ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Dec 31, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #3,571 of 4,774
Decided to buy myself a new IEM to end the year, I'd like your opinions:
I'm coming off a year of having the Clairvoyance, I really like it but I definitely need more sub-bass.
So basically I'm looking at the OG Monarch and I'm pretty sure I'm getting that one but is there a ~$600-700 IEM that's basically the OG Monarch but has a smaller shell?

I'm also looking at the Shuoer EJ07 and XENNS UP, is any of those a sub-bass candidate? :)

Happy new year everybody!

Dec 31, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #3,572 of 4,774
Last edited:
Jan 3, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #3,574 of 4,774
I'm also looking at the Shuoer EJ07 and XENNS UP, is any of those a sub-bass candidate? :)
I have heard that the xenns up are bass monsters

Jan 3, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #3,575 of 4,774
anyone have a comparison between the MKII and the FiiO FD7?

Jan 3, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #3,576 of 4,774
I'm coming off a year of having the Clairvoyance, I really like it but I definitely need more sub-bass.
So basically I'm looking at the OG Monarch and I'm pretty sure I'm getting that one but is there a ~$600-700 IEM that's basically the OG Monarch but has a smaller shell?

Happy new year everybody
Ikko OH-7?

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #3,577 of 4,774

Happy new year everybody!

An iem that's quite close to the MKII, if you are willing to use some EQ is the MiM Dark Magician. I believe there was a unit in the classifieds at a very good price.

Jan 3, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #3,579 of 4,774
Ikko OH-7?
Forgot about Ikko! I've heard good things about these (and in general about single-dynamic IEM's)
Unfortunately, $750 was as high I could've gone. Plus IMHO they look so incredibly tacky haha. Not a fan of gold finishes, that's for sure (not a fan of MMCX either)

In any case, I bought the OG Monarch from Linsoul, now I just have to wait since it's a pre-order item :)

Jan 6, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #3,582 of 4,774
I’ll be getting my MKII tomorrow, so I’ll be sure to post my impressions once I get it. I can’t wait to try it out with xBass. I use xBass with my xCAN using my L&P W2 on my Monarch OG and it’s fantastic. I can only imagine how it’s gonna sound with the MKII! Super excited 😆

Jan 6, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #3,583 of 4,774
For anyone with the Monarch MK II and have also had the Sony IER M9, how does the bass compare? I've had to tip roll quite a bit to get the IER M9 slam where I'd like it to be (I like me some good, slammy bass) and am curious if that's similar with the MKII? I've heard varying reports on how much of a bass slam there is with these

If you want bass slam you might want to consider the V16. Not only does it slam hard but bass is also textured and not overpowering or bloated in the slightest. V16 bass reminds me of the Z1R, without being as distracting and overpowering. This is iem bass at its finest.

Other strengths of the V16: layering, separation, supreme detail retrieval and very natural treble. Vocals aren't necessarily its strongest suit unless you use a warm-ish source. They are not bad by any means but not as creamy as MKII or U12t.

MKII bass is still more sub bass focused. Mid bass can be a touch hit or miss depending on tracks. Where MKII really shines is the very lush and textured mids combined with the smooth treble. Add to that the top notch psychoacoustics. It's a smooth all rounder.

Jan 7, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #3,585 of 4,774
So i just listened to my MKII with the ifi Hip Dac w/ Xbass on and man it is near perfect. Definitely gives it that bass kick with the incredible mids and great highs. Loving it!
Lol can't believe I haven't tried this yet. Time to put on some Boris Brejcha and my bassiest tips (Radius Deep Mounts that just came in)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back