Things You Hate Most About Your Current Headphones?
Nov 28, 2004 at 5:50 AM Post #91 of 109
MDR-R10s: The price!!! LOL. Other than that, nothing, really. With some metal music they aren't as "fast" as i'd like (but this may be rectified with burn in). But considering how amazing everything else is i'm not complaining.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 28, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #92 of 109
You haven't said much since you got them. Still very enjoyable?

Nov 28, 2004 at 6:37 AM Post #93 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
You haven't said much since you got them. Still very enjoyable?

Are you kidding? i've been tearing through my entire cd collection listening to all of my albums and thoroughly enjoying every minute of it.
icon10.gif
It's just absolutely amazing how completely brand new so many of these albums sound. Almost like i've never even heard them before. Stuff that i've heard a million times like Guns n' Roses' Appetite for Destruction or AC/DC's Back in Black sound so.... "alive" i think is the best word.

Yeah, my family and friends are starting to wonder what's happened to me lately.
icon10.gif
They may just have to do without me for a long while.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2004 at 11:13 AM Post #94 of 109
My HD-280 Pro's grip my head and i feel like my eyeballs are going to pop out... I wish I could have the isolation of the HD280 with the sound of a more comfortable headphone... My Audio Technica's are a pleasure to wear, but seem to have a hugely lacking upper midrange and treble in comparison with the HD280.

Dec 14, 2004 at 11:27 AM Post #95 of 109
MX-500: They make me wish that I could use my MS-1s all the time
MS-1: They're so good that they make me want to buy higher end Alessandros/Grados
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 14, 2004 at 1:02 PM Post #96 of 109
Alessandro MS-2: Makes some lighter music a little bit fatiguing to listen to, could be more comfy but not enough for me to hate it, not as good as i expected them to be, headphone cord too short, mids just a tad bit too distorted for the price i paid, but new sound card might fix that up,

Dec 14, 2004 at 2:34 PM Post #97 of 109
HD580: hate the stock cable, too long and I am always running over it with my chair or tying myself up with it. Replacement cables are too expensive, and there is no good way to diy a new one. Only reason I want a new cable is length, really. Sound is great.

Dec 14, 2004 at 3:41 PM Post #98 of 109
d66 - bass sounds funny
a900 - some times i feel like i can hear the aluminum sound
e2- stupid thickk wire always getting crinkled and tangled! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dec 14, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #99 of 109
Shure E5c- trying to untangle the wire is like untangling a hose pipe, you can't just pull it to get rid of a loop. Harsh vocals ruin slow acoustic songs.

Mina.

Dec 14, 2004 at 5:47 PM Post #100 of 109
The top foam pad on my DT440s presses painfully on my skull in certain positions.

That's about the only bad I can see on my DT440s. >.>;

Dec 14, 2004 at 7:37 PM Post #102 of 109
[flame suit on]
Bose Quiet Comfort II
• hate changing the battery
• it ticks loudly when the battery is low
• doesn't work w/o a battery
• expensive (though these were a gift)
• right side/arm is broken in two (!) places, w/normal use

I can't speak to the sound, as I have nothing to compare them to. As you might imagine, I'm in the market for new headphones.

Dec 14, 2004 at 7:52 PM Post #104 of 109
Sennheiser 280 PRO - Sounds great but lacks bass on some songs

Sennheiser 490 - Sounds like something is missing and they are open, but they are very comfortable. Can wear them the whole day without taking them off. Well actaully I can also wear my 280s for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back