Thinking of picking up some Sennheiser HD600s--is there a good portable amp for under $50?
Dec 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #17 of 25
I mean, I certainly have been pleased with Sennheiser in the past. But by all means, if there's a high quality pair that is revered when it comes to metal music I would be open to suggestions. Even if they were less expensive than the 600s but still a good amount better than my 518s--in fact I would enjoy that. 

I was looking at the Fiio E6 amp (just for my 518s actually). Do you think that would be practically useless for the 600s or a similar pair?

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #19 of 25
Something is still better than nothing! I don't know exactly how E6 sounds like but I expect a good quality based on my satisfying experience with E11 and E17. If you insist on upgrading to another sennhaiser headphones HD600 is not a bad choice at all. From 2000 to 2012, people constantly talk about it and many of them really appreciate it. As the old flagship, HD600 won't let you down I believe, though I never had one. And you can just upgrade your amp and DAC later on. The journey of audiophile is not going to be short!

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:
Something is still better than nothing! I don't know exactly how E6 sounds like but I expect a good quality based on my satisfying experience with E11 and E17. If you insist on upgrading to another sennhaiser headphones HD600 is not a bad choice at all. From 2000 to 2012, people constantly talk about it and many of them really appreciate it. As the old flagship, HD600 won't let you down I believe, though I never had one. And you can just upgrade your amp and DAC later on. The journey of audiophile is not going to be short!

By the way, the headphone jack on my computer is actually broken. Do you know if there any cheap headphone amps that connect via USB? Does the E6, for that matter?

Thanks for all the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back