ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 2, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #3,226 of 4,753
the only tips that work for me right now are the Spinfit CP145. it doesn't give more treble but maybe reduces it. the stock Spinfit is ok but it still produces a little 'wispy' treble response which I find kinda hard to digest. it's not too obvious for certain people (like my wife), but I got a pair of trained ears. it reminds me of KZ. the CP145 magically made the wisp sound disappear, but with a price. the sound stage is slightly narrower and the separation is worse in comparison to wide bore tips. normally, I'd use Azla Sedna Earfit Light to get the most out of any IEM. I don't think wide bore helps to produce more treble or "enhance" the treble, instead, it helps to bring out the actual response of an IEM. plus our ears perceive treble louder. so yeah. bummer that I can't use Azla Sedna on Oracle.

any other than Spinfit tips to pair with Oracle?

Nov 2, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #3,227 of 4,753
the only tips that work for me right now are the Spinfit CP145. it doesn't give more treble but maybe reduces it. the stock Spinfit is ok but it still produces a little 'wispy' treble response which I find kinda hard to digest. it's not too obvious for certain people (like my wife), but I got a pair of trained ears. it reminds me of KZ. the CP145 magically made the wisp sound disappear, but with a price. the sound stage is slightly narrower and the separation is worse in comparison to wide bore tips. normally, I'd use Azla Sedna Earfit Light to get the most out of any IEM. I don't think wide bore helps to produce more treble or "enhance" the treble, instead, it helps to bring out the actual response of an IEM. plus our ears perceive treble louder. so yeah. bummer that I can't use Azla Sedna on Oracle.

I am right now using the CP 100+. To my untrained ears the exta unwanted zing in the treble that I heard with stock is gone, with a commensrately slightly boosted bass and some added warmth.

Nov 2, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #3,228 of 4,753
I am right now using the CP 100+. To my untrained ears the exta unwanted zing in the treble that I heard with stock is gone, with a commensrately slightly boosted bass and some added warmth.
that's great. so it's working for you. the "trained ears" part is a pun lol. CP100+ does remove the zing but the sheen is still there. just a little hint of 'wisp'. for example Adele's Rolling In The Deep intro. maybe it's the nature of EST that's a bit compressed in dynamic.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #3,230 of 4,753
Anyone got Monarch mkII yet? Considering jumpimg thieAudio family as i was planning since monarch OG lol
I am considering it. Seems like they did some good modifications to the original which I own.

Nov 5, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #3,231 of 4,753
I ordered a set. I think the first shipments are just now starting to arrive. Mine should be here sometime early next week.

Nov 5, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #3,232 of 4,753
There are two people who got it, left a short impression on linsoul discord, which seems to be promising improvement from the original. But more impressions and reviews will tell the full story. :)

Nov 6, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #3,237 of 4,753

I tried about 20 different ones spending 200 euro on tips, which makes me probably a moderate tip roller on this forum. For the Oracle CP240 are the top for me, but can be a bit tiresome form in ear fit perspective. They deliver a very energetic full spectrum sound. Perhaps not the widest sound stage due to the smaller bore, but the double flange seals consistently and keeps the nozzle at the right distance. As we learned from other posts here it seems to be important that the nozzle does not enter the ear with the Oracle, what you will get with smaller tips. Currently I am using the A07 from BGVP, recomended by anohter contributor on this forum, as they are very comfortable to me with dry silicone that is not too soft or hard. It keeps distance correctly and seals very good (but not as good as the CP240). It has a bit wider bore and delivers a very relaxed complete sound. I also had good experience with some DYI using a large old tip, cut out the stem and place it as a first layer to create sort of a double flange. You can then add more smaller tips on top of it to optimise the sound. Browse through the 126 pages and you find a lot of other recommendations.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #3,240 of 4,753
I tried about 20 different ones spending 200 euro on tips, which makes me probably a moderate tip roller on this forum. For the Oracle CP240 are the top for me, but can be a bit tiresome form in ear fit perspective. They deliver a very energetic full spectrum sound. Perhaps not the widest sound stage due to the smaller bore, but the double flange seals consistently and keeps the nozzle at the right distance. As we learned from other posts here it seems to be important that the nozzle does not enter the ear with the Oracle, what you will get with smaller tips. Currently I am using the A07 from BGVP, recomended by anohter contributor on this forum, as they are very comfortable to me with dry silicone that is not too soft or hard. It keeps distance correctly and seals very good (but not as good as the CP240). It has a bit wider bore and delivers a very relaxed complete sound. I also had good experience with some DYI using a large old tip, cut out the stem and place it as a first layer to create sort of a double flange. You can then add more smaller tips on top of it to optimise the sound. Browse through the 126 pages and you find a lot of other recommendations.
this is interesting. I've never tried any double flange before and your impression makes me want to buy them now. anything other than CP145 sounds weird especially on the hi-hats & vocals to my ears. sometimes it makes me wonder "is this one of the best tunings that people talked about?" haha. aight I will try to look at the previous 126 pages just for some tips recommendations.

and I hate that my pair don't give the proper stereo image or 'centered' sound stage projection. it seems like most vocals, snares, kick drums, basses, are a bit leaning to the left. there's some 'hollowness' on the right side of the stereo field in between the middle and far-right panning point. reverb, 'airiness', decays are a tiny bit lacking to compare to the right side. sometimes I feel like one of the Sonion EST is not working properly in the right earpiece. it's still working and listenable but somewhat 'lacking' and it's kinda disturbing sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back