ThieAudio Voyager 14
Sep 19, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #526 of 558
Yeah V14 responds very well to EQ. I am surprised you find the bass lacking on them. I find V14 bass to be one of the best iem BA bass out there.

9db sounds like a lot. I EQ the bass by 3db and it's already incredible (without being basshead level).

A Quality copper cable is highly recommended.

Perhaps a deficient unit?
They don't lack exactly but I was waiting a lot more from the tuning. Testing was on 0 0 setting, bass down - highs down .
Bass boost I'm meant + 9db at 30 hz only for testing.

With bass up doesn't lack bass at all. Bass is more than enough , bass is better 95 % of any dynamic driver iem and has the best bass of any BA iem for sure. Because I know how capable the 38aj sonion woofers are I was waiting this shocking performance they have .

Sep 19, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #527 of 558
Yeah V14 responds very well to EQ. I am surprised you find the bass lacking on them. I find V14 bass to be one of the best iem BA bass out there.

9db sounds like a lot. I EQ the bass by 3db and it's already incredible (without being basshead level).

A Quality copper cable is highly recommended.

Perhaps a deficient unit?
I just had two switches up, and it was like EQ'ing lol. Sold, but I miss them already.

Think I used the MISODIKO S450's on them.

Sep 19, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #528 of 558
I just had two switches up, and it was like EQ'ing lol. Sold, but I miss them already.

Think I used the MISODIKO S450's on them.
Nooooo why you sold them ?
You didn't like them ?

With bass up treble up is like eq but then vocals fall behind .

They are awesome iems if not the best all BA iems in the world right now .

I wish a good cable will fix my issue with the mids .

Sep 19, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #529 of 558
You didn't like them ?

Not sure, might buy them down the road. Would like a CIEM version.

Sep 19, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #530 of 558
You didn't like them ?

I EQ the V14 quite heavily and it sounds as good (if not better) than any iem out there. Energy and stage that very few iems can match.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #531 of 558
You didn't like them ?

This EQ in position 01 solved all my issues with V14 and allowed many of its technical aspects to shine even more.

It's particularly useful for mids. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210920-071946_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
    Screenshot_20210920-071946_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 0
Sep 20, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #535 of 558
I listen to my V14s with a simple cable from Noble audio. And if they are with Anole VX, then they are not inferior to them. I listen to music without any equalizers. :)

I had Anole VX and I sold it because I preferred the V14. They are both detail monsters but V14 has better bass, more energy, better stage and a more natural timbre....with EQ 😉

I was hesitant too in the beginning but EQ can be a game changer. But if you're fully satisfied wit V14 stock signature that's also perfect.

Sep 21, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #536 of 558
Where are the vent holes on your iems ? On the back of the bass drivers or at right side like my iems ? I saw some other v14s and the vents was behind the bass drivers.

Attachments

• 20210921_082220.jpg
    20210921_082220.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #537 of 558
I had Anole VX and I sold it because I preferred the V14. They are both detail monsters but V14 has better bass, more energy, better stage and a more natural timbre....with EQ 😉

I was hesitant too in the beginning but EQ can be a game changer. But if you're fully satisfied wit V14 stock signature that's also perfect.
I have already stopped using the equalizer to fix music completely for a year, I use a neutral player and various headphones.

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #539 of 558
It’s been a while, but I’ve been putting in some solid listening time on my V14’s and I’m really enjoying it. With the custom fit, I realise that tip rolling can have a big effect on how much I got the tip rolling wrong with these IEMs.
Early on, I was going for a really deep fit. This didn’t work as the bass was good but not quite right. It just seemed like it was detail without the impact.
now with a shallower fit, in CIEM, I have both switches up and there is a more pleasant warmth that makes them more organic and gives the set more balance. In contrast to the Monarchs, the V14’s are more musical and have have more warmth and weight that make a me feel like they are more alive and fun.
reflecting back on my previous comparison between the MEST mk1 and the V14, the V14s have greater coherency across the highs mids and lows, where as the MEST seems to have a fast decay for the highs and to a lesser extent mids, but noticeably longer decay in the lows that makes them sound a bit off at times.
It’s great when you realise that your gear grows with you and changes as your awareness and understanding gains depth and breadth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back