ThieAudio Voyager 14
Nov 28, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #451 of 558
I am very worried about reshelling them, because they are so expensive and if you declare their real price then the company/you get taxed, but if you declare a low price then how do you insure it in case it just disappears/gets lost in transit? (especially with how small of a package the iems would be in) I talked to them and set everything up but I ended up just buying some ear plugs from Ear Tune instead with the Impressions I got. Can't see myself shipping them from the USA to China with no insurance/or pay 200 in vat taxes?

I'm thinking I might just get MEST done in custom and I'll keep the universal v14 as a beater pair I use when I'm going out/at work. It's a shame, I was so excited. They didn't even offer to pay for shipping/any help other than "send it to this address and let us know"

Let me know how your experience went with the reshell when you can.
I have a different experience. Very helpful support from Linsoul, including shipping support by providing a DHL Express ticket paid by Linsoul. 👍 Hope I will receive them soon!

Nov 28, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #452 of 558
I keep saying these are excellent for the price, but after 3 weeks listening, QDC Anole VX is superior. It's hard to notice it though, that's why it took me so much time to realize the real differences. If you can't afford a 2000€ IEM, V14 is the way to go. Definitely. For example, they best the $1550 Emprire Ears Valkyrie in terms of instrument separation and soundstage, although Valkyrie is very nice, fun sounding IEM,

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #453 of 558
I cant wait! That mid bass is hitting alot harder than I initially thought

And some photos~0A556066-A489-46A0-9AC7-D84965D2A9A5.jpegC650EF9D-1F14-4EA5-A802-A72B21D4BDBE.jpeg
Can I kindly ask why it looks like the tips of the custom Voyager 14 that you have seem like they are hollowed out? Did you specifically ask to do that? That seems brilliant, since wax guards are known to lower sound quality, I appreciate that my v14 have no grill, but yours looks like it has no holes either kind of. Very interesting.

Dec 1, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #457 of 558
My issue is they are not willing to take responsibility if the v14s get lost in transit from me to them. I offered to pay any amount just so that I have the assurance that if I did everything correctly, showed them the proper address/receipts/etc. and it still got lost that I’d have some sort of solution. It’s just sketchy sending a tiny uninsured 1000 dollar iem box from USA to China during the holiday seasons, and if it gets lost I’m out 1000? I might have to find a USA based resheller, or just sell the v14 and go with a custom MEST 😵

Dec 3, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #458 of 558
My issue is they are not willing to take responsibility if the v14s get lost in transit from me to them. I offered to pay any amount just so that I have the assurance that if I did everything correctly, showed them the proper address/receipts/etc. and it still got lost that I’d have some sort of solution. It’s just sketchy sending a tiny uninsured 1000 dollar iem box from USA to China during the holiday seasons, and if it gets lost I’m out 1000? I might have to find a USA based resheller, or just sell the v14 and go with a custom MEST 😵
It sounds like this decision is pushing you outside of your comfort zone. It's a lot of money to risk on an unknown. I find that it's easier to get products out of China than it is to send a product into China. Even from Hong Kong to Shenzhen ~20km it's a hassle to send items for repair. If you want peace of mind, you're going to have to insure it at its original price. If you want to risk it, you'll feel much more stress than you are currently feeling. The safer option is to go for a custom MEST, but the comparatively less expensive option is to get your V14 reshelled. Also be warned, with Thieaudio's success with the Monarch and Clairvoyance, their lead times are very long. My impressions and V14s have been with them since the 22nd of October.
Hope this information helps you make a more informed decision.

Dec 3, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #459 of 558
Ladies and gentlemen, my v14 customs have arrived early and boy howdy they just how I remember them. I really really like these

Attachments

• IMG_20201203_195940.jpg
    IMG_20201203_195940.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201203_195945.jpg
    IMG_20201203_195945.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201203_195949.jpg
    IMG_20201203_195949.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201203_195957.jpg
    IMG_20201203_195957.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Dec 4, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #461 of 558
Any changes to the sound signature?
not that i can tell. the bass is still very full and the midrange is thick just how i remember it. the treble is detailed but pushed just a little back so not to be fatiguing. very solid iems for the price. i also received the monarchs which are about 120 less so im putting both of them to test. Its going to be a fun few weeks.

Dec 9, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #462 of 558
not that i can tell. the bass is still very full and the midrange is thick just how i remember it. the treble is detailed but pushed just a little back so not to be fatiguing. very solid iems for the price. i also received the monarchs which are about 120 less so im putting both of them to test. Its going to be a fun few weeks.
Very excited to hear your comparison!

Dec 28, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #463 of 558
I thinking about to order the voyager 14 and there are couple questions before i pull the trigger. Does the voyager sound realistic and lifelike or is it colored in the mids and highs. Has it a huge soundstage and a holographic imaging like the u12t? Is the venthole for the bassdrivers or is it for releasing the pressure in the ear? I don't like IEM which are completely closed. I hate the pressure and the suction feeling when you shoved in or pull it out the ears.
I own the Voyager 14. Pressure is definitely NOT an issue. I would consider it V shaped, but also VERY musical. I listen in neutral switch settings, ie-stock factory setting. PLENTY of bass to my liking. I would say ZERO coloring in mids and highs. Voices are unbelievably natural and realistic. Mariah Carey, Maria Brink ( In this Moment) , Stevie Nicks, Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban, John Davis (KORN) , DISTURBED's cover of Sound of Silence, the vocals are like you're right there. They scale upwards with better gear. Already just fantastic from my LGV60, but the soundstage depth and imaging improve with the FIIO M15 and even with my Schiit Yggdrasil DAC and Topping A90. All but 1 of my other IEM's sound thin against it, FIIO FH5 and FH7, SHOUER TAPE PRO, Moondrop Starfield, Tin P1. The Campfire Audio Atlas in my IEM collection is the only thing I have that sounds nearly as full bodied. Still, the V14 outperforms it overall.

Dec 28, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #464 of 558
I own the Voyager 14. Pressure is definitely NOT an issue. I would consider it V shaped, but also VERY musical. I listen in neutral switch settings, ie-stock factory setting. PLENTY of bass to my liking. I would say ZERO coloring in mids and highs. Voices are unbelievably natural and realistic. Mariah Carey, Maria Brink ( In this Moment) , Stevie Nicks, Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban, John Davis (KORN) , DISTURBED's cover of Sound of Silence, the vocals are like you're right there. They scale upwards with better gear. Already just fantastic from my LGV60, but the soundstage depth and imaging improve with the FIIO M15 and even with my Schiit Yggdrasil DAC and Topping A90. All but 1 of my other IEM's sound thin against it, FIIO FH5 and FH7, SHOUER TAPE PRO, Moondrop Starfield, Tin P1. The Campfire Audio Atlas in my IEM collection is the only thing I have that sounds nearly as full bodied. Still, the V14 outperforms it overall.

Yesss!! And not to mention they fit like a custom pair of iems. They are by far most comfortable pair of IEMS I’ve ever worn and they are extremely light because of the hollow chamber used for extension and depth.

With the EQ just right, they sound identical to my DD iems in everything bass related, and have 50% more subbass extension than my FA9 in the door knock test.

How would you compare the bass to the mighty Atlas, always wanted to try them!!

Best way to describe my V14 after using them 6-8 hours a day for 5 months... they sound like how heaven would sound if that makes sense, they’re very clean and airy. Because they reveal everything sometimes some recordings can sound gritty, but that’s a good thing, ideally if you had human eyes you’d want to see the dirt and smell even some farts here and there to remind you you’re still alive. ☹️

I am assuming there are other IEMs that have much better bass, but they sacrifice that for a lot of muddiness and lesser soundstage... Is the V14 a “perfect bass” for an all BA, as close as it can get?

Dec 28, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #465 of 558
Yesss!! And not to mention they fit like a custom pair of iems. They are by far most comfortable pair of IEMS I’ve ever worn and they are extremely light because of the hollow chamber used for extension and depth.

With the EQ just right, they sound identical to my DD iems in everything bass related, and have 50% more subbass extension than my FA9 in the door knock test.

How would you compare the bass to the mighty Atlas, always wanted to try them!!

Best way to describe my V14 after using them 6-8 hours a day for 5 months... they sound like how heaven would sound if that makes sense, they’re very clean and airy. Because they reveal everything sometimes some recordings can sound gritty, but that’s a good thing, ideally if you had human eyes you’d want to see the dirt and smell even some farts here and there to remind you you’re still alive. ☹

I am assuming there are other IEMs that have much better bass, but they sacrifice that for a lot of muddiness and lesser soundstage... Is the V14 a “perfect bass” for an all BA, as close as it can get?
It's not comparable, it's one of the worst IEMs I've heard. $500 worth of SQ at most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back