ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Apr 21, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #1,786 of 4,769
I just bought a DX160 last week and I pair it with my Monarchs and it is a fantastic combination. I also have a Hiby R6 2020 and I think the DX160 sounds better. The Hiby R6 2020 has more advanced features, runs Android 9 and is super fast. But, the DX160 is light, cheap and sounds great. The only problem I have with it is that wifi doesn't work well for streaming. This is a known problem that I solve by downloading music. The battery doesn't last long either at about 4 hours so I am charging it all the time. I only need to run it at around 10 out of 100 and it sounds fantastic. I also have a Chord Mojo and Chord Hugo 2. The Hugo 2 sounds better, but for the portability that I get with it, it's totally worth it.
Thanks, that's very helpful. I am not streaming with DAP so wifi is not a problem. I may end up with a DX160.

Apr 22, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #1,787 of 4,769
Currently listened to my pair of clairs for the first night. Already loving it. Music sounds very smooth. Still need to give the DD some time to burn in.
However on certain songs I feel the treble sounds a bit harsh? most of the songs are good but on some of the songs I found the treble to be a little overbearing. Wondering if anyone else experience this?

Apr 22, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #1,789 of 4,769
where is the best place to buy these from. I'm in europe?
Linsoul is probably your best bet; they are the parent company of Thieaudio. There may be others that offer pre-orders occasionally if they can get a batch.

Apr 22, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #1,791 of 4,769
Currently listened to my pair of clairs for the first night. Already loving it. Music sounds very smooth. Still need to give the DD some time to burn in.
However on certain songs I feel the treble sounds a bit harsh? most of the songs are good but on some of the songs I found the treble to be a little overbearing. Wondering if anyone else experience this?
Are you sure is the treble, or maybe upper mids?

Apr 22, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #1,793 of 4,769
Gonna see if Linsoul can send me a completed Clair shell with nozzle, so I can see if it will fit.

Apr 23, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #1,795 of 4,769
Oracle/Excal are up on linsoul!
Excited to see some comparative reviews of Ocracle/Excal/Monarch/Clair😍

From the driver composition and pricing, it seems a total knuckle target of DUNU EST112.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #1,796 of 4,769
Apr 23, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #1,797 of 4,769
Excited to see some comparative reviews of Ocracle/Excal/Monarch/Clair😍
Beware future buyers of Monarch & Claire, pls shine inside to count your drivers!!!🤣

Apr 23, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #1,798 of 4,769
Oracle/Excal are up on linsoul!
Do not you think that the design and the name of these 2 new models are changed/wrong compared to the previous ones?

It seems that the Excalibur profile will be more of the Clairvoyance profile, and the Oracle profile will be more of the Monarch profile.

However, the faceplate of the Excalibur is more similar to the Monarch, and the faceplate of the Oracle more similar to the Clairvoyance. And Clairvoyance has much more relationship to an Oracle, and Excalibur much more relationship to a Monarch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #1,799 of 4,769
Do not you think that the design and the name of these 2 new models are changed/wrong compared to the previous ones?

It seems that the Excalibur profile will be more of the Clairvoyance profile, and the Oracle profile will be more of the Monarch profile.

However, the faceplate of the Excalibur is more similar to the Monarch, and the faceplate of the Oracle more similar to the Clairvoyance. And Clairvoyance has much more relationship to an Oracle, and Excalibur much more relationship to a Monarch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sweat_smile:
Indeed, the faceplate design, "blue/purple based with less color variation" is what I thought Clair is based, and "some scattered amber with darkish colors mixed" is what Monarch relates to me, not sure the intention but it's definitely flipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back