ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jul 13, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #61 of 4,752
That was kinda obvious coming from BGGAR. He's a bass first anything else second kind of person (no problem in that, mind you).

The thing that bugs me is that he's getting lazy with it. All the time he mostly talk/complain about bass and when he's supposed to talk about other FR section, he just says it sounds proper (whatever that mean) without bothering to elaborate on that.
Will continue watch videos , but will not be purchasing for a while. All these IEM's are becoming close to each other in sound,etc. Difference is so small is just not worth dealing with shipment from Asia, potential quality issues,etc. Chi Fi use to be a good option but prices have gone up rapidly.
I am not sponsored or get anything to review, so it's plain hard earn money, so will stick to enjoy music for a while and then save a bit for end of year discounts if any 🙄

Jul 13, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #62 of 4,752
I am not sponsored or get anything to review, so it's plain hard earn money, so will stick to enjoy music for a while and then save a bit for end of year discounts if any 🙄
11 11 sale on ali would be your best bet for that. Give the market time to mature as well.

Jul 13, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #63 of 4,752
That was kinda obvious coming from BGGAR. He's a bass first anything else second kind of person (no problem in that, mind you).

The thing that bugs me is that he's getting lazy with it. All the time he mostly talk/complain about bass and when he's supposed to talk about other FR section, he just says it sounds proper (whatever that mean) without bothering to elaborate on that.
I get yeah, i guess to him; bass response is the biggest factor on IEM. xD

To me EQing 2-3db on 150-200hz area is no big deal at all. Anyhow, it feels as if he wanted to find a better set between the two to hype/rec, Monarch and Clairvoyance, and rambled about the lower bass too much, but meh. Its his thing i guess, because to me, both set (purely on graph) deserve some attention as they are target tuned for different audience it feels. But HBB kinda disregard who these IEMs might be for, but went along and said this particular one is not for him. (which is alright by any means because he is picking which is better IEM in his "Standard")

I just hope these IEM are good :D

Jul 13, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #64 of 4,752
I was already thinking the same thing about the Monarch mid bass, but you’re right, adding a little EQ is simple enough. The Monarch graph from 1KHz up looks amazing though, and a lot better than the Clair to me, but that’s just a graph. The Clair mids and treble may be fantastic sounding.

This takes nothing away from these new tribrids, which do seem to be great, but the more tribrids that come out, the more it seems the EJ07 just digs it’s heels into the ground and says I’m here to stay.

Jul 13, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #65 of 4,752
I was already thinking the same thing about the Monarch mid bass, but you’re right, adding a little EQ is simple enough. The Monarch graph from 1KHz up looks amazing though, and a lot better than the Clair to me, but that’s just a graph. The Clair mids and treble may be fantastic sounding.

This takes nothing away from these new tribrids, which do seem to be great, but the more tribrids that come out, the more it seems the EJ07 just digs it’s heels into the ground and says I’m here to stay.
Its def more options for us as consumer :D, because for sure some people love EJ07, but to some its very dark not so enjoyable...

I am really hopeful for these tribrid <3 and you can join the Monarch gang :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #66 of 4,752

And it's looking more and more like EJ07 here😉

Jul 13, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #67 of 4,752
I am just so happy that my order of ej07 just prior to these two been released seemed to have been vindicated. It is indeed a monster Shuoer has created for us! And I believe ej07 goes really well the more vol you put it on with :) -- it won't be dark if on very high dbs (hope I won't become deaf upon receiving it in coming week)

Jul 13, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #68 of 4,752
Just remember to take HBB review with little bit of salt (any reviewer actually), ultimately, its what ur ears and how u perceive the iem, cuz for all we know EJ07, Monarch, Clairvoyance is not what you had in mind, and it could be that JQ JH is what perfectly for your ear :wink:

As someone who appreciates the brighter signature as I do, had sold EJ07 and Conductor after giving them a try, and YY ST7 (cheaper EJ07 is also available).

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #69 of 4,752
Just remember to take HBB review with little bit of salt (any reviewer actually), ultimately, its what ur ears and how u perceive the iem, cuz for all we know EJ07, Monarch, Clairvoyance is not what you had in mind, and it could be that JQ JH is what perfectly for your ear :wink:

As someone who appreciates the brighter signature as I do, had sold EJ07 and Conductor after giving them a try, and YY ST7 (cheaper EJ07 is also available).
Yes, the problem is you can't just try them all 😄
I got blown by HBB with Roland, but he wasn't actually wrong, but he should've said it is super rolled off. Also he says he's bass first, but he was keeping EX1000 as reference for long time, i had it and i personally find it flat and unlistenable unless massively eqd, so im much more of a bass freak and if he finds the Monarch lacking i know where he's at

Jul 13, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #70 of 4,752
I got blown by HBB with Roland, but he wasn't actually wrong, but he should've said it is super rolled off. Also he says he's bass first, but he was keeping EX1000 as reference for long time, i had it and i personally find it flat and unlistenable unless massively eqd, so im much more of a bass freak and if he finds the Monarch lacking i know where he's at
BGGAR did state that he EQs up the bass of the EX1000 at 50Hz, but didn’t specify by how much.

Basically, the EJ07 has a special tuning, that some love, and some really don’t like, but I don’t think it’s going to be replaced any time soon at all. The newer options are much needed for those that really want a brighter signature, with more treble detail, so all use consumers win.

Jul 13, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #71 of 4,752
If bass is the key importance to you while having totl features, I recommend you try going for the main stream brand, DD bass -> Z1R, BA bass -> U12T.
Even Nio sound temping other than Z1R (but need more reviews)

Basically, the EJ07 has a special tuning, that some love, and some really don’t like, but I don’t think it’s going to be replaced any time soon at all. The newer options are much needed for those that really want a brighter signature, with more treble detail, so all use consumers win.
Yes more option = win for consumers and eventually Chifi will catch up to the mainstream IEMS, just matter of time

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #72 of 4,752
If bass is the key importance to you while having totl features, I recommend you try going for the main stream brand, DD bass -> Z1R, BA bass -> U12T.
Even Nio sound temping other than Z1R (but need more reviews)

Yes more option = win for consumers and eventually Chifi will catch up to the mainstream IEMS, just matter of time
Z1R highly unimpressed, got JVC ha-fw10000 instead, but now want something different, was surprised how much joy a 50dollar set can give and how top money means very little, which is not to say Chifi experiments are the way, i need to try one of the new gen as they are catching up to the big boyz with the odd exciting product, have been around LX, u12s etc, not impressed anymore plus they all proved money is their only goal

Jul 14, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #73 of 4,752
still going monarch when I can afford them. I want that extra upper detail and sparkle, and when it calls for it anything ifi sorts any bass lacking items right out with out effecting anything else and I don't have to **** around with eq all the time. and 2nd they also look better , clairvoyance looks much more like a broach my nan would wear 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back