ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jan 9, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #3,646 of 4,771
Another fun EQ :) thanks for sharing

This is why I just can’t live without Q5K, best purchase of 2020
Yep! I liked it as well! I also made an EQ to make the MKII sound like the Blessing2 Dusk, but I like the Annihilator better. :wink:

Jan 9, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #3,647 of 4,771
Another fun EQ :) thanks for sharing

This is why I just can’t live without Q5K, best purchase of 2020
getting Q5K, to make sure that my Mkii is not defective

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #3,648 of 4,771
WARNING: GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING CONTENT (mature audiences only)

I wanted to share my experience with my monarch MKii, Not exactly sure why but I figured at least some of you might find it entertaining

First off, monarch mkii is my favorite iem I’ve owned, including the Layla u18 Tia fourte Jolene and others of the like, only I’m seriously curious about right now and haven’t heard are z1r and ie900

I received my monarch at the end of November and instantly was blown away

I have never heard an iem with this newer tuning trend and this seemed to be the one to try

Within about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks of owning, I had the IEM draped across the shoulders and back of my neck while walking and one iem Disconnected from the 2pin cable and fell on the concrete mid-stride.

Then I stepped on it.

I heard and felt the crunch at the same time that my brain was processing what had just happened.

The glass back of the shell had shattered and the plastic shell had also cracked, but all of the internals were still intact, and the Iem amazingly still played

I reached out to headphones.com who I purchased from and linsoul audio, And they gave me my options to repair or replace.

I decided to trace the back of the I am on a plastic card, make a cut out, and glue it to the iem- And amazingly after weeks of testing it sounds perfect, no imbalance at any frequency after much scrutiny and testing

All was well in the world, until a little over a week ago I reach for my IEM’s and there is the good non smashed side was missing from the cable

I searched everywhere I’ve been that day and couldn’t find the missing iem

I finally found them in the pocket of my gym shorts I had worn earlier that day that have just completed a cycle in the wash

I stuck them in a bag of rice and waited a day and plugged them in. They played only subbass.

Out of desperation, I sucked water out the tip of the iem and kept them in rice for the rest of the week- checking the sound every day and sucking more water out. The sound slowly was returning and finally restored except the bass in between 50-150hz

After I concluded it was make or break time to salvage these, I used a razor and removed the glass back from the wet iem, removing the rest of the water and allowing the iem to fully dry

After keeping them exposed in front of a fan overnight, I plugged them in and pressed play… and they sound incredible once again.

I’ve spent the last 2 days excruciatingly testing, running sweeps, and comparing against my other iems and have no reason to believe they aren’t running and full capacity once again

no moral here, just wanted to share. be careful out there.
E7BB1EDC-0CC9-4940-B12B-FB5BE45BD7BD.jpegF1C82CAF-1F30-44BB-8717-3833B935FE38.jpegFC4A3AF8-0A44-46C3-A0B5-6D12A0B9101C.jpeg4C627801-6876-4794-A5F3-8B9D658C05DD.jpeg
I cannot imagine how difficult this must all have been- what a testament though to the quality of the build. I just the other day dared to take mine from my listening room to listen before falling asleep in bed. They aren’t going any further but accidents can happen anywhere. Thanks for sharing, both the warning and the happy ending.

Jan 9, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #3,649 of 4,771
So, I know it's not a new phenomenon for people but after two full days listening to the Oracles, I think I the shells/nozzle/combination of both are too not the best fit for my ears. I absolutely love the sound that comes out of them, but my inner ear is pretty damn sore after having them in probably 8-10 or so hours in total.

I'm kind of new to the mid-fi/hi-fi IEMs; Oracle is by far the highest-end IEM I've owned, so I'm wondering where I should look next for something with tuning similar to the Oracle with smaller shells. Can anyone here help out with some recommendations? I'd say I'm looking to stay around $500 bucks, but could make an exception for something....well, exceptional.

Thanks in advance!
What all tips have you tried? With MkII’ I am using Spinfit CP 145s - I find a silicone that just covers the whole outer edge of the ear canal enough to seal it allows tbe bass punch to be delivered intact. If you must use foams, the NewBee are softer than Comply 500 but as well isolating.

Jan 10, 2022 at 12:01 AM Post #3,650 of 4,771
Running my MkII by streaming Roon to a Sonore MicroRendu then to iFi micro DSD via the S-balanced out to the MkII. Roon DSP EQ +2db bass shelf < 80hz, -1.5 db at 2k and 5k with narrow Q’s to deal with areas @Resolve mentions in his review- plus the XBass on the iDSD. Never heard the OG- show me better bass than this! At the same time, creamy smooth mids, great detail and imaging across the whole FR. Perfect 😍

Jan 10, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #3,651 of 4,771
getting Q5K, to make sure that my Mkii is not defective
Totally recommend Q5K for EQing than BTR5 for any day.

I gave my BTR5 to my gf and I can’t remember the last time I saw her using one :frowning2:

Have you tried setting pregain to minus the maximum EQ value you would use? (Eg, -5db on pregain when you plan to use +5db on somewhere)

Also, to remove any possible other outlier, are you using the stock cable for your MK2?

And does using low gain vs high gain have any performance/sound benefit, enough to spend $$$ for Q5K?

Yep! I liked it as well! I also made an EQ to make the MKII sound like the Blessing2 Dusk, but I like the Annihilator better.
I been enjoying the bass EQ and that 11k+ Is not bad as well, overall plus 3-5db on the mid bass and 1-3db on the subbass really makes it more fun at times. Tho I do enjoy the stock tuning a lot for mid centric days.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #3,652 of 4,771
I been enjoying the bass EQ and that 11k+ Is not bad as well, overall plus 3-5db on the mid bass and 1-3db on the subbass really makes it more fun at times. Tho I do enjoy the stock tuning a lot for mid centric days.
Yea that’s very true. I have an xCAN with xBass so I took that EQ and virtually removed all the bass eq (with some small tweaks here and there) and turned on xBass. Now THATS a good eq! :D

Jan 10, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #3,653 of 4,771
Totally recommend Q5K for EQing than BTR5 for any day.

I gave my BTR5 to my gf and I can’t remember the last time I saw her using one :frowning2:

Have you tried setting pregain to minus the maximum EQ value you would use? (Eg, -5db on pregain when you plan to use +5db on somewhere)

Also, to remove any possible other outlier, are you using the stock cable for your MK2?

And does using low gain vs high gain have any performance/sound benefit, enough to spend $$$ for Q5K?

Yes, pregain to minus -5dB.
Using stock cable from Mkii
low gain vs high gain, definitely a lot more definitions on high gain, buying Q5k just to check if it's defective or not from BTR5. I am unable to spend $700 for dethonray... lol
thanks for all of the explanation.

I guess BTR5 will go to the dump after this. I know the EQ apps for it is suck.

Jan 10, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #3,654 of 4,771
Received from Amazon.jp today a 2-pair set of Spiral Dot++ and an all-sizes package of the new AZLA SednaEarfit Vivid ear tips. In the scheme of things, wasting $ on eartips is a small cost of doing business, but still annoying. YMMV hahaha. This small order cost ~$57USD including shipping; took 11 days from date of order to be delivered. Paying for tips I KNOW that work for me is no issue; it's rolling the dice and losing that bugs, hahahahaha.

In any event, the more expensive Spiral Dot++, at least on the Monarch MKII, give a really nice treble presentation, however, in comparison to the Acoustune AET07, also induced bass bloom that I do not find enjoyable. It makes for a flabby-sounding <100Hz bass presentation.

The new SednaEarfit Vivid tips are of a much softer material than the original SednaEarfits (which were my favorite tips when I re-entered this hobby in 2020). It takes some work getting the new SednaEarfits to fit onto the thicc MKII nozzles. However, thus far, for me, it results in a a very comfortable fit, and no glaring issues sound quality speaking.

Jan 11, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #3,655 of 4,771
Hey guys, I know I just shared an EQ for the Monarch MKII previously, but I happened to “stumble” across this EQ for people that have xBass and wow…. It’s simply perfect for me. I feel like the bass reverberates wonderfully and has wonderful sub bass, punch and impact. Don’t be fooled by the dip in bass in the EQ. xBass will take care of the rest. It’s truly a wonderful EQ and my favorite so far! I mean hell, it even sounds great without xBass turned on! 😂

2268776B-185A-4CFE-9408-A11E4669251B.png

Jan 11, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #3,656 of 4,771
Hey guys, I know I just shared an EQ for the Monarch MKII previously, but I happened to “stumble” across this EQ for people that have xBass and wow…. It’s simply perfect for me. I feel like the bass reverberates wonderfully and has wonderful sub bass, punch and impact. Don’t be fooled by the dip in bass in the EQ. xBass will take care of the rest. It’s truly a wonderful EQ and my favorite so far! I mean hell, it even sounds great without xBass turned on! 😂

2268776B-185A-4CFE-9408-A11E4669251B.png
gotta go out and buy the 5k now!

Jan 11, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #3,657 of 4,771
What all tips have you tried? With MkII’ I am using Spinfit CP 145s - I find a silicone that just covers the whole outer edge of the ear canal enough to seal it allows tbe bass punch to be delivered intact. If you must use foams, the NewBee are softer than Comply 500 but as well isolating.
As of right now, I have a set of Spinfit CP100s (Medium) that came with my Oracles (bought here on HF) and a set of Spinfit CP240 Double Flange that I had laying around. The CP100s are clearly too big for my canal as they were causing the pain I wrote about. The CP240s are a bit better, but I still think my ear skin is sensitive to the type of silicone they use, because I'm still experiencing some pain with them after an hour or two.

I owned the Moondrop KATO and LOVED their spring tips, so I'm waiting for Moondrop to send me a set of their Spring Tips in size small and I ordered some AZLA XELASTEC in Size SS, which roughly match the size of the Spring Tips. If none of those work, I think I'm going to have to move on from the Oracle as much as I LOVE the sound.

Jan 11, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #3,658 of 4,771
As of right now, I have a set of Spinfit CP100s (Medium) that came with my Oracles (bought here on HF) and a set of Spinfit CP240 Double Flange that I had laying around. The CP100s are clearly too big for my canal as they were causing the pain I wrote about. The CP240s are a bit better, but I still think my ear skin is sensitive to the type of silicone they use, because I'm still experiencing some pain with them after an hour or two.

I owned the Moondrop KATO and LOVED their spring tips, so I'm waiting for Moondrop to send me a set of their Spring Tips in size small and I ordered some AZLA XELASTEC in Size SS, which roughly match the size of the Spring Tips. If none of those work, I think I'm going to have to move on from the Oracle as much as I LOVE the sound.
I have tried the azla Sedna lights, CP145, spring, moon drop foams, final e, comply, azla Sedna regulars, dekoni and a few others.

So far the tip that fit and sounds the best to me are the symbio w non foam. They have great iso with increases bass and not as bright as the other large bore tips. YMMV

Jan 11, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #3,659 of 4,771
I tried to EQ Monarch OG on my DX160, however, the DX160 parametric equalizer has only 6 filters, any suggestion how to use 6 filters? BTW, I also noticed that in graphic equalizer, the existing adjustment frequency cannot be alighed with any of the sample EQ settings, I am newbie for EQ.

Jan 11, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #3,660 of 4,771
So far the tip that fit and sounds the best to me are the symbio w non foam. They have great iso with increases bass and not as bright as the other large bore tips. YMMV
Unfortunately, I've had the best results comfort-wise with a tip that's around 9-9.5mm and the Symbios are 11mm for the Smallest size they offer. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back