This "dating" thing sucks....hard.
May 23, 2007 at 1:24 PM Post #166 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah the dating scene really sucks. Being newly divorced and out into the dating world after 10 years has really thrown me for a loop. The only thing I really miss from the marriage is the companionship (and my dog), no sex doesn't bother me. I don't have the best luck with women, and I'm not a great looking guy, so dating has been rough so far. I am starting to enjoy being alone though, as mentioned I can do whatever I want, whenever I want to.

To quote from one of my favorite movies: "I am alone, I am not lonely."

I think that's a great testimony. There are lot's people who are single and solo and still live a fun life. I too am not a good looking guy so I know what it's like to be dateless but is life so horrible? Not really. Ugly guys can have fun too!
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #167 of 170
There are times I think that, if my current relationship doesn't work out for some reason, I would basically go away for a while. I'm close with my immediate family, but a natural life in the woods, living off the land is an extremely attractive idea to me.

I guess in essence and despite my current life, I find the idea of a hermit's existence to be a romantic one. Weird.

May 23, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #168 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkestred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is funny. I had this conversation with my friend the other night. The following may offend or set some people off. Please understand this is how i feel and im not saying how it should be.

I was telling him im not sure why so many people want a mate that badly. We werent born to be needy.

Why do so many people make such a fuss about finding someone. I personallly think and this is my opinion that women are only good for love. Aside from that there is usually nothing but headaches. The fighting, the arguing over stupid things, the misunderstandings, the communication differences etc etc etc. But, Chris, this is the sacrifices you make loving someone...seems like a one way street to me. In most cases.

In general women tend to complain and get upset over things men would never. There is the whole catering to a woman's personality bs....sorry doesnt work for me.

I dont want to get into an arguement over why my socks are on the counter. It's trite. I do not have problems being single. Finding a woman has never crossed my mind.

[rant]Then there's the whole makeup thing. Why do women wear makeup? Seriously, do you know how many women we see on tv and say god, they are so beautiful. I highly doubt without that makeup we' be saying that. Of course, maybe aside from their bodies. I wish the majority of women could be a bit more real. Especially in those certain cases where guys are rejected because they dont fit the bill...to those ladies: remove your makeup...now you're compatible.[/rant]

yes, i have dated when i was younger and yes i have had sex. Im independent and feel there are far greater things in life than worrying will i ever find someone. I think it shows signs of weakness if you feel 'that' as opposed to someone who finds someone without looking.

Please if anyone wants to say that is immature, those are your thoughts, as are these, mine.

Poeh, you must have had some bad experiences in the past to generalize us all so much. The personalities you are describing remind me of my ex-boyfriends a lot. (notice the irony). Well, except for the make-up part then ofcourse
biggrin.gif
. But I have discovered people that can be nice and not troubling and wining or constantly complaining, whether they are male or female (and keep in mind, I don't "really like" people in common, kind of a loner)
Lost my point here, but you are being kinda a hard on women in common. Guys are not that great either. But every rule has its exception.
"Women are only good for love".......poeh that sounds really sad to me.
You won't get any this way (not from me at least).

May 23, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #169 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by kireness /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or you'll have the misfortune of never understanding her. Then when you call six months after you break up to reestablish old ties, and mistakenly interpret her lingering anger and resentment as residual "feelings" (rather than a deep-rooted disgust of your memory that can never be alleviated), you'll be lost in your bubble of confusion until your next relationship falls apart.

And the women turned mad by their ex-boyfriends will decide to never again date untrained men, ruining all other men's chances for sex and happiness.

Except for this one!
wink.gif

May 23, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #170 of 170
His post just alerted me to the fact that he should be on my ignore list. He's not going to take anything I or any other woman says here seriously, then why do I need to bother reading his posts? I'm sure if he frequents this thread again and sees it, it's no skin off his back, and he just did every girl-fi member here a tremendous favor by being honest, and I'm returning that in kind.
wink.gif

Of course, I did consider that maybe what he meant to say is that relationships are not good for him right now, and not so much that "Hey, look at me, I'm a member of Team Misogyny!" - but then I thought - if he meant that, he would have said that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back