Things You Hate Most About Your Current Headphones?
Nov 17, 2004 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 109

Beach123456

1000+ Head-Fier
There seem to be complaints with all the headphones out there, no matter how good they are, so i made a thread for them. Since I am new the headphones i am using now suck, cheap sony earbuds paired with a nomad muvo mp3 player, but i am going to upgrade both of these soon. It really annoys me when i hear the hissing when people pronouce 's' or on a cymble crash. Anyone else have anything they hate about the headphones they are using now?
lambda.gif

EDIT: The mp3 players annoying me too, only 30 songs on it when i have 600-700.
frown.gif

Nov 17, 2004 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 109
1) Sennheiser HD650 -- Feels like vise grips on my head. Can be dull and too laid back with certain songs.
2) Grado SR-225 -- Abrasive bowl pads. Can be too bright and aggressive with certain songs (opposite of my HD650 complaints!).
3) Sensaphonics 2X-s -- The price.

Nov 17, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 109
ER4s--they're not R10s
MS2s--they're not R10s
px100s--hmm not R10s either

but seriously...
ER4s--don't like cleaning them, and they are a bit too microphonic for active use
MS2--soundwise no complaints, the headband can be a bloodflowpreventer though
px100s--bass a bit too boomy, masks out some of the midrange

Nov 17, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 109
A900s -- If you can believe it, these things have a tight grip on my head and make my head hurt after long periods of time.

Not enough impact, nor fast enough for rock songs.

Weird mids.

Nov 17, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #7 of 109
SR200 with HP1000 drivers - more slam, please! Not as fun as the MS-2 was. Even the HP-2 has more bass slam. But darn it, the tradeoff for the MS-2 is that the SR200 is a bit more detailed and realistic. But the HP-2...eh you got me there.

SR200/HP-1000 drivers complaint - not an actual HP-1000. lol!

Darth Beyers - i would critique it, but then it would choke me with its evil jedi mind tricks.

Nov 17, 2004 at 11:11 PM Post #8 of 109
Grado SR-80's - not quite enough bass. A little too harsh.
KSC-50's - Bass is bloated, drowns out everything else
MX400's - Not enough...audio in it, sounds like garbage compared to my other phones.

Nov 17, 2004 at 11:25 PM Post #9 of 109
Sony MDR-CD3000: I like the overall sound on pop, rock and electronic music when a cotton fabric filter is installed over the transducers to shelf down upper treble by a couple of Decibels. I do not like the tonal representation for acoustic, classical or female vocalist jazz music. Fortunately, I usually only use headphones for situations that I need exciting music to keep me alert(pop, rock and electronic types). I do not like the feel of this headphone. While it's not overbearing in weight, the pads feel to me like they are 'engulfing' my head. Pads simply have a contact area that is too large for my comfort. The headphone is also excessively warm if not used in a moderate to cool climate. The part of the headphone band that contacts your head is showing significant stretching/stress after 1 year of use. This will probably need replacement soon.

-Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
There seem to be complaints with all the headphones out there, no matter how good they are, so i made a thread for them. Since I am new the headphones i am using now suck, cheap sony earbuds paired with a nomad muvo mp3 player, but i am going to upgrade both of these soon. It really annoys me when i hear the hissing when people pronouce 's' or on a cymble crash. Anyone else have anything they hate about the headphones they are using now?
lambda.gif

EDIT: The mp3 players annoying me too, only 30 songs on it when i have 600-700.
frown.gif

Nov 17, 2004 at 11:42 PM Post #10 of 109
HD25-1's - uhm... stock cable is a bottleneck, sometimes the isolation results in me not hearing the phone ring, can be fatiguing though I blame it on the poor source. Lack of soundstage is both a blessing and a curse.

Nov 17, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #11 of 109
All the headphones I've had from the start. I got rid of them all because I cant get over the fact and sensation that something is touching me. Oh yea, wires all over piss the hell out of me too. If I had a place I can fully use speakers headphones wouldn't even be an option.
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #15 of 109
k1000s - missing lowest octave, difficult to power, essentially small speakers but without the tangible imaging and freedom of movement

er4s - as said above, cleaning is a pain, as is cord noise, although i only use them while stationary so it's not really an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back