ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jul 7, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #16 of 4,752
I hear the bass driver is actually a 10mm dynamic AND quad BAs. Supposed to be endgame for bass.

From the item description on Linsoul: On the other end of the spectrum, a 10mm dynamic driver and multi-balanced armature woofers have been implemented to bring about a punchy subbass impact.

Jul 7, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #17 of 4,752
From the item description on Linsoul: On the other end of the spectrum, a 10mm dynamic driver and multi-balanced armature woofers have been implemented to bring about a punchy subbass impact.
Chifi Z1R incoming :)

Jul 8, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #19 of 4,752
I am really intrested to see the comparsion between the Mangird Tea, Shuoer EJ07, Shuoer Conductor, Thieaudio Clairvoyance, Thieaudio Monarch and the Y****o ST7.
Since i really liked the EST-Driver in my Shuoer Tapes, i am really tempted to go Tribrid.

Jul 8, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #20 of 4,752
I am really intrested to see the comparsion between the Mangird Tea, Shuoer EJ07, Shuoer Conductor, Thieaudio Clairvoyance, Thieaudio Monarch and the Y****o ST7.
Since i really liked the EST-Driver in my Shuoer Tapes, i am really tempted to go Tribrid.
Wow, that would be incredible if someone were able to get their hands on all of those IEMs for a comparison. The ST7 is probably redundant, since AFAIK, it’s been established to be the same as the EJ07. I’m still wondering if the Tri Starlight is actually the same as the ST7/EJ07.

On another topic, I don’t know why Shuoer doesn‘t update the faceplate of the EJ07, or offer it with different faceplates. It may seem silly, but at that price, I think customers expect good looking IEMs, and Shuoer would sell A LOT more of them. The big SOWE name just makes it that much worse, IMO. Good news for Linsoul, since I’m sure the ThieAudios will be very customizable like their other products.

Jul 8, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #21 of 4,752
Wow, that would be incredible if someone were able to get their hands on all of those IEMs for a comparison. The ST7 is probably redundant, since AFAIK, it’s been established to be the same as the EJ07. I’m still wondering if the Tri Starlight is actually the same as the ST7/EJ07.

On another topic, I don’t know why Shuoer doesn‘t update the faceplate of the EJ07, or offer it with different faceplates. It may seem silly, but at that price, I think customers expect good looking IEMs, and Shuoer would sell A LOT more of them. The big SOWE name just makes it that much worse, IMO. Good news for Linsoul, since I’m sure the ThieAudios will be very customizable like their other products.

The look of EJ07s does put me off. Not a dealbreaker, once in ears you don't see them, fit is much more important but at that price? Yeah, looks matter.

Jul 8, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #22 of 4,752
The look of EJ07s does put me off. Not a dealbreaker, once in ears you don't see them, fit is much more important but at that price? Yeah, looks matter.
That’s actually a big reason why I’m curious about the Starlight. I think they look really nice.
0BD4CEF1-0013-499B-861B-16E1EFE834D2.jpeg

Jul 8, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #23 of 4,752
From reading posts here and there, the early treble roll off for Tea, EJ07/ST7 and Conductor seems to be love it or hate it type of scenario.
Personally, I enjoy the instrumental splashes and airiness in treble, and to consider I dont listen anything above 85db, I would like decent bright (not overly bright) IEM.
JQ JH is also an interesting tribrid but its bass rise is... tad low... xD
So ultimately Monarch and Clairvoyance interest me the most out of all the tribrid :D

Jul 8, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #24 of 4,752
From reading posts here and there, the early treble roll off for Tea, EJ07/ST7 and Conductor seems to be love it or hate it type of scenario.
Personally, I enjoy the instrumental splashes and airiness in treble, and to consider I dont listen anything above 85db, I would like decent bright (not overly bright) IEM.
JQ JH is also an interesting tribrid but its bass rise is... tad low... xD
So ultimately Monarch and Clairvoyance interest me the most out of all the tribrid :D
Since Linsoul already has your ear impressions, they could make you a CIEM of one of their tribrids.

Jul 8, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #25 of 4,752
Since Linsoul already has your ear impressions, they could make you a CIEM of one of their tribrids.
They likely do~ but decided to get UIEM this time around so I can let people around me try xD like coworkers in the office

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #26 of 4,752
So if I interpret Linsoul's product notes correctly, Monarch is slightly brighter set and Clairvoyance is more bassy/warm? The description for both products says "reference style monitor tuning" which confuses me as that would mean they would sound flat like Andromedas?

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #27 of 4,752
As i read it, the Clairvoyance is harmanish tuned while Monarch has treble boost for some detail.
But we can't be sure until we see some graphs and some people get their hands on them.

Jul 10, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #28 of 4,752
As i read it, the Clairvoyance is harmanish tuned while Monarch has treble boost for some detail.
But we can't be sure until we see some graphs and some people get their hands on them.
They both got flat lower half of the mid, 1k and below (something like crin EJ07 graph), and depending on the model u will see a rise in bass all the way to sub bass starting from 150hz or 200hz (also like crin EJ07 graph but starting point is different).

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #29 of 4,752
They both got flat lower half of the mid, 1k and below (something like crin EJ07 graph), and depending on the model u will see a rise in bass all the way to sub bass starting from 150hz or 200hz (also like crin EJ07 graph but starting point is different).
Do you have any graphs with this information?

Jul 10, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #30 of 4,752
HBB graph for them is out, so credit to him

Both seems to have energy at upper treble, but measurement can vary after 8k because of the resonance in the coupler, but overall likely have strong upper treble xD

I would likely want to have a deep fit for these bad boys with smaller tip size

Attachments

• 9A046969-C608-4C53-A542-6D7AEF6B64FA.png
    9A046969-C608-4C53-A542-6D7AEF6B64FA.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 6E1DE21B-C3C5-4DF0-B4B8-F03C2BC90962.png
    6E1DE21B-C3C5-4DF0-B4B8-F03C2BC90962.png
    161.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back