ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jan 7, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #3,586 of 4,819
So i just listened to my MKII with the ifi Hip Dac w/ Xbass on and man it is near perfect. Definitely gives it that bass kick with the incredible mids and great highs. Loving it!
When you say “near perfect”, what do you still find lacking?

Jan 7, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #3,588 of 4,819
WARNING: GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING CONTENT (mature audiences only)

I wanted to share my experience with my monarch MKii, Not exactly sure why but I figured at least some of you might find it entertaining

First off, monarch mkii is my favorite iem I’ve owned, including the Layla u18 Tia fourte Jolene and others of the like, only I’m seriously curious about right now and haven’t heard are z1r and ie900

I received my monarch at the end of November and instantly was blown away

I have never heard an iem with this newer tuning trend and this seemed to be the one to try

Within about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks of owning, I had the IEM draped across the shoulders and back of my neck while walking and one iem Disconnected from the 2pin cable and fell on the concrete mid-stride.

The glass back of the shell had shattered and the plastic shell had also cracked, but all of the internals were still intact, and the Iem amazingly still played

I reached out to headphones.com who I purchased from and linsoul audio, And they gave me my options to repair or replace.

I decided to trace the back of the I am on a plastic card, make a cut out, and glue it to the iem- And amazingly after weeks of testing it sounds perfect, no imbalance at any frequency after much scrutiny and testing

I’ve spent the last 2 days excruciatingly testing, running sweeps, and comparing against my other iems and have no reason to believe they aren’t running and full capacity once again

no moral here, just wanted to share. be careful out there.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #3,590 of 4,819
I have 4 kids 😳

Jan 7, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #3,591 of 4,819
So, I know it's not a new phenomenon for people but after two full days listening to the Oracles, I think I the shells/nozzle/combination of both are too not the best fit for my ears. I absolutely love the sound that comes out of them, but my inner ear is pretty damn sore after having them in probably 8-10 or so hours in total.

I'm kind of new to the mid-fi/hi-fi IEMs; Oracle is by far the highest-end IEM I've owned, so I'm wondering where I should look next for something with tuning similar to the Oracle with smaller shells. Can anyone here help out with some recommendations? I'd say I'm looking to stay around $500 bucks, but could make an exception for something....well, exceptional.

Thanks in advance!

Jan 7, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #3,592 of 4,819

I wanted to share my experience with my monarch MKii, Not exactly sure why but I figured at least some of you might find it entertaining

First off, monarch mkii is my favorite iem I’ve owned, including the Layla u18 Tia fourte Jolene and others of the like, only I’m seriously curious about right now and haven’t heard are z1r and ie900

I have never heard an iem with this newer tuning trend and this seemed to be the one to try

Within about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks of owning, I had the IEM draped across the shoulders and back of my neck while walking and one iem Disconnected from the 2pin cable and fell on the concrete mid-stride.

Then I stepped on it.

I heard and felt the crunch at the same time that my brain was processing what had just happened.

The glass back of the shell had shattered and the plastic shell had also cracked, but all of the internals were still intact, and the Iem amazingly still played

I reached out to headphones.com who I purchased from and linsoul audio, And they gave me my options to repair or replace.

I decided to trace the back of the I am on a plastic card, make a cut out, and glue it to the iem- And amazingly after weeks of testing it sounds perfect, no imbalance at any frequency after much scrutiny and testing

All was well in the world, until a little over a week ago I reach for my IEM’s and there is the good non smashed side was missing from the cable

I searched everywhere I’ve been that day and couldn’t find the missing iem

I finally found them in the pocket of my gym shorts I had worn earlier that day that have just completed a cycle in the wash

I stuck them in a bag of rice and waited a day and plugged them in. They played only subbass.

Out of desperation, I sucked water out the tip of the iem and kept them in rice for the rest of the week- checking the sound every day and sucking more water out. The sound slowly was returning and finally restored except the bass in between 50-150hz

After I concluded it was make or break time to salvage these, I used a razor and removed the glass back from the wet iem, removing the rest of the water and allowing the iem to fully dry

After keeping them exposed in front of a fan overnight, I plugged them in and pressed play… and they sound incredible once again.

I’ve spent the last 2 days excruciatingly testing, running sweeps, and comparing against my other iems and have no reason to believe they aren’t running and full capacity once again

E7BB1EDC-0CC9-4940-B12B-FB5BE45BD7BD.jpegF1C82CAF-1F30-44BB-8717-3833B935FE38.jpegFC4A3AF8-0A44-46C3-A0B5-6D12A0B9101C.jpeg4C627801-6876-4794-A5F3-8B9D658C05DD.jpeg
Epic!

Keep an eye on them in the coming weeks, water damaged electronics usually work fine for few days after contact, before corrosion starts to set in.

Jan 8, 2022 at 7:00 AM Post #3,593 of 4,819

Then I stepped on it.

I heard and felt the crunch at the same time that my brain was processing what had just happened.

All was well in the world, until a little over a week ago I reach for my IEM’s and there is the good non smashed side was missing from the cable

I finally found them in the pocket of my gym shorts I had worn earlier that day that have just completed a cycle in the wash

I stuck them in a bag of rice and waited a day and plugged them in. They played only subbass.

Out of desperation, I sucked water out the tip of the iem and kept them in rice for the rest of the week- checking the sound every day and sucking more water out. The sound slowly was returning and finally restored except the bass in between 50-150hz

After I concluded it was make or break time to salvage these, I used a razor and removed the glass back from the wet iem, removing the rest of the water and allowing the iem to fully dry

After keeping them exposed in front of a fan overnight, I plugged them in and pressed play… and they sound incredible once again.

Very cool to see the insides of the MKII! Glad you could save them. My first ever beloved iem (Westone UM2) went into the washing machine and never recovered unfortunately. May it rest in peace.

Something similar happened to me yesterday. I was on the train and one of my L9 earpieces was missing. Thankfully it had just fallen off where my 5K was charging and the missus stored them for me.

I freaked out for a minute though. Not the first time it happens with said L9 either.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #3,594 of 4,819

Then I stepped on it.

E7BB1EDC-0CC9-4940-B12B-FB5BE45BD7BD.jpegF1C82CAF-1F30-44BB-8717-3833B935FE38.jpegFC4A3AF8-0A44-46C3-A0B5-6D12A0B9101C.jpeg4C627801-6876-4794-A5F3-8B9D658C05DD.jpeg
Holy crap!!! Sorry for your trouble. I'm sure your heart sank when you heard the crunch underfoot...

Your faceplate looks very different to other Monarch MKII's I've seen. It's looks more white compared to the darker lava look of others?

Jan 8, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #3,595 of 4,819
Yes when the glass is removed, the orange and silver is a thin metal foil and wasn’t salvageable

Jan 8, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #3,597 of 4,819
Somehow, I found that campfire audio silicone tips worked well with monarch mkii. 😅

Attachments

• 20220108_220029.jpg
    20220108_220029.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Jan 8, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #3,598 of 4,819
So I just got my Monarch MKII’s (phenomenal IEMs btw) and I’ve been playing around with EQs again. Not that the MKII needs any eq of any sort (except maybe for the bass IMO), but I got them to sound like the Annihilator 2021 sound signature and in my opinion, they sound even better! For those who are interested, here is the PEQ for it on my Qudelix 5K:

A3E0B106-2C4E-4B2E-88B8-D379ADD4917F.png

Jan 8, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #3,600 of 4,819
I still prefer Monarch OG than Mkii bass, for some reasons with Monarch OG only needs volume 23-25 on my BTR5, but Mkii needs volume 29-31 to be comparable.

More forward mids, but I like the slam better on Monarch OG, or maybe I have not burn it long enough. Been listening for the last 8 hours.

Also upon unpacking, very unimpressed. Lack of grand style for $1000 iem. Stock ear tips very underwhelming. At least Monarch OG included Spinfit tips. I used the Spinfit tips on Mkii, stock tips both trash…

Very disappointed. My cable also came one bent, but after checking it’s just cosmetics.

Annoyingly much detailed from Monarch OG, I can even hear lip smacking in some of the songs that I’ve never heard before.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back