in Iraq.

2. She cares too much about appearances. Her clothes MUST be high fashion and expensive, and says "ew" when I refer to things bought at department stores. She won't be seen in public unless it looks like she is ready for a night on the town, doesnt matter if we're going up the street to the supermarket at 9 am on sunday and immediately returning home, she has to look GREAT for it or shes not going.

3: She is far too comfortable getting annoyed with me. I am a very happy person, and she does not mind being in argument mode. She can take a remark that can have double meaning, one slightly offensive and one not, and take it in offense every time. For example if I say, "I dont know if I should take you to the concert, its not really your type of crowd." She will take it in offense, like shes not good enough to be seen there.

On the other side of the coin she is beautiful, cares about me very much, would not dump me for the world, has a good job, a lot of drive to succeed in life, does not drink/do drugs, has a VERY modest sexual history, would never cheat on me, has good relationships with long term friends, gets along with my friends, does not have a foul mouth, is great in bed, loves my parents, and would do anything to help me anytime I needed it, even if I needed her last dollar when she needed it even worse. You just gotta take the bad with the good I guess, nobody's perfect.

Edit: I didnt realize this thread had been dead for year. Geez Afton was it really necessary to resurrect it for that? The guy's probably married by now!

May 21, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #145 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well Im with you brother, IF youre spotting these dealbrakers from a POTENTIAL RELATIONSHIP standpoint. Some things just have to be right. The girl Im with right now has a number of things that Im sure will take some effort to get over.

1: She is completely uninformed about current events and politics. Its not that she doesnt have the smarts, she just doesnt care. I cant keep her interest while talking about the war in Iraq.

2. She cares too much about appearances. Her clothes MUST be high fashion and expensive, and says "ew" when I refer to things bought at department stores. She won't be seen in public unless it looks like she is ready for a night on the town, doesnt matter if we're going up the street to the supermarket at 9 am on sunday and immediately returning home, she has to look GREAT for it or shes not going.

3: She is far too comfortable getting annoyed with me. I am a very happy person, and she does not mind being in argument mode. She can take a remark that can have double meaning, one slightly offensive and one not, and take it in offense every time. For example if I say, "I dont know if I should take you to the concert, its not really your type of crowd." She will take it in offense, like shes not good enough to be seen there.

On the other side of the coin she is beautiful, cares about me very much, would not dump me for the world, has a good job, a lot of drive to succeed in life, does not drink/do drugs, has a VERY modest sexual history, would never cheat on me, has good relationships with long term friends, gets along with my friends, does not have a foul mouth, is great in bed, loves my parents, and would do anything to help me anytime I needed it, even if I needed her last dollar when she needed it even worse. You just gotta take the bad with the good I guess, nobody's perfect.

Edit: I didnt realize this thread had been dead for year. Geez Afton was it really necessary to resurrect it for that? The guy's probably married by now!

dude,,,,get out while you can...when a woman is more high maintenance or likes the finer stuff more than her guy....eventually she will meet a guy like that too and that can provide that type of lifestyle...it is only a matter of time..consider yourself warned.

May 22, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #147 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dude,,,,get out while you can...when a woman is more high maintenance or likes the finer stuff more than her guy....eventually she will meet a guy like that too and that can provide that type of lifestyle...it is only a matter of time..consider yourself warned.

Or the gentleman in question (mrdeadfolx) can elect to compromise, allowing our famous couple to negotiate what's important.

Personally, I'm a Hank leery of situations in which the woman is impressed with my will to the point of docile compliance. In such situations, attraction might be sublimating issues of dire importance. The stammering shadow who hangs on your every word now is as likely as not to exact retribution eventually.

Mrdeadfolx's squeeze's traits sound familiar to the point of cliche: overly sensitive; frank about what she perceives as insensitivity; economically and emotionally selfless; concerned with high fashion to an impractical degree; unconcerned with politics to a frightening degree; feels compelled to dress perfectly to take out the trash; historically chaste and emotionally predispositioned to loyalty (no offense, but I never believe anyone is telling the truth about the last two traits, male or female -- on the nether hind, excessive jealousy and absurd accusations seem indications a partner is extremely likely to cheat).

With the exception of her being career-driven (a more modern tendency to file, along with obsessive attention to performance, under perfectionism and the drive to over-achieve), these all sound like classic traits women are culturally programmed to possess for the benefit of men. The "high-maintenance" aspect is simply part of the male imperative that a woman be put together at all times, which impacts on your most emphatic and first-listed preference (i.e., that your girlfriend "look beautiful").

In my view, frankness is to be applauded, but secrecy is to be watched.

At this stage, I'm more inclined to trust a woman who argues over what's important to her than one who keeps everything inside. The second is more likely to skip town in frustration and despair, leaving you to contemplate a note, an empty closet, abandoned heels, missing blankets, reclaimed silverware, spaces in your bookshelf and CD rack, a swept floor and a few disturbed chairs. You'll realize what you did to provoke this much later, after you receive a call or letter in which she enumerates things she resented but dared not mention because you were an uncompromising force in her life and she hated the thought of losing you until she hated the burden of keeping you more.

I don't see any problem with the woman you're describing -- be glad she's frank about what she dislikes. As a gay friend of mine likes to say, "It's hard to train a man."

May 22, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #148 of 170
Why not adjust to an asexual lifestyle?

I know a guy who became an asexual after his divorce and he likes it. (No, it's not me) Sure it's a little lonely at times but there are advantages too. He loves to travel and he gets to make his own decisions and he enjoys it. I'm not asexaul but since I'm an ugly guy, it was difficult for me to get girls. So for a while, I also went on vacations alone and I have to admit, it was a lot fun. It is possible to get used to being alone, IMO.

Living an asexual lifestyle isn't too bad once you adjust to it. There are advantages.

May 22, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #149 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you, I appreciate your concern, but she is unique in that way..I COULD provide the finer stuff, its just not my cup of tea. Her last bf was a complete bum, no job, lived with mom, was a deadbeat dad to a child from another relationship, was abusive to her...and she was with him for a LONG time. Im like superman to her now. The last paragraph in my description of her has the more prominent of her qualities. I would say the same to you if you had described the same girls, but she is not like them. She doesnt go to the club, finds it repulsive when Gucci boys try to pick up on her....I should have better described the girl. Shes also deathly afraid of me leaving her. You just gotta know the girl I guess, but thank you for lookin out. Even if she ever left me, Ive been dumped many a time and have a cast iron heart, so Ill be alright in any circumstance.

May 22, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #150 of 170
This post is awesome because it's true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or the gentleman in question (mrdeadfolx) can elect to compromise, allowing our famous couple to negotiate what's important.

Personally, I'm a Hank leery of situations in which the woman is impressed with my will to the point of docile compliance. In such situations, attraction might be sublimating issues of dire importance. The stammering shadow who hangs on your every word now is as likely as not to exact retribution eventually.

Mrdeadfolx's squeeze's traits sound familiar to the point of cliche: overly sensitive; frank about what she perceives as insensitivity; economically and emotionally selfless; concerned with high fashion to an impractical degree; unconcerned with politics to a frightening degree; feels compelled to dress perfectly to take out the trash; historically chaste and emotionally predispositioned to loyalty (no offense, but I never believe anyone is telling the truth about the last two traits, male or female -- on the nether hind, excessive jealousy and absurd accusations seem indications a partner is extremely likely to cheat).

With the exception of her being career-driven (a more modern tendency to file, along with obsessive attention to performance, under perfectionism and the drive to over-achieve), these all sound like classic traits women are culturally programmed to possess for the benefit of men. The "high-maintenance" aspect is simply part of the male imperative that a woman be put together at all times, which impacts on your most emphatic and first-listed preference (i.e., that your girlfriend "look beautiful").

In my view, frankness is to be applauded, but secrecy is to be watched.

At this stage, I'm more inclined to trust a woman who argues over what's important to her than one who keeps everything inside. The second is more likely to skip town in frustration and despair, leaving you to contemplate a note, an empty closet, abandoned heels, missing blankets, reclaimed silverware, spaces in your bookshelf and CD rack, a swept floor and a few disturbed chairs. You'll realize what you did to provoke this much later, after you receive a call or letter in which she enumerates things she resented but dared not mention because you were an uncompromising force in her life and she hated the thought of losing you until she hated the burden of keeping you more.

I don't see any problem with the woman you're describing -- be glad she's frank about what she dislikes. As a gay friend of mine likes to say, "It's hard to train a man."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back