Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Dec 17, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #436 of 691
I ended up passing mine along which I'm probably crazy for, but for all its clarity I just was too used to a warmer sound. I do like bass, and although the MKIII had a lot of it, it was one of those things for me that was perfect and correct but just not what I found fun.
That’s understandable. We all have our preferences. It’s about finding what best suits yours.

Dec 20, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #438 of 691
Dec 22, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #442 of 691
I guess that depends on listening volume and whether or not the listener is a bass-head. Personally I add a little bit of bass with Mojo 2's EQ.
To use @Precogvision own words, I found his assessment of the MMK3s bass perplexing. The article seems to refer to his assessment of it, but perhaps the opinion of MMK3s bass is shared amongst a few at HP.

Do they mean weak amount, or quality/ performance? I don’t find either to be the case, but they’re far more experienced than me when it comes to iem’s, headphones and audio in general.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #443 of 691
Received my Thieaudio Monarch MK3 today. Not a fan of the stock tips, so experimenting with a couple of options. Currently enjoying the SednaEarFit Max the most because of the comfort, but I also really like the Crystals - especially for more bass impact.

I did have some doubts about comfort before they arrived, read plenty of horror stories (and even more about the MK2 which were a tad smaller from what I've read), but they will perfectly in my ears. I've been wearing them now for around six hours and no sore ears yet.

First impression of the sound is really, really good. All the instruments come across very clear and the FR seems to fit almost every kind of genre. Doesn't matter if it's Ludovico Einaudi, Infected Mushroom, The Police or Lorna Shore, everything sounds amazing! At the moment these take the top spot just slightly above the Neon Pro, but I'll wait for a final judgment after the honeymoon period.

Recently also tried the 64audio U4S, but wasn't a fan at all. Sent it back to Thomann after a couple of days. The resolution was lacking so much against other IEM's in the same price bracket.

Attachments

• Monarch MK3.jpg
    Monarch MK3.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #445 of 691
Merry christmas bro! My MMK3 also arrived right in time to enjoy the xmas holidays :L3000:

Regards from Germany.
Perfect time to receive the MMK3.

I’ll be enjoying mine over Christmas too :o2smile:

IMG_1705.jpeg

Dec 25, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #448 of 691
Perfect time to receive the MMK3.

I’ll be enjoying mine over Christmas too :o2smile:

IMG_1705.jpeg

Hey beatiful set you got there.
Could you share experience from ur pairing with r6 pro ii?
i am using my mmk3 with questyle m15 rn, plugged either to iphone or ipad.

dap bothers me cuz i wont be able to use apple music i assume? plus im not a fan of android...

i consider upgrading the m15 to this r6 pro ii / the new r8 ii / any other worthy dedicated portable dac&amp.

(the questyle m15 sounds very good with mmk3 if anyone wonders)

thanks for the help! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back