ThieAudio Voyager 14
Nov 4, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #436 of 558
How's are the subbass and bass now with the stock cable? Also are they about the same in size? Could i kindly ask you for a picture of the V14/Anole next to each other?

Also i see that you're selling the V14 already?
Sub-bass is superior in quantity on Anole. Mid bass a bit stronger on V14. Quality is a bit superior on Anole. But again with no A/B you will think the bass on V14 is pretty good. What affects me the most is the quality of the treble. It's not quite there with the TOTL.

Selling as I choose Anole. It's more precise, bit more refined, more weight on sub-bass, etc. Which is to be expected at $2500. I was just too curious about V14.

Attachments

• 20201105_031103.jpg
    20201105_031103.jpg
    954.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 4, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #438 of 558
Sub-bass is superior in quantity on Anole. Mid bass a bit stronger on V14. Quality is a bit superior on Anole. But again with no A/B you will think the bass on V14 is pretty good. What affects me the most is the quality of the treble.

Selling as I choose Anole. It's more precise, bit more refined, more weight on sub-bass, etc. Which is to be expected at $2500. I was just too curious about V14.

Thanks for all the information, the V14 looks to be just a bit bigger than the Anole, is that correct?

Also i think that faceplate looks damn amazing!
Interested to buy them from you, but i'll have to think about it to be sure!

Nov 5, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #441 of 558
Sub-bass is superior in quantity on Anole. Mid bass a bit stronger on V14. Quality is a bit superior on Anole. But again with no A/B you will think the bass on V14 is pretty good. What affects me the most is the quality of the treble.

Thanks for sharing your impressions on these two IEMs. I found the V14 a little harsh and shouty with the some of the upper vocals, but the sound stage width and details are very interesting. I’m waiting to get them back from Linsoul, because they’re reshelling them for me so I don’t have to fiddle with tip rolling anymore. I’m excited to see what the difference are like.

Nov 5, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #443 of 558
I've been all day with the V14 and the way they are now (stock cable + QDC Dual Flange tips+ bass/treble switches up), they are simply spectacular. Figured that the treble is not as refined as QDC simply due to QDC's using Effect Audio Leonidas cable (which doesn't sound good on V14). So, their treble is great. Still prefer QDC Anole VX vocals though. What impresses me the most is the soundstage and separation, the greatest separation I've heard of all IEMs I've had. It's a singular experience with these reverbs and spacial cues. V14 is outstanding for the price. For example, SHURE SE846 costs almost the same and doesn't even come close. Audeze LCD-i3 are not quite there as well and are priced closely. Take Heir Audio 10.0 which is a well known 10BA IEM, it's good but I think V14 is on another level. Same for the well nown InEar Prophile 8. I would choose V14 hands down. Some names that came to mind.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #444 of 558
Thanks for sharing your impressions on these two IEMs. I found the V14 a little harsh and shouty with the some of the upper vocals, but the sound stage width and details are very interesting. I’m waiting to get them back from Linsoul, because they’re reshelling them for me so I don’t have to fiddle with tip rolling anymore. I’m excited to see what the difference are like.
Have you ever given it some burn-in time, like 200hrs? Many people think BA don't burn-in and this is wrong from my experience.

Just curious.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #445 of 558
If you cover the vents with tape improvement on bass is extraordinary (didn't realize how lose it sounds), Bass switch has to be OFF and now everything is under control. They outperform Anole VX in the soundstage and separation department, they sound more holographic, give you an out of your head experience Anole cannot and in terms of fidelity in general, pretty much the same thing, Anole VX just wins on treble quality (by a notch) and for putting more weight on sub-bass.

*This IEM doesn't sound right with the vents open.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #446 of 558
If you cover the vents with tape improvement on bass is extraordinary (didn't realize how lose it sounds), Bass switch has to be OFF and now everything is under control. They outperform Anole VX in the soundstage and separation department, they sound more holographic, give you an out of your head experience Anole cannot and in terms of fidelity in general, pretty much the same thing, Anole VX just wins on treble quality (by a notch) and for putting more weight on sub-bass.

*This IEM doesn't sound right with the vents open.

Your experience with the v14 are extremely informative and really helped me and I’m sure a lot of other people. 🙌 What happens if the bass switch is on? I really enjoy a very strong U shape on my btr5s eq with the v14. Otherwise, the iem gets shouty as the other user pointed out. What I loved about my voyager 14, The fact that it can handle such extreme EQ boost and the shouting this is perfectly countered, as a result you’re able to get great detail while ALSO having 9 db/7.5db/6 db on the low end spectrums. Many other iems sound muffled and all you can hear is the bass when you form this U or V shape. With these you are able to get MONSTER dd level bass with great detail/stage/etc. All of its downsides can be countered by the fact that it has so many upsides that no other iems have, especially pure BA iems.

so for those wondering just how great of a price you are getting I did the math and it would come around to roughly $450 in just the drivers alone not to mention the dampers and all of the other materials I would say with the shell included you’re looking at around $650 you would have to spend if you built it yourself, that’s not including the 27 days it took them to build it by hand. What an incredible value for what you’re getting. Would you recommend custom reshell? Does it make the iems stick out less than double flanges?

Nov 18, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #447 of 558
Your experience with the v14 are extremely informative and really helped me and I’m sure a lot of other people. 🙌 What happens if the bass switch is on? I really enjoy a very strong U shape on my btr5s eq with the v14. Otherwise, the iem gets shouty as the other user pointed out. What I loved about my voyager 14, The fact that it can handle such extreme EQ boost and the shouting this is perfectly countered, as a result you’re able to get great detail while ALSO having 9 db/7.5db/6 db on the low end spectrums. Many other iems sound muffled and all you can hear is the bass when you form this U or V shape. With these you are able to get MONSTER dd level bass with great detail/stage/etc. All of its downsides can be countered by the fact that it has so many upsides that no other iems have, especially pure BA iems.

so for those wondering just how great of a price you are getting I did the math and it would come around to roughly $450 in just the drivers alone not to mention the dampers and all of the other materials I would say with the shell included you’re looking at around $650 you would have to spend if you built it yourself, that’s not including the 27 days it took them to build it by hand. What an incredible value for what you’re getting. Would you recommend custom reshell? Does it make the iems stick out less than double flanges?
I'm pretty sure it will sound better if custom reshelled.

Nov 18, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #448 of 558
I'm pretty sure it will sound better if custom reshelled.
Wow, that’s very exciting. I’ve never worn customs, I’m actually seeing an audiologist today! Conversely the V14 are by far the most comfortable iems earbud etc. shockingly so even for 14 armatures in a shell. 👌 Xelastec tips absolutely obliterate any and all tips in the known universe. Trying my other 17 type of tips, they all were like 70% but Xelastec is like 98%

Nov 18, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #449 of 558
I’m right there with you about the xelastic tips for most IEMs. I’ve had the best luck with IEMs that have a deep fitting stem, like the V14. The only thing with them is that they are best inserted... uh, when they are moist? It can be little awkward putting IEMs with xelastic tips on in public.
Regarding the CIEM, I hope to get my reshelled V14s in about a week. But we’ll have to wait and see. Also, xelastic tips worked really well with the MEST that I was able to demo today.

Nov 28, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #450 of 558
I’m right there with you about the xelastic tips for most IEMs. I’ve had the best luck with IEMs that have a deep fitting stem, like the V14. The only thing with them is that they are best inserted... uh, when they are moist? It can be little awkward putting IEMs with xelastic tips on in public.
Regarding the CIEM, I hope to get my reshelled V14s in about a week. But we’ll have to wait and see. Also, xelastic tips worked really well with the MEST that I was able to demo today.
I am very worried about reshelling them, because they are so expensive and if you declare their real price then the company/you get taxed, but if you declare a low price then how do you insure it in case it just disappears/gets lost in transit? (especially with how small of a package the iems would be in) I talked to them and set everything up but I ended up just buying some ear plugs from Ear Tune instead with the Impressions I got. Can't see myself shipping them from the USA to China with no insurance/or pay 200 in vat taxes?

I'm thinking I might just get MEST done in custom and I'll keep the universal v14 as a beater pair I use when I'm going out/at work. It's a shame, I was so excited. They didn't even offer to pay for shipping/any help other than "send it to this address and let us know"

Let me know how your experience went with the reshell when you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back