ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Apr 20, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #1,756 of 4,771
sorry to hear this :/ custom IEMs are final sale, always a risk buying blind....but i would hope they at least sent the IEM back to u

very interesting u mentioned the box having a strong chemical odor....when i ordered the Mofasest Trio (completely different IEM and company), it had this awful pungent chemical odor, both IEM and cable. I washed both off with soap and water multiple times, but the smell still lingered. IEM sounded about average though for the price

one small note, with all due respect i have to poke a hole in ur story:

u said here: "They told me they will send L4 back to me after I replied with if they do L4 is going straight to garbage."

but then said: "May I just add after all these countless e-mails I was extremely polite, respectful and understanding that mistakes can happen"

doesn't sound very polite to me xd

but hey, i hope it gets resolved in the future. GL
That was in my very last e-mail after which they didn't respond (with the tracking number as promised) or send iem back.
Like I said, even if they send them back no use, just look at that bump in the treble. I can only use the cable. Besides can you blame me I'm pissed after wasting 350 USD

Apr 20, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #1,757 of 4,771
That was in my very last e-mail after which they didn't respond (with the tracking number as promised) or send iem back.
Like I said, even if they send them back no use, just look at that bump in the treble. I can only use the cable. Besides can you blame me I'm pissed after wasting 350 USD
im sure there are companys that can help you reshape them into a universal. That is, if youre willing to invest even more into it. Even if its reshelled it still wont fix the tuning though.

Apr 20, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #1,758 of 4,771
im sure there are companys that can help you reshape them into a universal. That is, if youre willing to invest even more into it. Even if its reshelled it still wont fix the tuning though.
They didn't send them back to me. Even if they do I'd rather crush them with my feet that invest more into them. They can keep them...

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #1,759 of 4,771
Well, it's likely been said a lot, but the Clairvoyance is an AWESOME IEM. I am really, really loving mine.

The only downside is that they are large, and tricky for me to find a good fit. I typically have one ear blocking too much sound (bad fit), and I often have a hard time getting an even fit from both ears at the same time.

But when I do... oh man. Bliss.
Is Clair as big as Blessing 2? Those did not fit me. But DM8 and S8Z fit fine. Legacy 3 and Orb are 2 of my favorite fits. Worst would probably be Tape Pro, TC-01, T3, FH3.

Apr 20, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #1,760 of 4,771
I've seen a case that UIEM Monarch purchased by someone in the other audio community has an issue of making audible noise from the right unit. It can be really frustrating even when Linsoul offers a replacement unit as it will take another month. I will be also really mad if hundres of $ and my time waiting for IEMs is completely wasted.

Apr 20, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #1,762 of 4,771
Apr 20, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #1,763 of 4,771
they are bigger than z1rs which I consider not that big. clairs fit me like a glove.
Hm, I guess I need to see size comparison photos/videos of it to some common IEMs.

Apr 21, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #1,765 of 4,771
i think that wasted comment is for the person who commented before him? that person with his ciem issue
I don't see what's wasted, if the IEM is being replaced for free.

Apr 21, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #1,766 of 4,771
I don't see what's wasted, if the IEM is being replaced for free.
I was talking about a case of legacy 4 that above head fi member mentioned.

Apr 21, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #1,767 of 4,771
I was talking about a case of legacy 4 that above head fi member mentioned.
If you are referring to my post about L4 ciem issue, I think I have everything explained... Replacement is not coming, and even if it does come it will not be replacement, it will be same unit for which I raised the complaint.

Apr 21, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #1,769 of 4,771
yea he was talking about the previous post where the CIEM cannot be replaced or reshaped to a universal, which would be wasted. Hence his "I would also” be angry if it happened to him as well
My fault, I was not clear enough. Anyway, production errors should be reduced as possible as they can and a return and refund for the incomplete products should be 100% guaranteed. The problem in progdvd's case could be the lack of their QC criteria for ill-matching frequency response. If one product shows a clear deviation from their original tuning target, that should be considered defective.

Apr 21, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #1,770 of 4,771
My fault, I was not clear enough. Anyway, production errors should be reduced as possible as they can and a return and refund for the incomplete products should be 100% guaranteed. The problem in progdvd's case could be the lack of their QC criteria for ill-matching frequency response. If one product shows a clear deviation from their original tuning target, that should be considered defective.
I'm thinking the discrepency might actually be between the UIEMS and CIEMS? i'm no expert but just a guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back