ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Aug 28, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #258 of 4,774
Went to buy it off of Amazon and all sold out. Is it as safe ordering direct?
It’s basically the same, I think, because it wasn’t being “Fulfilled by Amazon” anyways, which is what would make returns easy. It was being shipped direct from Linsoul.

Aug 28, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #259 of 4,774
It’s basically the same, I think, because it wasn’t being “Fulfilled by Amazon” anyways, which is what would make returns easy. It was being shipped direct from Linsoul.
I do know in my experience if the third party doesn't handle there business AMAZON has always handle the situation to my satisfaction. Just gives me that extra assurance when spending this type if money.

Aug 29, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #261 of 4,774
Aug 29, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #262 of 4,774
Crin just dropped his review:

https://crinacle.com/2020/08/26/thieaudio-monarch-and-clairvoyance-review-twin-wins/

Monarch: S- (Redefines the price bracket)
Clairvoyance: A+ (Redefines then price bracket)

Really impressive stuff from the looks of it.

The advantage of being difficult to please...when you do like something, everyone takes notice. It really does seem the golden price bracket is from around $700 to $2,000. Most of the best IEMs are in this price range, and most of the more expensive offerings are not necessarily better (with few exceptions of course, like the Odin it seems).

Aug 29, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #263 of 4,774
So these will be the FOTM for sure (there is no snark intended here, btw). I just hope ThieAudio/Linsoul are up to the task of meeting demand while improving their QC. I went a different than intended direction (have ATH-WP900 on the way....headphones!!! and I am not a headphone guy, though always had a thing for AT woodies) the other day, but if I hadn't, I'd probably talk myself into a leap-of-faith on a pair of the Monarchs given crin's description of the differences.

Aug 29, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #264 of 4,774
Per Crinacle:

Imaging is excellent on the Monarch, which is high praise from me considering my opinion that majority of IEMs exist in the limbo of mediocrity. Soundstage width and size is above average, though the biggest selling point of the Monarch’s technical capability is arguably its positional accuracy; every instrument has its own well-defined spot in a well-mastered mix, clearly separated from one another and easily distinguishable. I wouldn’t go as far as to call it speaker-like (or even open-backed-headphone-like for that matter), but at least within the realm of IEM-fi… it certainly isn’t lacking.”

Given the importance I place on this aspect of an IEM‘s performance, it looks like the Monarch is the one for me, surprisingly.

Aug 29, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #265 of 4,774
Regarding solely tuning, I prefer that of the Clairvoyance overall. I like the fuller lower mids and mid bass. Regarding the upper mids and treble, I think I prefer the Monarch a little more.

E168F2CC-FAE5-4E30-92E9-6135EC77D383.png

The big difference maker that Crinacle has found (he deserves all credit for this), is adding a 20 Ohm resistor to the Monarch. With the resistor in place, I think the upper mids and treble look like a wash, while the cleanliness of the mid and upper bass, and thus versatility with genres such as jazz and classical music, is still better with the Monarch, while not looking as “thin”. Meanwhile, just the sub bass, below 80 Hz, is boosted a lot, making it look oh so fun! Given Crinacle’s article, I think I will have to take a chance again with ThieAudio.

It looks like the Monarch would sound amazing with a really warm, high OI tube amp.

9AF92F11-8655-4A32-B039-48D4F67314EA.png

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #267 of 4,774
This is one of those good news/bad news things. I congratulate Linsoul on the achievement.The positive reviews will encourage sales, but ThieAudio is not exactly a prompt provider of products. I saw that they removed the Monarch and Clairvoyance from their Amazon listings. They had them as shipping months from now. So you wait for your item, and yet they insist on charging you at the moment you order. I would have second thoughts about buying these items atm.

Aug 29, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #268 of 4,774
This is one of those good news/bad news things. I congratulate Linsoul on the achievement.The positive reviews will encourage sales, but ThieAudio is not exactly a prompt provider of products. I saw that they removed the Monarch and Clairvoyance from their Amazon listings. They had them as shipping months from now. So you wait for your item, and yet they insist on charging you at the moment you order. I would have second thoughts about buying these items atm.

I ordered stock Monarch last Tuesday. DHL says they arrive on Wednesday. One week to arrive from China is pretty fast. I haven't had a problem with excessively slow service from Linsoul before.

Aug 29, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #269 of 4,774
I ordered stock Monarch last Tuesday. DHL says they arrive on Wednesday. One week to arrive from China is pretty fast. I haven't had a problem with excessively slow service from Linsoul before.

I ordered a different LInsoul IEM weeks ago and am still waiting for it to ship. Wait times of a month and more apparently are pretty common. I am happy for you that your experience has been good.

Aug 29, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #270 of 4,774
It’s variable. I’ve purchased some stuff that they shipped after a week, but other stuff that took a month to ship out. DHL has always been spectacular, with very fast delivery times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back