ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Oct 30, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #3,214 of 4,753
Hey guys.

So I just received my monarch v1 and unfortunately there is a loud crackle when I let the volume up a fair bit on my modius and a90. This only happens on the blue, lefthand channel.

It can happen with some guitar and especially bass on some daft punk tracks.

I'm thinking this is defective? The crackle noise is pretty horrible for some genres and I'm obviously pretty dissapointed.

Has anyone has experience with it going wrong with linsoul before? I am hoping they will just send a working pair asap as the shipping is like two weeks and I just waited for this for that long.

Cheers

Oct 30, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #3,215 of 4,753
Hey guys.

So I just received my monarch v1 and unfortunately there is a loud crackle when I let the volume up a fair bit on my modius and a90. This only happens on the blue, lefthand channel.

It can happen with some guitar and especially bass on some daft punk tracks.

I'm thinking this is defective? The crackle noise is pretty horrible for some genres and I'm obviously pretty dissapointed.

Has anyone has experience with it going wrong with linsoul before? I am hoping they will just send a working pair asap as the shipping is like two weeks and I just waited for this for that long.

Cheers
Test them out with another cable and first. If you have the same problem just contact them with your issue. They were great in facilitating an exchange with an issue I had last year.

Oct 30, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #3,216 of 4,753
Test them out with another cable and first. If you have the same problem just contact them with your issue. They were great in facilitating an exchange with an issue I had last year.
Unfortunately I don't have another cable. The only thing I can see, is one of the cables is clearly red at the end, and the blue one has a gap and I can kinda see the two pins?

I'll get in contact and hopefully it's not too much hassle (or wait) for a working pair. Thanks

Nov 1, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #3,218 of 4,753
I just got my Oracle recently and I'm in love with it, not immediately, but after hours of tips rolling and figuring out what's wrong with its treble timbre. I end up with Spinfit CP145 instead of my fav Azla Sedna Earfit Light and they are surprisingly almost-magical especially on the vocal. it's pretty well-balanced, clean, transparent, neutral & natural to my ears. not natural-natural, but agreeable-natural with that 'wispy' EST timbre

despite all the love and praise it gets from me in this short period of time, I find Oracle is somewhat 'lacking' when compared to Dusk. I find it a tiny bit 'blunt' in terms of transients. the notes are 'rounded' on the edges and not as sharp or crisp, although it has pretty good detail retrieval, imaging, & separation capability. it's not bad but definitely not precise. I read people call it "boring" and I might agree with that. it's kind of "weak" in the overall presentation especially on low to medium volume of loudness but I think that's the tuning approach which I have no problem whatsoever. the dynamic range is also lacking and feels rather compressed especially on the treble. this is all by comparison only to the Dusk but honestly, I can tell what's lacking even without the help of Dusk. nevertheless, Oracle is really good in the tonal balance, imaging projection, separation, layering, & sound stage 'openness'. albeit the anemic punch and slam, it does rumble deeply with authority. I kinda dig that.

orac.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #3,219 of 4,753
I just got my Oracle recently and I'm in love with it, not immediately, but after hours of tips rolling and figuring out what's wrong with its treble timbre. I end up with Spinfit CP145 instead of my fav Azla Sedna Earfit Light and they are surprisingly almost-magical especially on the vocal. it's pretty well-balanced, clean, transparent, neutral & natural to my ears. not natural-natural, but agreeable-natural with that 'wispy' EST timbre
Sounds like we're hearing the Oracles the same way. I agree 100% with what you've written above. I also tip rolled pretty extensively with them and I too found the CP145 to be the best. Vocals are sublime, as if the singer is literally in the room with me. Especially female vocals, which just sort of appear out of thin air directly into my brain.

Do yourself a favor and listen to Illenium - Awake. The female vocals are to die for.

Nov 1, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #3,220 of 4,753
Sounds like we're hearing the Oracles the same way. I agree 100% with what you've written above. I also tip rolled pretty extensively with them and I too found the CP145 to be the best. Vocals are sublime, as if the singer is literally in the room with me. Especially female vocals, which just sort of appear out of thin air directly into my brain.

Do yourself a favor and listen to Illenium - Awake. The female vocals are to die for.

I was kinda confused with the treble's timbre & energy at first, and I'm glad I unearth all the stashed-away tips especially some unused pairs of Spinfits. I admit I dislike them back then because of Azla Sedna's superiority but they've found their purpose now.

yeah vocals are amazing. let me tell you that I had countless goosebumps only for today. so I listened to a lot of vocals which I don't normally do. I really wanna share this IEM with my friends and family members or anyone. someone to talk to about Oracle. these are amazing earphones and people should listen to these. everything is beautiful, but different. anyway, how long have you owned the Oracle? any issues so far?

"Illenium - Awake"

sure I'll check it thanks

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #3,221 of 4,753
No issues with my Oracles yet. I have other IEMs that I prefer for different genres, but the Oracle is the vocal king for me. Only had them for about 3 months so far, but they're a solid part of my rotation.

Nov 1, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #3,222 of 4,753

Does the CP145 give more bite to the treble? That takes away the "boring" aspect that some people might say? (I definitely feel like I fall in this camp if its described the way I think it is)

Nov 1, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #3,223 of 4,753
In my opinion, yes. But I guess when you say "more", it has to be compared to something else. I'd say more treble compared to foam tips, or something like the Final Audio Type E, or any other small-bore, firm silicone tip. The CP145 is a good balanced tip, medium bore with soft silicone, with a fairly deep fit. Sort of the best of both worlds. Clear highs, textured bass, but without the bloat. It suits the Oracles for my tastes and really highlights vocals. Definitely worth a try.

Nov 2, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #3,224 of 4,753
In my opinion, yes. But I guess when you say "more", it has to be compared to something else. I'd say more treble compared to foam tips, or something like the Final Audio Type E, or any other small-bore, firm silicone tip. The CP145 is a good balanced tip, medium bore with soft silicone, with a fairly deep fit. Sort of the best of both worlds. Clear highs, textured bass, but without the bloat. It suits the Oracles for my tastes and really highlights vocals. Definitely worth a try.
Try the CP100+ tips as well. Takes the excess zing out of the treble, and boosts the bass a bit more. Really a nice tweak to the Oracle - in my opinion!

Nov 2, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #3,225 of 4,753
I haven't tried the cp100+ version, but I've tried the cp100 and they are a bit more airy with less bass than the CP145. I actually love the cp100 with the Oracles, but the CP145 gives me just a tad more meat on the bone. I'll have to check out the cp100+ for comparison. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back