ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Apr 23, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #1,801 of 4,753
Are you drunk?

Seems the Excalibur is Monarch’s tool (weapon and king) and Oracle is Clairvoyance’s, well the other way around, is its skill.

I’ll get the Excalibur since I have the Monarch.
Haha makes sense! Nice marketing read! Yep, the current owners' eyes are always on its counterpart. For me, I'm getting the same Monarch and Excalibur. Looking forward to your impression!

For hybrids, 5 units are a golden combo for linear phasing/coherency, I hope if the 5 units models actually could surpass their big brothers in terms of coherency with few sacrifices.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #1,803 of 4,753
Monarch, kneeling to Oracle: "I beg for your Clairvoyance... How can I win this battle?"

Oracle:
oraclewords.jpeg

Monarch:
okinglip.jpg

Sorry for this, gentlemen... I just couldn't resist.

I'm obviously tempted by the MINI-Clair... eeer... Oracle! To complement my Monarch...
But I know I will resist.
I think. =)

Apr 23, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #1,804 of 4,753
I'm obviously tempted by the MINI-Clair... eeer... Oracle! To complement my Monarch...
But I know I will resist.
I think. =)
This is the ****ed up part ... because the mini-Clair in terms of sound is the Excalibur

Apr 23, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #1,805 of 4,753
I really am not a fan of these models looking so similar in colors. At least make them a little bit more easier to differentiate?
It will be interesting to learn how much different they sound.

Apr 23, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #1,806 of 4,753
This is the ****ed up part ... because the mini-Clair in terms of sound is the Excalibur
Ha. You're absolutely right, my firesign buddy! Must've swapped the two FR in my head at a certain point, in order to make up for my silly tale!
So the Monarch already has plenty of swords, and all He needs now is the Oracle's Clairvoyance...
Makes total sense!

Apr 23, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #1,807 of 4,753
Do not you think that the design and the name of these 2 new models are changed/wrong compared to the previous ones?

It seems that the Excalibur profile will be more of the Clairvoyance profile, and the Oracle profile will be more of the Monarch profile.

However, the faceplate of the Excalibur is more similar to the Monarch, and the faceplate of the Oracle more similar to the Clairvoyance. And Clairvoyance has much more relationship to an Oracle, and Excalibur much more relationship to a Monarch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sweat_smile:
True. The pairs with the more similar “sonic goals” are the Monarch/Oracle and the Clairvoyance/Excalibur, however, when it comes to pairing them up on a complementary bases (meaning providing two different types of sound tuning), then the names make more sense. One who has the Monarch would typically buy the Excalibur, and one who has the Clairvoyance would typically buy the Oracle. Of course this is based on a lot of assumptions, including the accuracy of the graphs provided, and the likelihood that they will actually sound like they graph.

To me it seems that if one wanted to get a complementary pair of ThieAudio tribrids, the Monarch/Excalibur likely provides the most versatility. Alas, I’m awaiting my Clairvoyance to arrive soon, with the hope that it’s one and done as an all-rounder.

I really am not a fan of these models looking so similar in colors. At least make them a little bit more easier to differentiate?
I agree. While I think they are both very beautiful, I would’ve preferred a more different design theme for the new twins, instead of 4 IEMs that look really similar.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #1,808 of 4,753
Having already had the Monarchs and having liked them very much, since the order times have dropped a lot and for 130 euros of difference (with the two new models) I have just ordered the Clairvoyance. At least I'm on the safe side :wink:

Apr 23, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #1,809 of 4,753
True. The pairs with the more similar “sonic goals” are the Monarch/Oracle and the Clairvoyance/Excalibur, however, when it comes to pairing them up on a complementary bases (meaning providing two different types of sound tuning), then the names make more sense. One who has the Monarch would typically buy the Excalibur, and one who has the Clairvoyance would typically buy the Oracle. Of course this is based on a lot of assumptions, including the accuracy of the graphs provided, and the likelihood that they will actually sound like they graph.

To me it seems that if one wanted to get a complementary pair of ThieAudio tribrids, the Monarch/Excalibur likely provides the most versatility. Alas, I’m awaiting my Clairvoyance to arrive soon, with the hope that it’s one and done as an all-rounder.

I agree. While I think they are both very beautiful, I would’ve preferred a more different design theme for the new twins, instead of 4 IEMs that look really similar.
The other thing we need to consider is that Thieaudio just came up with names without considering how each IEM would pair with each other. Maybe they just came up with the names because they were cool.

Apr 23, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #1,810 of 4,753
The other thing we need to consider is that Thieaudio just came up with names without considering how each IEM would pair with each other. Maybe they just came up with the names because they were cool.
Never! You know that they always think very loooong and hard about naming their IEMs, and making sure nothing gets lost in translation.

For instance The Fragrant Zither Star Driams Oppoty King My Love 2 ZZX, producing amazing female poison!

Actually, ThieAudio has been very pretty good with naming their IEMs. Apparently they’re not perfect.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #1,811 of 4,753

Either of the 2 may be right.
But I am going with IEMusic's point of view :)

Apr 23, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #1,812 of 4,753
Never! You know that they always think very loooong and hard about naming their IEMs, and making sure nothing gets lost in translation.

For instance The Fragrant Zither Star Driams Oppoty King My Love 2 ZZX, producing amazing female poison!

Actually, ThieAudio has been very good with naming their IEMs.
Not so sure they nailed it here. Monarch should have been paired with Oracle. And Excalibur with Clairvoyance. At a minimum, it’s confusing if you think about it for more than superficially. It doesn’t help that the price points are so close.

If they nailed it, we wouldn’t be having this discussion now

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #1,813 of 4,753
Not so sure they nailed it here. Monarch should have been paired with Oracle. And Excalibur with Clairvoyance. At a minimum, it’s confusing if you think about it for more than superficially. It doesn’t help that the price points are so close.

That was my first idea... SOUND: Monarch - Oracle ; Clairvoyance - Excalibur | NAMES: Monarch - Excalibur ; Clairvoyance - Oracle.

:upside_down:

Apr 23, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #1,814 of 4,753
That was my first idea... SOUND: Monarch - Oracle ; Clairvoyance - Excalibur | NAMES: Monarch - Excalibur ; Clairvoyance - Oracle.

:upside_down:
almost. The subject is the Monarch or the Oracle. The power or weapon is the Excalibur or Clairvoyance.

So, if named properly, the Monarch should have been released with the Oracle instead of the Clairvoyance.

The subsequent release should have been the Excalibur and the Clairvoyance.

Apr 23, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #1,815 of 4,753

Or you should say they actually nailed it since we are discussing it, mission accomplished hah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back