ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Dec 29, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #3,556 of 4,771
^^I've been a huge fan of the (regular bore length) AZLA SednaEarfits (both the black and clear ones) on other IEMs, but for whatever reason, they just don't work for me on the MKII's. I know there is a new version of the SednaEarfits with a softer/less firm material (called Vivid Edition), but I can't source them here in the U.S., so might bite the bullet and get them from Amazon.jp
Have you tried the Crystals?

Dec 29, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #3,557 of 4,771
Can anyone post size measurements for the Thieaudio Monarch MKII? Length of faceplate from tip to back, width of faceplate, length of nozzle from body and total length /depthfrom nozzle to faceplate and nozzle width.
Thank you.
20211229_192647.jpg
20211229_192539.jpg
20211229_192513.jpg
20211229_192448.jpg
20211229_192412.jpg
20211229_192709.jpg

Dec 29, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #3,558 of 4,771
Have you tried the Crystals?
They fit, but I just don't like how they sound with the MKII. YMMV. Worth a try as the Crystals are the best at isolation out of the dozen+ eartips I've tried since coming back to the hobby ~20 months ago. FWIW, the Crystals work fine for me with my IE 900....but I just happen to prefer the AET07 from a purely sound perspective. Eartips are so subjective/hit-&-miss. About all one can do is verify whether they physically fit a certain IEM and go from there, IMO.

Dec 29, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #3,559 of 4,771
They fit, but I just don't like how they sound with the MKII. YMMV. Worth a try as the Crystals are the best at isolation out of the dozen+ eartips I've tried since coming back to the hobby ~20 months ago. FWIW, the Crystals work fine for me with my IE 900....but I just happen to prefer the AET07 from a purely sound perspective. Eartips are so subjective/hit-&-miss. About all one can do is verify whether they physically fit a certain IEM and go from there, IMO.

Short Sedna Lights are amazing with the MKII. They give it more energy that the Crystals. Both tips are great.

Dec 29, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #3,560 of 4,771
For anyone with the Monarch MK II and have also had the Sony IER M9, how does the bass compare? I've had to tip roll quite a bit to get the IER M9 slam where I'd like it to be (I like me some good, slammy bass) and am curious if that's similar with the MKII? I've heard varying reports on how much of a bass slam there is with these

Dec 29, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #3,561 of 4,771
For anyone with the Monarch MK II and have also had the Sony IER M9, how does the bass compare? I've had to tip roll quite a bit to get the IER M9 slam where I'd like it to be (I like me some good, slammy bass) and am curious if that's similar with the MKII? I've heard varying reports on how much of a bass slam there is with these
Bass is definitely not a strong point on the MKII

Dec 29, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #3,562 of 4,771
Dec 29, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #3,563 of 4,771
Thank you sir, looks like it's not for me.
Pls note other comments in this thread. Tip fit may be a big factor here. Although bass quantity may be less on the Mk2 than the OG, bass quality and texture are (to many of us) better and Mk2 is not that lacking in bass quantity - it’s a matter of preference once the fit issues are addressed.

Dec 29, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #3,564 of 4,771
Pls note other comments in this thread. Tip fit may be a big factor here. Although bass quantity may be less on the Mk2 than the OG, bass quality and texture are (to many of us) better and Mk2 is not that lacking in bass quantity - it’s a matter of preference once the fit issues are addressed.
The Bass on the MKII is good, but it definitely is missing the, lack of better term, oomph like say the Variations give. It's not bad by all means but if you are looking for lots of Bass slam then this set is slightly lacking.

Dec 29, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #3,565 of 4,771
For me, a source with a little warmer output or something like an ifi Xbass setting makes this perfect. Especially needed when on the go when other ambient sounds can reduce the Bass emphasis even more. The bass texture and quality are very nice, but IMO need just a bit more emphasis(slam).

Dec 29, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #3,566 of 4,771
Eartip selection plays a huge role in what type of bass response (among other things) you'll get. IME, it swings wildly based on different tips I've tried (and also *size* as I note upthread). For me, so far, size M Acoustune AET07 are giving me the most pronounced (yet very well textured/high quality) bass. As someone who previously always stuck with size L tips, I'll be trying more size M (for slightly better fit/deeper insertion).

As with any set, I'd say that willingness to spend time & a little $ on tips will tend to reward you.

Dec 29, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #3,567 of 4,771
Eartip selection plays a huge role in what type of bass response (among other things) you'll get. IME, it swings wildly based on different tips I've tried (and also *size* as I note upthread). For me, so far, size M Acoustune AET07 are giving me the most pronounced (yet very well textured/high quality) bass. As someone who previously always stuck with size L tips, I'll be trying more size M (for slightly better fit/deeper insertion).

As with any set, I'd say that willingness to spend time & a little $ on tips will tend to reward you.
Where is a good place to get Acoustune tips?

Dec 29, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #3,568 of 4,771
I’m not very rich at all but want only one iem , I currently have the clairs which i bought used here for $600, the clairs fit me like a glove and are so tightly fitted that when i pull them out its like a suction cup very deep insert . My question is i seen mest OG go for around $750-850 on here , Do you think i Should sell my clairs and upgrade for a few hundred dollars to the mest OG and be very satisfied with a TOTL IEM for a long time and not think of upgrading ? I'm happy with the clairs but for a few hundred more the OG seem tempting .Just a year ago before the mkII these were hot cakes and TOTL and bragged about by reviewers and on top of peoples list and the price has now dropped dramatically. I bought the clairs thinking ill be satisfied but my curiosity is still running what the mest , u12T , VX , v14, sound like i think with the huge reductions of price of the Mest OG thats my chance.

What do you think ? Love to hear your opinion
I Have a VX (and Used Monarch MK1). I still not bought MkII but In my opinion, you should get MKii if you love Clairs. Mest Mkii makes fun if you love bass texture and Vocal but maybe not covered overall genre like MKii

Dec 29, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #3,570 of 4,771
About the bass of the Monarch mkii, I was a bit anxious because of the comments and comparison with the Monarch OG.
But when I received it, I was pleasantly surprised and it is satisfying although maybe a bit lacking depending on what kind of music you listen to.

Yet, I feel with tip rolling and activating DC Phase Linearizer on the Sony ZX507, there isn't necessarily the need for EQing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back