Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Jan 20, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #497 of 726
I'm an unabashed bass-head, and I think I'm starting to understand what some have said about the bass being overpowered at times. It's not that the bass frequencies are dominating or bleeding into the mids, it's more the intensity of the air pressure on some mid-bass prominent tracks (while on others there's a really satisfying sub-bass rumble, these drivers really go deep); it's a real, "whoah there is a kick drum inside my ear" kind of effect (maybe a more relaxed seal with smaller silicon tips would help).

There are definitely some aspects of the B2D that I was looking to upgrade, but for my tastes I'm realizing there's also absolutely nothing offensive about it, so I can easily see reaching for each of these at different times of day. Mk3 for when I'm fully awake and want dynamic and engaging fun, B2D for when I just rolled out of bed and need a relaxing listen while I am waiting for my coffee to kick in! :sweat_smile:
This is exactly how I feel about my Quintets.

Jan 20, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #498 of 726
The king has arrived.
PSX_20240109_201307_wm.jpg

PSX_20240109_200652_wm.jpg
I did the same combo. 🤩

Jan 21, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #499 of 726
AZLA SednaEarfit Light has arrived. In my opinion, these are tips made for the MK3. The wider tip sleeve resulted in a noticeable improvement in bass response. More air in the bass, which makes it sound a little more spatially. The high treble range was no longer hot and aggressive. Probably for some people it's still too energetic and tiring after long listening sessions. Details and extension of the treble have been preserved.
AZLA SednaEarfitLight has a different shape, which fills the ear canal faster.

I also have the AZLA SednaEarfitLight short, but I haven't tried it. It has the same size sleeve at the end of the tips as the included stock earbuds.

20240119-190851.jpg20240119-190814.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #501 of 726
Jan 26, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #504 of 726
The eagle has landed. I was a bit worried about the fit due to comments, but initially at least it seems to be pretty much perfect. I had Softears Cerberus at some point and it doesn't feel like it would be much bigger than that. Will test it through HQPlayer -> Holo May -> Holo Bliss extensively during the weekend :)

Jan 26, 2024 at 7:54 AM Post #505 of 726
Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #506 of 726
For me that treble was a bit too much and my ears started ringing quite fast. I've been playing quite a bit with EQ and got nothing working well until I copied some EQ ideas from Mojo 2. It's quite nice as then I will be able to use same settings both on desktop and with Mojo.

I'm using this in HQPlayer:
iir:type=hshelf;f=2400;g=-1;q=0.71,iir:type=peak;f=20000;g=-3;q=0.71

Surprisingly after this I was able to turn volume up by 3db just like that. MK3 became completely different animal and also metal sounds amazing. Ears stopped ringing and no fatigue.

EDIT: Since posting this I started driving MK3 harder and that basically fixed the issue. Also I think there has been some burn-in going on or then I learned to seal these better to my ear as my ears are no longer ringing even at lower volume levels. The original posting happened @ 1-2h mark. Wanted to add this later so that I don't mislead anyone to think that MK3 would be a harsh headphone.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #507 of 726
These with the GO Pod is hilariously awesome. :L3000:

Jan 27, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #508 of 726
AZLA SednaEarfit Light has arrived. In my opinion, these are tips made for the MK3. The wider tip sleeve resulted in a noticeable improvement in bass response. More air in the bass, which makes it sound a little more spatially. The high treble range was no longer hot and aggressive. Probably for some people it's still too energetic and tiring after long listening sessions. Details and extension of the treble have been preserved.
AZLA SednaEarfitLight has a different shape, which fills the ear canal faster.

I also have the AZLA SednaEarfitLight short, but I haven't tried it. It has the same size sleeve at the end of the tips as the included stock earbuds.

How is the size of these compared to stock silicon tips? I'm currently using the medium one. It maybe could be just a tad bigger (or smaller?) but biggest one is clearly already too big and smallest too small. Thinking about ordering these, but there is no "one of each" -option available and would like to avoid ordering too many variations as they are 16€ per size.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #509 of 726
The largest stock tips are about 14 mm, medium ones are about 13.3~13,5mm. I used both sizes on other headphones, but in my opinion the mk3 requires going one size lower than usual due to the wide sleeve.

I ordered AZLA SednaEarfit Light size L and ML, respectively 14 mm and 13.3 mm. L dropped out right away. MLs seemed ok, but unfortunately they were tiring to the ear canals. These tips have a different shape, which makes them appear larger. I ordered size M, which is approximately 12.6mm. L and ML gave a great seal. I will describe my impressions from size M.

AZLA SednaEarfit Light have, which in my opinion, improves the overall tuning of these headphones.

1706450216283.png

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/thi...iews-and-pictures-thread.969259/post-17930897

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #510 of 726
The largest stock tips are about 14 mm, medium ones are about 13.3~13,5mm. I used both sizes on other headphones, but in my opinion the mk3 requires going one size lower than usual due to the wide sleeve.

I ordered AZLA SednaEarfit Light size L and ML, respectively 14 mm and 13.3 mm. L dropped out right away. MLs seemed ok, but unfortunately they were tiring to the ear canals. These tips have a different shape, which makes them appear larger. I ordered size M, which is approximately 12.6mm. L and ML gave a great seal. I will describe my impressions from size M.

AZLA SednaEarfit Light have, which in my opinion, improves the overall tuning of these headphones.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/thi...iews-and-pictures-thread.969259/post-17930897
Thanks ! Ordered MS/M/ML. My first tip roll ever :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back