ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jul 7, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #2,821 of 4,753
Excalibur should reveal a bit more details compared to Oracle due to a bit more energy in upper region

Attachments

• graph.png
    graph.png
    259.3 KB · Views: 0
Jul 7, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #2,822 of 4,753
Hello Guys !!!

I need to help in this :

I have already the dunu sa6 / audiosense t800 / dunu dk-2001 / TFZ NO3 / TINGKER T300 so quite fun signature....

Is there any other feedback about Excalibur vs Oracle vc Monarch ?

From what I read here and there, Monarch will have a lack of mid bass (but possible to add impedance to retrieve this ?) and seems that Oracle is quite same fun as Exacalibur but Oracle has better details and tuning ?

Thanks for your help in my conquest of my 1st THIEAUDIO :)
Impedance 20 ohm from Hilby only works well out from Oriolus B300S tube poweramp. Its like having a better Claire at your disposal.😊
20210517_220436.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #2,824 of 4,753
So I went back to using the Xelastec ear tips for the Monarch because they are the most comfortable and provide the best isolation for me. And now with the following EQ in Qudelix I feel the bass slams well enough or possibly even better than with what I was getting out of the Final E tips anyway.
I thought they would be the best because of the way they seal to the ear canal…

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #2,825 of 4,753
Seems Andrew is a fan of the Oracle! 😁

I found it funny that he spent a solid 5-6 mins talking about the Oracle and how good it is, but only 30 seconds for the Excalibur... Where's the love for the Excalibur man?? Lol.

I have the Oracle (Excalibur should be here Monday) and it sounds good and all but the boost in the upper mids/treble really kills it for me. I have to EQ it to get it sounding great. Such a shame cos when EQed slightly it really knocks it out of the park.

Jul 7, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #2,826 of 4,753
I found it funny that he spent a solid 5-6 mins talking about the Oracle and how good it is, but only 30 seconds for the Excalibur... Where's the love for the Excalibur man?? Lol.

I have the Oracle (Excalibur should be here Monday) and it sounds good and all but the boost in the upper mids/treble really kills it for me. I have to EQ it to get it sounding great. Such a shame cos when EQed slightly it really knocks it out of the park.
What are the EQ settings you are using for the Oracle?

Jul 7, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #2,827 of 4,753

@drummguy26 you found Oracle mids/highs hot …
Do you think Excalibur has less presence on mids/highs?

23696553-F2E8-4320-AB62-71D1E09F18DE.png

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #2,828 of 4,753
What are the EQ settings you are using for the Oracle?
I find that the Blessing2 is one of the best tuned IEMs out there so I just went ahead and EQ'ed it to sound like the Blessing2 with a slight bass boost and its just bangin'!
1DE56D35-1096-486A-92FE-4DF9F5F5B749.png

@drummguy26 you found Oracle mids/highs hot …
Do you think Excalibur has less presence on mids/highs?

23696553-F2E8-4320-AB62-71D1E09F18DE.png
Actually I don't think the Excalibur has less presence in the mids/highs. I actually think it has more than the Oracle. But I think what bothered me the most about the Oracle was the boost at 4k. The Excalibur is the exact opposite of the Oracle at 4k and I think that's gonna make all the difference for me. But we'll see when I get them.

Jul 8, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #2,829 of 4,753
I find that the Blessing2 is one of the best tuned IEMs out there so I just went ahead and EQ'ed it to sound like the Blessing2 with a slight bass boost and its just bangin'!

Actually I don't think the Excalibur has less presence in the mids/highs. I actually think it has more than the Oracle. But I think what bothered me the most about the Oracle was the boost at 4k. The Excalibur is the exact opposite of the Oracle at 4k and I think that's gonna make all the difference for me. But we'll see when I get them.
But you are EQing the Oracle to have even more presence in the mids/highs…

Jul 8, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #2,830 of 4,753
Does anyone have experience with Linsoul customer support and repair/replacement of broken products?

My Thieaudio Monarch, which I've had for about 9 months - and it's been my favorite IEM during that time - seems to have given out. I'm getting some bad channel imbalance (I think this is the right term?). I noticed something off-sounding about them, and then did the "driver matching" test here, and the very low end and very high end were both absent in the left ear (tried swapping cables and tips and it was the same every time - my Blessing 2 and several other headphones passed the test, so I know it's not my hearing). They're also asking for "pictures/video" of the problem, which I don't really understand in this context...

I'm really bummed, particularly because sending to China will probably take some time, and I'm also worried they'll try to screw me over and say it's my fault or something and try to charge me for repair (the IEMs literally don't leave my desk; I baby them).

Jul 8, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #2,831 of 4,753
Does anyone have experience with Linsoul customer support and repair/replacement of broken products?

My Thieaudio Monarch, which I've had for about 9 months - and it's been my favorite IEM during that time - seems to have given out. I'm getting some bad channel imbalance (I think this is the right term?). I noticed something off-sounding about them, and then did the "driver matching" test here, and the very low end and very high end were both absent in the left ear (tried swapping cables and tips and it was the same every time - my Blessing 2 and several other headphones passed the test, so I know it's not my hearing). They're also asking for "pictures/video" of the problem, which I don't really understand in this context...

I'm really bummed, particularly because sending to China will probably take some time, and I'm also worried they'll try to screw me over and say it's my fault or something and try to charge me for repair (the IEMs literally don't leave my desk; I baby them).
I have just send my Monarchs back to Linsoul for a repair.
Had just to fill out a RMA form, they asked if i want to ship it myself or if they should send me a label.
I took the label which i had to pay with 25 dollars (DHL Express).
They send me everything i need and had to print out, just filled the RMA form, make an pickup appointment with DHL Express and let it pick up.
I send it out last friday and it was delivered on monday to Linsoul.
Got an email that they received it and gonna repair it now.
So far so good, now i have to wait, since the repair can take 1-3 weeks.

Jul 8, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #2,832 of 4,753
Well just got an email saying that my Excalibur and LSC08 cable has now been sent. SO I will probably get it in a weeks time.

Jul 8, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #2,834 of 4,753
But you are EQing the Oracle to have even more presence in the mids/highs…
Yes this is true. I actually like a fair amount of treble, but I think what was bothering me was the peak at 4k. I tried just turning that peak down slightly and it immediately sounded better to me. That specific EQ was just to mimick the Blessing2, so it definitely had treble boosts at other frequencies.

Jul 8, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #2,835 of 4,753
Well just got an email saying that my Excalibur and LSC08 cable has now been sent. SO I will probably get it in a weeks time.
My Excalibur shipped as well! Should be getting it by Monday. But DHL has been known to deliver stuff early so could potentially be Saturday. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back