Things You Hate Most About Your Current Headphones?
Nov 27, 2004 at 4:02 AM Post #76 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
SR200 with HP1000 drivers - more slam, please! Not as fun as the MS-2 was. Even the HP-2 has more bass slam. But darn it, the tradeoff for the MS-2 is that the SR200 is a bit more detailed and realistic. But the HP-2...eh you got me there.

SR200/HP-1000 drivers complaint - not an actual HP-1000. lol!

Darth Beyers - i would critique it, but then it would choke me with its evil jedi mind tricks.

You know your sr200 what difference sonicwise is there between a real hp1000? Should be the same. Or is the sr200 housing holding the bass slam back compared to the hp2's?

Nov 27, 2004 at 4:15 AM Post #77 of 109
hd600=what is with that stupid stock cable where the sound is intermittent
hd650=errr don't know haven't opened them
sr225= Loved the sound but had to sell them because of comfort. The reason I suspect I have the mind numblingly painful headache's can be put down to this phone. I love headphones but not when they are killing you.
sr325=sometimes slightly bright but not as much as everyone say it is. Heavy.
hp 1k's(hp-2)=don't know. Haven't been down to the postal office to collect them yet.
But they now are here. Takes a while to "ungrado" yourself with these phones. Wonderfully neutral
hp 1k's(hp-1)=Not here. They are on their way.
RS-1's=Price. I was expecting a wooden box with mine.

all grado's= The stupid y connector on the headphone cable. Seriously the rs-1 cable and the sr60 cable the same???? It would be considered as flimsy on the sr60 but on the rs-1, naughty grado labs.

Nov 27, 2004 at 8:07 AM Post #79 of 109
Numark HF-125 (sold them already, about to get new once somewhere in the near future) - didnt expect too much as they are a 25$ phones, yet they were to small to my liking, pressed the ears too much. the bass and mids were very satisfing for the price as the highs were screaming in my ears, couldn't stand the it when listening to quiet music like straus, handel etc...

Nov 27, 2004 at 11:40 AM Post #80 of 109
DT770's- not as forward or involving as the grado's, a bit less detailed, can be fatiguing after a while.
SR-325's- sometimes too forward, can get fatiguing, they don't stay on when headbanging.
Neither phone is everything, both do many things very well, maybe better than anything else I've heard, but they do have flaws.

Nov 27, 2004 at 4:54 PM Post #81 of 109
HP-1' --> I can't buy a new pair
RS-1's --> Not as liquid as the PS-1's
Ety's --> Could be warmer
KSC-35's --> The look

Nov 27, 2004 at 5:34 PM Post #82 of 109
Senn HD-212 Pro: The cable is way too long! I take that pair of 'phones everywhere with me, and trying to manage all 3m of cable sucks.

Otherwise, they're a great pair of headphones, and a steal for the $40 I paid for them.

Nov 27, 2004 at 8:34 PM Post #84 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by carsten2501
grado sr80 : clamp
sony mdr 51 ex : SO distant and tiny sound
Shure e2: have to buy foamies all the time(gonna try musicsafe, earplanes i think)
Senn hd212pro: looks dorky.
senn mx300: lost them
Roland RH80: no detailed distorted highs

Try bending the headband outward on the SR-80's. There's even a thread around here on how to properly bend the headband lol. The clamp when I first got these suckers did kill my ears! Now they're great.

Nov 27, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #85 of 109
HD 25-1: Clamping force. For a gamer who plays ... too much, it's a real drag having these things clamp fairly hard on your head all day.

Nov 27, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #86 of 109
That I don't use them the frequency of times they deserve to. Which also means that they do indeed require a warm-up period prior to the times I do indeed get time to listen to them. Oh, and the fact that they aren't accompanied by a pair of B&W 802's driven by a honkin' amp when I had the chance to get such a system cheap.

Stax SR-404

(edit) Oh, maybe constantly falling asleep with them on due to the level of exhaustion that I am usually under when I can find a (few) seconds to listen to them.

Nov 28, 2004 at 12:03 AM Post #87 of 109
ATH-W100s -- can't stop staring at the damned things.
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #88 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrillic
HD 25-1: Clamping force. For a gamer who plays ... too much, it's a real drag having these things clamp fairly hard on your head all day.

Yes, they do clamp a lot but that is because they are DJ headphones and they need to stay on tight and keep sound out. They are great headphones, and I love mine, but I don't think they are the best for extended home use. I agree that the clamping force is a problem for extended use.

Nov 28, 2004 at 4:53 AM Post #90 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrath
HD650's, they feel like they want to crush my head.

Darn I have heard this several times, and have had them in my crosshairs for a little while now. Bah. Anyway, to contribute:

E2c - They have a pretty good sound, but sometimes a little fatiguing. I think that canalphones just aren't my bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back