ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jul 5, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #2,806 of 4,753
So I got the Oracle about a week ago and have been listening to it nonstop to try and get a feel for it. I don't know if it's just me or not, but I'm a little underwhelmed with the Oracle. I don't know if it's cos I'm so used to the Monarchs, but the technicalities on the Oracle and severely lacking compared to the Monarch. The Oracle sounds fine, but its just that. Fine... Id almost go as far as to say that it sounds somewhat boring. To me it's just lacking snappiness.

Maybe this is more of a neutral sound sig, but I at least expected the mid bass to wow me more than the Monarch, but not really.....

I know I'm probably in the minority with all the hype surrounding the Oracle, but to me, it's just OK....

Jul 5, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #2,807 of 4,753
So I got the Oracle about a week ago and have been listening to it nonstop to try and get a feel for it. I don't know if it's just me or not, but I'm a little underwhelmed with the Oracle. I don't know if it's cos I'm so used to the Monarchs, but the technicalities on the Oracle and severely lacking compared to the Monarch. The Oracle sounds fine, but its just that. Fine... Id almost go as far as to say that it sounds somewhat boring. To me it's just lacking snappiness.

Maybe this is more of a neutral sound sig, but I at least expected the mid bass to wow me more than the Monarch, but not really.....

I know I'm probably in the minority with all the hype surrounding the Oracle, but to me, it's just OK....
Interesting experience! Things can indeed be so relative to what we have previously heard or are used to, like you’re saying coming from the Monarch.

I am also a “snap” priority listener. It’s what distinguishes the MEST for me from the Clairvoyanace.

But I’ve heard lots of praise for the monarch’s resolving ability and bass. If only one could have unlimited money to actually try all these things haha

Jul 5, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #2,808 of 4,753
Interesting experience! Things can indeed be so relative to what we have previously heard or are used to, like you’re saying coming from the Monarch.

I am also a “snap” priority listener. It’s what distinguishes the MEST for me from the Clairvoyanace.

But I’ve heard lots of praise for the monarch’s resolving ability and bass. If only one could have unlimited money to actually try all these things haha
Lol yea. I mean, maybe I just haven't found the right pairing with the Oracle yet. I spent a solid 2-3 weeks finding that magic combination to get the most out of the Monarch. For the price, the Oracle does sound good. Not denying that. But as with all things and media hype, I think the Oracle got way too much hype and got raised to "golden IEM" expectation. But again, maybe I just need more time with it...

But actually..... real-time update as I'm typing this post: just switched out my W2 for my 9038s and changed to a copper cable and it sounds pretty damn good! I'll continue to experiment. To be continued... Lol

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #2,810 of 4,753
The 9038s have very thick rear ends. Maybe some what better synergy?
Not sure, but I do know the 9038s is a generally brighter and cleaner DAC than most. I'm thinking this pairs well with the Oracle to tighten it up significantly. And along with the copper cable, it enhances the bottom end even more (yes I'm a believer in cable rolling).

So all in all, I'd say amazing synergy here. This combination is actually very nice. It adds that pop/snap factor that I felt like I was missing before.

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #2,811 of 4,753
Different compared to what?

Ah yes, I have Monarch definetly then. I wasn't aware they have different nozzle shape.
Thanks buddy
Compare both original Twins🤣You mentioned you heard Clair too?

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #2,812 of 4,753
My comment was because the 9038s has extremely low Output impedance and in general multi BA IEMs react with more bass. Some are different but it's not the norm.

Jul 5, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #2,813 of 4,753
Compare both original Twins🤣You mentioned you heard Clair too?
You misunderstood me then. I said that my Monarch sounds just like how Clair should sound judging by the graphs alone. Mid bass on my Monarch is quite punchy and I never heard Clair. People here been commenting that Monarch needs few dB in mid bass area,
I think it's fine the way it is IMO

Jul 5, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #2,814 of 4,753
You misunderstood me then. I said that my Monarch sounds just like how Clair should sound judging by the graphs alone. Mid bass on my Monarch is quite punchy and I never heard Clair. People here been commenting that Monarch needs few dB in mid bass area,
I think it's fine the way it is IMO
Ok got it, quantity of mid bass definitely belongs to Claire. I have compared them both.😊

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #2,815 of 4,753
Lol yea. I mean, maybe I just haven't found the right pairing with the Oracle yet. I spent a solid 2-3 weeks finding that magic combination to get the most out of the Monarch. For the price, the Oracle does sound good. Not denying that. But as with all things and media hype, I think the Oracle got way too much hype and got raised to "golden IEM" expectation. But again, maybe I just need more time with it...

But actually..... real-time update as I'm typing this post: just switched out my W2 for my 9038s and changed to a copper cable and it sounds pretty damn good! I'll continue to experiment. To be continued... Lol
I ended up returning mine as I could not find a set up with source, amp, or tips that I liked. Really lacking in the lower mids that did not give male vocals a foundation. I’ve had issues with consistency with Thieaudio in the past (L3’s) and I’m not saying that is the issue, but they just did not suit my tastes like I was expecting after reading the reviews.

Jul 6, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #2,816 of 4,753
How is Monarch compared to IT07 or Land?

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #2,819 of 4,753
Maybe a weird question but has anyone here compared the A7 to the ThieAudio Monarch?
I have answered on your A7 post, if you're here. Go for Monarch!😄

Jul 7, 2021 at 1:29 AM Post #2,820 of 4,753
Hello Guys !!!

I need to help in this :

I have already the dunu sa6 / audiosense t800 / dunu dk-2001 / TFZ NO3 / TINGKER T300 so quite fun signature....

Is there any other feedback about Excalibur vs Oracle vc Monarch ?

From what I read here and there, Monarch will have a lack of mid bass (but possible to add impedance to retrieve this ?) and seems that Oracle is quite same fun as Exacalibur but Oracle has better details and tuning ?

Thanks for your help in my conquest of my 1st THIEAUDIO :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back