ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 19, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #2,326 of 4,752
I want to know how Oracle bass is, too. Once I hear it, it will tell me how much more bass and bass quality I might want next. But, hopefully it's very solid still.
The bass is less sub than Clairvoyance or Mest2 and along the more balanced iems out there, it does satisfy enough but isn't a monster rumbler like Claire

May 19, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #2,328 of 4,752
Could you not just eq a bit to get the same effect?
I'm sure you can, but i don't have Cowon or Lotoo to try, wouldn't touch any other EQ for the life of me😜

May 19, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #2,329 of 4,752
Yes I believe to be so 👍 1 year return policy is hard to beat, only that says it all, they are serious company...
Well I'm in Europe so I had some logistic questions, after thier reply I'll know what to do.
Yes, that is certainly the main question. If they are like MusicTeck though, it should be no problem, since numerous people in Europe have purchased their MESTs from that company, that also has a stellar customer service reputation.
Update
From Headphones.com i will have to pay additional 20% VAT, and I am just not paying 150 USD to the local customs.

As much as I hate to admit but thieaudio is killing it with these 4 tribrids, too bad there is nothing in the price range to challenge them. For a few months I was hoping Fearless will step up thier game but they remain silent...
Ah well I guess I'm keeping my money

May 19, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #2,330 of 4,752
I was able to buy Monarch from Headphones.com today, which I believe that they got some stock pretty recently. As long waiting time, uncertainty of shipping and customer service always made me hesitant to buy directly from Linsoul or Ali, seeing purchase button instead of out of stock in their website almost made me loose my mind lol. I am not sure how Monarch would get along with my current sets, especially MEST, but I hope that there could be some role that Monarch can only play.

May 19, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #2,331 of 4,752
I was able to buy Monarch from Headphones.com today, which I believe that they got some stock pretty recently. As long waiting time, uncertainty of shipping and customer service always made me hesitant to buy directly from Linsoul or Ali, seeing purchase button instead of out of stock in their website almost made me loose my mind lol. I am not sure how Monarch would get along with my current sets, especially MEST, but I hope that there could be some role that Monarch can only play.
I’m quite certain that the Monarch is complementary to the MEST, as the tuning is very different. Many people own both.

May 19, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #2,332 of 4,752
I’m quite certain that the Monarch is complementary to the MEST, as the tuning is very different. Many people own both.
I hope so. I bought Monarch over Clair even though my favorite music genre is metal. I like the sound signature that could be described as analytic dry or sterile if not boring. Will see how this choice goes.

May 19, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #2,334 of 4,752
I own Monarch and MEST OG and they are different enough to be complementary.

May 19, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #2,335 of 4,752
Does anyone have both MEST and Monarch? How do they compare?

I would also like to take a L&P W2, which one could have a better synergy?

I read that many use a 20 ohm resistor, what is it for?
I own both. I prefer the Monarch to the MEST OG mostly due to tuning preference. The Monarch is pretty close to my own personal preference curve. I love the sub bass and tuning of the Monarch and the imaging and sound stage of the MEST OG. I have a 20 ohm impedance adapter and the bass is elevated, but the treble and soundstage are compressed so I don't like it personally.

I also have an L&P W2, I think the W2 + Monarch is the best value of everything I've heard. I would not hesitate to recommend it to family, but now they would have to choose between the Monarch, Clairvoyance, Oracle and Excalibur.

May 19, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #2,336 of 4,752
I own Monarch and MEST OG and they are different enough to be complementary.
Yeah. I hope I can pick one of them based on my mood and music genre, that could be awesome. I hope that they dont show that much class difference (in technicalities) but just taste difference.

May 19, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #2,337 of 4,752
seeing as I am having issues getting the Dorado at the discount price I may just get Excaliber but now that is 2-3 weeks shipping time! haha
I know they not similar but Excaliber sounds like best Thieaudio IEM for Trance. Unless others think Monarch would be better for trance? In trance I mean quite bass heavy trance.

May 19, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #2,338 of 4,752
From what I've read I'm afraid Monarch may lack some impact on more aggressive genres, I also listen to a lot of Metal.

I want a very technical IEM, extraordinary in clarity, detail, separation, imaging, with a great sense of three-dimensionality and a signature more on the lively and energetic side.

May 19, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #2,339 of 4,752
From what I've read I'm afraid Monarch may lack some impact on more aggressive genres, I also listen to a lot of Metal.

I want a very technical IEM, extraordinary in clarity, detail, separation, imaging, with a great sense of three-dimensionality and a signature more on the lively and energetic side.
I had a same demand and I went for MEST. If you want to choose btw Clair and Monarch for your music taste, Clair may better suit, but the sound signature that you described seems to be more like Monarch. For that exact same reason, I chose Monarch over Clair as I want more clairity and better technicalities even though i am aware that clair has FR curve that serves better for metal genre. I assume FR could be a bit corrected by EQing but technicalities harder to be improved.

May 19, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #2,340 of 4,752
I had a same demand and I went for MEST. If you want to choose btw Clair and Monarch for your music taste, Clair may better suit, but the sound signature that you described seems to be more like Monarch. For that exact same reason, I chose Monarch over Clair as I want more clairity and better technicalities even though i am aware that clair has FR curve that serves better for metal genre. I assume FR could be a bit corrected by EQing but technicalities harder to be improved.
That's almost the exact same logic I used to choose the Monarchs over the Clairvoyance. After I got them, I found that the Monarchs fit me better than I thought they would from a tuning point of view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back