ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jul 11, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #2,851 of 4,771
unfortunately not only on Excalibur, they moved my Oracle from a 2 weeks to a 5 weeks (!) shipping from order. and I don't think it will get better in august.... and as far as I know, the situation for Clair/Monarch is even worse.....
My Monarch shipped within 2 weeks of the order being placed last month. Granted it was a review sample, but the marketing rep still had to place an internal order that went through the same process as any other order.

Jul 12, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #2,856 of 4,771
Well… there goes my idea to get them… I can’t even do the Dusks without outer ear pain.
For what it's worth, I have heard of at least one person who had issues with the Blessing and were fine with the Monarch.

Maybe my photos will help persuade you too: https://imgur.com/a/hbtXpgs

Jul 12, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #2,858 of 4,771
Are the Monarchs housing as big as the Moondrop Blessing Dusk 2's?
The Monarchs are slightly larger than the Dusks.
That's the reason I sold them: they started to hurt me after a few minutes.
With the Dusks (and the Oracles) I have no problems even after hours of listening.

Jul 13, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #2,859 of 4,771
So if anyone's interested, I have a couple PEQ's for the Monarch that are simply fantastic. 1 of them is an EQ to mimick the FR of the Clairvoyance and the other is a modified version of the Oratory target curve. The one with the peakier bass is the Oratory PEQ. The other is the Clairvoyance. Enjoy!

So thanks in large part to some old posts by drummguy26 about AutoEQ and his Oratory EQ settings, I tried my hand at the whole ordeal of getting AutoEQ working and fitting it to the 2019v2 harman curve which got me 90% of the way there but then I used Room EQ to really nail the curve to give the following EQ settings.

Here's the monarch vs the harman curve (in purple)
monarch_harman2019v2.jpg

Here's what my EQ settings get it to:
monarch_harmanfit.jpg

Note that the bass is elevated a bit on purpose to give a bit more body which I stole the idea from the B2 Dusk. You can disable that (filter #6 if you want).
Also, while I feel these EQ settings properly allow you to discern the cymbals from a track like, for instance, North Star of Nija by Orbit Culture, you can disable filter #9 if you feel it's too "shouty".

Also, note, that this won't have the warm feeling you get with something like the B2 Dusk, which I personally feel veils too many metal tunes such as the aforementioned or a couple other good examples are:
- Destruction or Strength (by As I Lay Dying)
- Viscera (by Veil of Maya which is supposed to sound "raw and sibilant)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210713-015026.png
    Screenshot_20210713-015026.png
    183.5 KB · Views: 0
  • monarch_harman_metalbump.txt
    991 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #2,860 of 4,771
So thanks in large part to some old posts by drummguy26 about AutoEQ and his Oratory EQ settings, I tried my hand at the whole ordeal of getting AutoEQ working and fitting it to the 2019v2 harman curve which got me 90% of the way there but then I used Room EQ to really nail the curve to give the following EQ settings.

monarch_harman2019v2.jpg

monarch_harmanfit.jpg

Note that the bass is elevated a bit on purpose to give a bit more body which I stole the idea from the B2 Dusk. You can disable that (filter #6 if you want).
Also, while I feel these EQ settings properly allow you to discern the cymbals from a track like, for instance, North Star of Nija by Orbit Culture, you can disable filter #9 if you feel it's too "shouty".

Also, note, that this won't have the warm feeling you get with something like the B2 Dusk, which I personally feel veils too many metal tunes such as the aforementioned or a couple other good examples are:
Hello,

what is the application that you are using for EQ ?

thanks

Jul 13, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #2,861 of 4,771
The pictured EQ graph in red is the Qudelix which I can't recommend enough as a portable DAC/amp: https://www.qudelix.com/

Jul 13, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #2,863 of 4,771
Yep. And the best part is it will work with whatever accepts USB/bluetooth so you can use your EQ settings on, for instance, Switch, PS4/5, PC, etc..

Jul 14, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #2,864 of 4,771

monarch_harman2019v2.jpg

monarch_harmanfit.jpg

Very very nice! I actually forgot about that EQ to be honest. Lol. I’ve come to love the natural sound of the Monarch without any EQ listening to it out of the L&P W2. But now that you’ve been fiddling with it, I’ll have to try out your EQ and give it a shot. Thanks for making this!

Jul 14, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #2,865 of 4,771
I also got my hands on the Oracle and Excalibur in addition to my Monarchs, and I must say, with the right source pairing, I’m really enjoying the Excalibur! I’m surprised it hasn’t gotten more attention than it has. It’s a really fun and energetic sounding IEM with great technicalities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back