The king has arrived.
PSX_20240109_201307_wm.jpg

PSX_20240109_200652_wm.jpg

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:15 PM Post #468 of 726
Jan 9, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #469 of 726
The king has arrived.
PSX_20240109_201307_wm.jpg

PSX_20240109_200652_wm.jpg
My favorite colors. If I were to get a custom MMK3, this would've been my choice, besides maybe the "Butterfly" faceplate.

Thanks for posting the pics. Haven't seen this shell/faceplate combo yet and it's the one I like most.

Jan 10, 2024 at 12:45 AM Post #470 of 726
My favorite colors. If I were to get a custom MMK3, this would've been my choice, besides maybe the "Butterfly" faceplate.

Thanks for posting the pics. Haven't seen this shell/faceplate combo yet and it's the one I like most.

Gaea’s cable with Monarch? Good combination. Enjoy your shiny, mate!
thanks for the kind words!

it really is a great combo. I waited 2 months for it and it was definitely worth it. Paired with the Effect Audio Gaea cable really brings out the beauty. now i just need to take another Thieaudio Monarch "family" shot :)

Jan 10, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #471 of 726
After reading this forum for months and watching endless reviews on YouTube I decided to get into IEMs last november with the Monarch MK3s. I've had very little time to enjoy them because I'm currently taking care of my baby girl. However I absolutely love them. I agree with the impressions in this thread, and would just like to add that Divinus Velvet tips and a Cadmus cable make me like this set a lot more. I didn't like the color or feel of the stock cable, and the case is pathetic at this price point (I had to buy a Miter case). As for tips, I feel the Divinus enhance the bass and treble and they are super comfy. Dunu S&S were a close second, followed by Xelastecs in third place. I tried sendaear regular and light and I found them very "meh". The Tangzu Sancai Wide bore were comfy but did not sound good with this IEM, imho. The stock silicone tips sound bad to me and made my ears itch a bit. Didn't try the foams.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #473 of 726
I feel like I'm alone in REALLY liking the look and feel of the included cable. I think the gold-ish color looks nice with the default black plates and it feels nice.
Lol I also replace that cable

Jan 11, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #476 of 726
Greetings from Poland

@mastermnd
After reading this forum for months and watching endless reviews on YouTube I decided to get into IEMs last november with the Monarch MK3s. I've had very little time to enjoy them because I'm currently taking care of my baby girl. However I absolutely love them. I agree with the impressions in this thread, and would just like to add that Divinus Velvet tips and a Cadmus cable make me like this set a lot more. I didn't like the color or feel of the stock cable, and the case is pathetic at this price point (I had to buy a Miter case). As for tips, I feel the Divinus enhance the bass and treble and they are super comfy. Dunu S&S were a close second, followed by Xelastecs in third place. I tried sendaear regular and light and I found them very "meh". The Tangzu Sancai Wide bore were comfy but did not sound good with this IEM, imho. The stock silicone tips sound bad to me and made my ears itch a bit. Didn't try the foams.
I bought a case from Tanguz on "ali", It fits headphones and the Questyle M15, just barely.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #477 of 726
Jan 13, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #479 of 726
Anyone who can confirm that annihilator 2023 is the right path to upgrade from monarch mk3?

As always, I'd ask what about the Monarch you're trying to improve. What's making you feel like you need an upgrade?

I'm finding myself agreeing with the opinion that above 1000$, you're paying for preferences, not raw "performance."

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #480 of 726
Anyone who can confirm that annihilator 2023 is the right path to upgrade from monarch mk3?

I would also like to read other upgrade routes suggestions : )
It’s a bit of a broad question.

Are you looking for something that is similar in tuning and sound to MMk3? Looking for something different? What is it about the mmk3 that you enjoy and what don’t you like or would you like to be different?

Depending on your answers, there could be many different suggestions and recommendations.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back