ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jan 8, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #3,617 of 4,805
How well does the Dethonray H1 pair with the MKII? I’m currently using the ibasso DC04 going into the iFi xCAN using xBass and I like the sound a lot but think I can get more out of them if I change to a better source.
H1 absolutely kills it for sound quality. I listen to DX220MAX through C9, which is a pretty high-level combo, and you can go right to the H1 after that, it is not quite the detail and 3 dimensionality, but it is definitely not embarrassing itself, not at all. Dethonray really focuses on SQ to the exclusion of everything else, which is unfortunate, because they have had some really awkward and off-putting product roll-outs with a lot of stuff that needed firm ware updates for basic function. But the Honey has been out long enough that it is all worked out. As far as a pairing specifically with MK2, my personal experience was my head exploded. It's really good.

Jan 8, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #3,618 of 4,805
Well then, I know what I’m gonna sell my iFi Black Label and L&P W2 for! 😂sucks that it’s so expensive. 😳

Jan 8, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #3,619 of 4,805
Or maybe the V16 😉.
ehmm I just spoke with Alan from Headphones.com, according to him I can't applied EQ on Monarch Mkii, it starts to crackle when I add 4-5db of bass boost. According to him the IEM is not defective. So not sure, Monarch OG did not do that, I might rebuy Monarch OG again. At this point, maybe nothing is better than Monarch OG in the price range.

Jan 8, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #3,620 of 4,805
Jan 8, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #3,621 of 4,805
ehmm I just spoke with Alan from Headphones.com, according to him I can't applied EQ on Monarch Mkii, it starts to crackle when I add 4-5db of bass boost. According to him the IEM is not defective. So not sure, Monarch OG did not do that, I might rebuy Monarch OG again. At this point, maybe nothing is better than Monarch OG in the price range.
Uhhh that doesn’t sound right to me. XBass when turned on effectively adds about 5-6 dB to the bass. It shouldn’t crackle. I would challenge that statement.

Jan 8, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #3,622 of 4,805
Just got some MK2's. I got them as an alternate to my Z1-IERs. I have tried them out with my work rig, which is a Dethonray Honey H1, and the home rig, which is a Dethonray DTR (among other things including DX220MAX) into a Cayin C9. The only real comparison I have is the Z1's, other things (Andromeda, LCD i4, Vegas all considerably more expensive) are not even in the running. My experience A-B -ing with the Z1s is: listen to the Z1s... this is amazing, natural, great extension, awesome sub bass. It's hard to imagine anything better. Then switch to MK2s... they are better across the board, every area. Same idea, only a step up to another level. One reviewer had mentioned they have amazing decay, maybe that is part of it. They have something really unique going on. Giant-killers, indeed.
ehmm is it because different DAC used? How's BTS Permission to Dance? It sounded so bad on my Mkii.

Jan 8, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #3,623 of 4,805
Uhhh that doesn’t sound right to me. XBass when turned on effectively adds about 5-6 dB to the bass. It shouldn’t crackle. I would challenge that statement.
Yeah, they said to return it for full refund instead, they won't be able to exchange it because it's nothing wrong with the IEMs. Never had any problems with my other IEMs from KZ to TFZ to Moondrop to Kbear, except for this one. Even for Monarch OG.

Jan 8, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #3,624 of 4,805
Yeah, they said to return it for full refund instead, they won't be able to exchange it because it's nothing wrong with the IEMs. Never had any problems with my other IEMs from KZ to TFZ to Moondrop to Kbear, except for this one. Even for Monarch OG.
I would just return it and then reorder it. Lol.

Jan 8, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #3,625 of 4,805
I would just return it and then reorder it. Lol.
nah, they would probably will send me the same one... 100% sure that they send me the used one. I emailed them and they said it won't be available 1-2 weeks from now, suddenly I got send this one, while the open box one is not available any more on their website. also the popped bubble mailer in the box and twisted cable.

Also not stupid, I have 20 IEMs altogether, every single one of them EQed with my BTR5, none of them crackled.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #3,627 of 4,805
Jan 8, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #3,628 of 4,805
The dethonray dtr1 really works well with the monarch mkii. Thanks @thomasu!

Jan 8, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #3,629 of 4,805
BTR5 FiiO, OG Monarch sounds so good on BTR5
I can't really say. The kind of sound like this song with good bass, melodic male vocals, sounds really good for me on MK2. I have seen several other reviewers say specifically 'male vocals rock on these' so it's not just me. I have never heard this DAC, but I doubt that's what it is. Are you using silicone tips? They sound twice as good as the foam. Also, they have to (at least for my ears) be at the right depth, not too shallow or deep in to sound perfect. Other than that, it wouldn't really shock me if it was a quality control issue. Maybe they are rolling some out that have problems?

Jan 8, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #3,630 of 4,805
I can't really say. The kind of sound like this song with good bass, melodic male vocals, sounds really good for me on MK2. I have seen several other reviewers say specifically 'male vocals rock on these' so it's not just me. I have never heard this DAC, but I doubt that's what it is. Are you using silicone tips? They sound twice as good as the foam. Also, they have to (at least for my ears) be at the right depth, not too shallow or deep in to sound perfect. Other than that, it wouldn't really shock me if it was a quality control issue. Maybe they are rolling some out that have problems?
using spinfit the same one that they send with Monarch OG. I am 100% sure that this is defective product, it's nowhere close to my Monarch OG in terms of sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back