ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Oct 21, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #3,181 of 4,771
Does anyone have any experience/advice regarding where to look for the BA drivers inside the Monarch's shell while shining a light through it?

My Monarch ("Monarch"?) apparently has a faceplate more similar to the Clair and now I'm just curious if it's actually been a Clair this whole time. I read that you can tell by checking the number of BA drivers, but I can't really tell what I'm looking at when I peer inside.

I'm assuming the large driver near the port at the bottom is the dynamic. Then there is a very long, rectangular driver, surrounded by a lot of smaller rectangular drivers. My assumption is the long rectangle is the set of stat drivers and the little rectangles are the BAs?

I'll try to see if I can get a picture up. My phone camera/the light isn't cooperating very well at the moment.

EDIT: Alternatively, can anyone recommend some tracks where the difference between the Clair and the Monarch would be VERY apparent?

Look at this: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/thi...monarch-excalibur-oracle.936212/post-16376572

You should clearly differentiate them because of their shape. Because of their different drivers they have different shape. Sometime that is more reliable than the plate.

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #3,182 of 4,771
Look at this: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/thi...monarch-excalibur-oracle.936212/post-16376572

You should clearly differentiate them because of their shape. Because of their different drivers they have different shape. Sometime that is more reliable than the plate.
Some time ago there were several postings by people that were concerned that they received the wrong IEM…. Were there ever any confirmed cases of this, or was this mostly a situation where the fear became somewhat contagious?

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #3,183 of 4,771
Having listened now to my Monarchs for a while, they're really great. The subbass is something incredible, as is the detail... my only complaint is comfort. I like to listen to my IEMs in bed, as a side sleeper, and they are big enough that the pillow pushes them in and they get a tad uncomfortable after 10 minutes or so.

But wow, they sound excellent. Haven't listened to my Andromedas in weeks.

Oct 21, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #3,184 of 4,771
Having listened now to my Monarchs for a while, they're really great. The subbass is something incredible, as is the detail... my only complaint is comfort. I like to listen to my IEMs in bed, as a side sleeper, and they are big enough that the pillow pushes them in and they get a tad uncomfortable after 10 minutes or so.

But wow, they sound excellent. Haven't listened to my Andromedas in weeks.
I have the clairvoyance and Solaris, and I find them to be fairly equal but they sound different from each other- both excellent. But the og Solaris is masssive and more uncomfortable than the Clairs which are large themselves lol. But the Clair’s are comfy for me- though if I was sleeping on them I would have same issue you are having.

Oct 21, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #3,185 of 4,771
Some time ago there were several postings by people that were concerned that they received the wrong IEM…. Were there ever any confirmed cases of this, or was this mostly a situation where the fear became somewhat contagious?
I remember when they were first released, at least one guy said that Thieaudio confirmed there was a mistake on their IEM and they changed it free of charge. I don't remember if it was on reddit, head-fi, or other forums...

Oct 21, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #3,186 of 4,771
I remember when they were first released, at least one guy said that Thieaudio confirmed there was a mistake on their IEM and they changed it free of charge. I don't remember if it was on reddit, head-fi, or other forums...
OK, thanks for confirming!

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #3,187 of 4,771

Oh thanks so much for this! I just compared and mine is most definitely a Monarch, same angled and slightly more protruding nozzle.

I was also able to get in touch with Thieaudio customer service over Discord and they confirmed based on serial number. They were very responsive and helpful, it was a great experience.

I was pretty confident that it was a Monarch because of the subbass, but when I learned about the faceplate differences I doubted a little...if this had been a Clair with this subbass then the Monarch would have to be literally skull-rattling in comparison lol.

Speaking of subbass, that is wild that they're reducing it on the mk2. It's arguably my favorite thing about it and one of its most unique selling points... (._. )

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #3,188 of 4,771
On mk2 If they could just change the dd for a better faster one, bump the 125-250hz by 2-3db and adjust the size of the shell it would be perfect upgrade.

Oct 26, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #3,190 of 4,771
Could any of you fine folks help me out with the comfort of my Monarchs? I recently purchased mine and love the sound but I find the fit of one of the two earpieces to be painful. The issue I have is with the protrusion towards the top that is (I think) supposed to rest in the fossa. On the right earpiece this protrusion pokes at my ear and causes a low level of pain whenever the ear tip moves even the slightest. The only way I've found around this so far has been to use the Spinfit triple flange tips, which do a good job of locking the unit in place. The only problem is that I also really dislike the Spinfit triple flange, so I was hoping for another option.

Every other tip I've tried (other spinfits, various Azla, JVC spiral dots, Dekoni, Comply, Final type E, to name a few) allows the right earpiece to move just a little and causes the unpleasant poking. Left earpiece feels great, so I don't think it's anything about the style but rather some small difference between my left and right ears. Has anyone experienced anything similar and found a solution? I'm hoping there's a certain way of inserting them that might help...

Oct 27, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #3,191 of 4,771
👀

THIEAUDIO-Monarch-MKII-Linsoul-Audio.jpg

Oct 27, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #3,195 of 4,771
Those are some serious gorgeous backshells. The best part of Thieaudio releasing a new Monarch version is that the OG version will start being put up for sale in the classifieds. Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back