ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jul 11, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #46 of 4,752
I was reading the L9 review on headfi. I am just wondering if the Clairvoyance can be an upgrade to the L9 as L9's only con was lack of sharpness to bass...

Jul 11, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #47 of 4,752
I was reading the L9 review on headfi. I am just wondering if the Clairvoyance can be an upgrade to the L9 as L9's only con was lack of sharpness to bass...
Hard to say, their whole tuning is quite different actually, so I wouldnt consider Clairvoyance as an upgrade to L9.

L9 bass is quite elevated and was one of the warmer and thicker iem I had own. (I gifted my L9 to my gf, so not with me anymore, but she loves it alot)

Clairvoyance and Monarch has flat lower range, and only Clairvoyance is on the tad warmer compared to Monarch as its start elevating from 250hz, but even then its not comparable to L9 in sheer quantity in the lower range (not quality, tbh i have no idea clairvoyance/monarch quality)

Hope this helps~

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #48 of 4,752
Hard to say, their whole tuning is quite different actually, so I wouldnt consider Clairvoyance as an upgrade to L9.

L9 bass is quite elevated and was one of the warmer and thicker iem I had own. (I gifted my L9 to my gf, so not with me anymore, but she loves it alot)

Clairvoyance and Monarch has flat lower range, and only Clairvoyance is on the tad warmer compared to Monarch as its start elevating from 250hz, but even then its not comparable to L9 in sheer quantity in the lower range (not quality, tbh i have no idea clairvoyance/monarch quality)

Hope this helps~

Looks to me the Clairy potentially has more sub bass than the L9 with slightly less mid bass.

*edit. I lined up fr graphs - perhaps not so much on the bass comment.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #49 of 4,752

Clairvoyance and Monarchz has flat lower range, and only Clairvoyance is on the tad warmer compared to Monarch as its start elevating from 250hz, but even then its not comparable to L9 in sheer quantity in the lower range (not quality, tbh i have no idea clairvoyance/monarch quality)

Hope this helps~
Hi, thanks a lot for your conparisons. Looks like I can go for Clairvoyance :) Have you particularly tried any brightly mastered records? Do you own both? Does the treble gets too hot on brightly mastered records?

I wonder if the Clairvoyance can reach some godness to the LX ! :D the typical sharp and resolution from the lows...

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 2:45 AM Post #50 of 4,752
Looks to me the Clairy potentially has more sub bass than the L9 with slightly less mid bass.

Well if you line up the graphs from hbb, L9 have 3-4db more on 65hz and just extend higher than clairvoyance.
L9 starts its rise from 500hz compared to 250hz from clairvoyance. L9 already reached 3db ish at 250hz.

Its just whole different bass tuning, L9 is just bass xD

Attachments

• triple_thie.png
    triple_thie.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #52 of 4,752
Well if you line up the graphs from hbb, L9 have 3-4db more on 65hz and just extend higher than clairvoyance.
L9 starts its rise from 500hz compared to 250hz from clairvoyance. L9 already reached 3db ish at 250hz.

Its just whole different bass tuning, L9 is just bass xD

No doubt. It wasn't clear until i transpose them. L9 definitely has a lot more bass.

And with that said after reviewing the graphs. I don't think these are going to challenge the LX. But, we'll see...

Jul 12, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #53 of 4,752

L9 for me was a mess, for some reason I felt the tuning was problematic. Did not feel it hit anything for me. Just need to decide which I buy to test, still holding on to the JQ Tribrid and I am using it with a Little Bear amp and that just hits a lot of things for me the right way

Jul 12, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #54 of 4,752
L9 for me was a mess, for some reason I felt the tuning was problematic. Did not feel it hit anything for me. Just need to decide which I buy to test, still holding on to the JQ Tribrid and I am using it with a Little Bear amp and that just hits a lot of things for me the right way

I liked the JQ. I'm having a hard time holding back myself on a ~$700 set. I keep telling myself to stop getting caught up with these tri's and just buy what you really want and now that EE has "Odin" coming out...but what if ...

Jul 12, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #55 of 4,752
I liked the JQ. I'm having a hard time holding back myself on a ~$700 set. I keep telling myself to stop getting caught up with these tri's and just buy what you really want and now that EE has "Odin" coming out...but what if ...
Tell me about it. I like the JQ arrangement and will stick to those for a while. This can become a never ending pursuit and the economic outlook is not great

Jul 12, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #56 of 4,752
Tell me about it. I like the JQ arrangement and will stick to those for a while. This can become a never ending pursuit and the economic outlook is not great

For sure. The funny thing is, i have heard just about all the top-tier offerings. So why am i kidding myself?!?!? I guess i dont have any top-tier offerings due to justifying their price. Good luck on your endeavors.

Jul 13, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #57 of 4,752
Hmmm HBB gave the monarch a review, it appears he prefers clairvoyance much more than monarch.

Monarch bass look more like Viento B, so to me, monarch feels like an IEM that was tuned for vocals + balance instruments with sub bass extension for bass splash than bass impact.

While Clairvoyance gives you little bit of warmth with toned upper range instruments but still containing enough treble splash + airiness.

Ultimately, both IEM seems to have their own fun ^__^

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #60 of 4,752
That was kinda obvious coming from BGGAR. He's a bass first anything else second kind of person (no problem in that, mind you).

The thing that bugs me is that he's getting lazy with it. All the time he mostly talk/complain about bass and when he's supposed to talk about other FR section, he just says it sounds proper (whatever that mean) without bothering to elaborate on that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back