ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Aug 29, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #271 of 4,771
Pulled the trigger on the Monarch. The graph with 20 ohm adapter looks amazing

Aug 30, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #272 of 4,771
I just hope ThieAudio/Linsoul are up to the task of meeting demand while improving their QC.
yep. this is their chance. they seem to have a solid release. not being able to meet demand is a lesser evil than quality setbacks IMO.

Aug 30, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #273 of 4,771
yep. this is their chance. they seem to have a solid release. not being able to meet demand is a lesser evil than quality setbacks IMO.
For sure, and even as someone who has never, and is unlikely to, bought TheiAudio gear, I am pulling for them to get their crap together. It's better for consumers if there's plenty of competition and innovation. I want them to succeed just out of principle.

Aug 30, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #274 of 4,771
@crinacle are the shells and fit similar between the 2? The Clair pics on Linsoul make the fit look sketchy and Monarch looks more normal

Aug 30, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #275 of 4,771
Now that I have thoroughly listened to both (having used V14 for more than a month as my daily driver and the Monarch for 2 weeks daily), I personally prefer the Monarch as it has a "better overall package". I say this in quotes because a better overall package for me is something that has good bass that goes deep when needed, realistic mids that has a good bite/attack when I need (I listen to a lot of rock and funk songs) and highs that has good extension and air. And I say this with Monarch on stock cable (2.5 to 4.4mm balanced) VS a V14 with PWAudio Xerxes 8-core cable (4.4mm balanced)

The V14 is a good earphone if you want something a bit more balanced, where the mids aren't laid back and you still get decent highs and lows. Mids on the V14 are definitely a tad better than on the Monarch as it has more presence and thus having more of that attack I get in snare drums and bite in electric guitars. Due to the more present mids, vocals have a greater authority, when the singer belts out higher notes, it really hits you and you feel it.

However, the Monarch though with laidback mids, still retains that similar quality that I described above of the V14. It just sounds "less audible" on the Monarch due to the V-shaped tuning so it doesn't hit you as hard as the V14. I do like the V14 when I wanna fully enjoy guitars and vocals only or if I am trying to do more critical listening (as everything is a bit more balanced on the V14), but then again, I listen to my music as a whole, so the Monarch is more suitable. The Monarch has bass that goes REALLY deep and the V14 doesn't quite achieve that, it still has that "BA bass" though with some semblance of DD qualities, but then still, it ain't a DD bass sadly. Vocals are more forward than the other instruments in the mid range segment on the Monarch so if your concern is just vocals, then no worries on that. Yes you can still get the highs and lows on the V14, but the quality and extension of the Monarch is just so much better that I feel is only achievable by using dynamic and estat respectively. To add on to that, the Monarch just has way better detail retrieval and layering to me so though mids sound softer, I can still easily tell apart the different instruments. The experience I get with the V14 when listening to really deep lows is just "Oh wow, not bad for a BA driver!" but on the Monarch is "Oh damn, that's really deep" and you get goosebumps from it.

Hence, the Thieaudio Monarch is just a better listening experience overall for me! However, if you want something a bit more balanced, then the V14 is also a good choice! Neither is bad, it's really a matter of personal preference here. The Monarch sounds closer to studio monitoring speakers, while the V14 is a technical BA earphone. I have also been very used to a tribrid sound (as my last few earphones were the M5 and Noble Khan) and a full BA setup can't quite fulfill my needs in the highs and lows segment anymore.

Thanks for the review. How is the fit of Monarch? I own the v14 and the L3. The v14 is a bit too big for my ears, the L3 is the perfect size for me.

Aug 30, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #276 of 4,771
I had a similar experience from Amazon when I purchased the Monarch. Shipping to Chicago via DHL took 2 weeks from the day of my order. I purchased a Clairvoyance last night from the Linsoul site before Crin posted his review. Custom UIEM. I feel the Monarch is missing some upper bass and lower mid band body (for my taste) out of my N6ii E02. I’m not opposed to peq or resistors, but I usually play with cables and tips first. I’ve paired it with the stock cable, a Leo II 4-wire, and I have a PWA no. 10 on the way. I’m going to try the Monarch with the DX220 MAX if I can pull the Odin away from it.

Aug 30, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #278 of 4,771
Thanks for the review. How is the fit of Monarch? I own the v14 and the L3. The v14 is a bit too big for my ears, the L3 is the perfect size for me.
20200830_161137.jpg

So both fit fine for me but I also noticed that since the nozzle on the V14 is longer, only some parts of the V14 tends to touch my ears whereas the shell of the Monarch touches my ears more. The Monarch also tends to be a little bit longer (length of the shell) and covers the concha of my ears fully whereas the V14 has some gap at the bottom but it doesn't affect seal. I think for you, the Monarch might be a bit bigger in terms of shell size.

Aug 30, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #279 of 4,771
Anyone able to compare Clair/Monarch to Blessing 2 yet? Is it just more bass, are the technicalities improved as well?

Aug 30, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #281 of 4,771
@crinacle review about Monarch is really interested, if they are lower in upper mids tuning and have uplifted lower mids a little bit, they will be great for my preferences. But the S rank given for technicalities, which similar with Z1R and better than S8. I just got My Mofasest Trio so i have no budget at all

Aug 30, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #282 of 4,771
I want the tuning of the Clairvoyance, and the technical capabilities, mainly the imaging, of the Monarch. The 20Ohm Monarch seems like the best blend of the two,

I just got My Mofasest Trio so i have no budget at all
Only one thing to do then, enjoy the Mofasest Trio to the fullest! I’m sure it’s an amazing sounding IEM.

Aug 30, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #283 of 4,771
I want the tuning of the Clairvoyance, and the technical capabilities, mainly the imaging, of the Monarch. The 20Ohm Monarch seems like the best blend of the two,

Only one thing to do then, enjoy the Mofasest Trio to the fullest! I’m sure it’s an amazing sounding IEM.

I have my own target preference actually, lile combination of some TOTL, similar to crinacle dawn but lower in upper mids mainly 2khz, with dips and boosts along high mids until trebles. Pinna gain not more than 8db.
Monarch tuning seems a bit too sterile for me, like mangird tea maybe, i like a bit touch of warmness on lower mids if on crin weight scale, 1 is perfect for me (my M7 is warm (same with m9), crin rated as 2 for note weight)

My mofasest is still on burning period, they are great for their own class, but they are not TOTL yet, just barely at the step before TOTL gate.

Aug 31, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #284 of 4,771
@crinacle How does the bass quantity and quality compare in the Monarch and Clairvoyance compare to the Moondrop S8?

I find the bass texture of the S8 to be phenomenal but it can seem a tad light in the mid bass at times. I left this same inquiry on your review page as well. I think many folks will be deciding between these three units given their very similar price, performance and ratings.

Aug 31, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #285 of 4,771
So the Monarch will it be for commuting, let's see when Amazon restocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back