Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Dec 7, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #421 of 726
I've had an order in with you guys for about a month, and it's just the default faceplate, so fingers crossed I made the cut with this incoming shipment. :)
Yup all current backorders will be filled but it puts our default faceplate stock at 0 so not getting in any extra to ship out. Will have a couple custom faceplates leftover after fulfillment though!

Current ETA to our warehouse says Dec 8th but given the time of the year, best guess would be actual delivery next week.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Dec 11, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #422 of 726
Has anyone tried the FX15 and if so how does it compare to the Mkiii?

Dec 14, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #423 of 726
Been using HiFiGo's Divinus Velvet eartips for a week with the Monarch MKIII.

It's now my favorite and preferred eartips for MMK3. Very, very comfortable to wear for long listening sessions, and they seal well without any suction effect when pulling it out of my ears.

Dec 14, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #424 of 726
Been using HiFiGo's Divinus Velvet eartips for a week with the Monarch MKIII.

It's now my favorite and preferred eartips for MMK3. Very, very comfortable to wear for long listening sessions, and they seal well without any suction effect when pulling it out of my ears.

I concur. The divinus velvets are my favourite tips to use with the MMK3 too.

Dec 14, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #425 of 726
I have the Divinus Velvet on right now and they're ok but I still find the Tri Clarion to be a bit more open and airy.

I tried many others, Dunu S&S which are generally my go to I just couldn't get them fit comfortably, my ears start to hurt within minutes.

Whizzer EasyTips - kinda average.

Final Type E - darkens the MMK3 too much, didn't like them.

Softears UC - pretyy nice and neutral, I would need a size smaller though.

Azla Xelastecs - Good but the treble wasn't as detailed as with the Clarion

Stock tips - average IMO.

Spring tips - couldn't get them to seal, weird ears I guess.

Spinfits, about 4 models - nah, too mediocre

Another set of tips I liked was an Ikko no name set (dark blue in color) which was almost identical in sound and comfort with the Clarions.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #427 of 726
I'm pretty happy with the Baroque.

Dec 14, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #428 of 726
MMK3 Aurora Blue.jpg

From Discord @Sc75380

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #429 of 726
Mine arrive tomorrow. I'm excited to see how they sound with Tri Clarion tips.
Enjoy, they are indeed an awesome set.

The only genre that's sub par IMO is EDM, too much badly produced EDM music, bloated bass, foamy mids, etc and because the MMK3 are fairly judgy it's hard not to dislike this music.

But, play some blues and crank that volume a bit and boy do they sound stellar. Or anything with guitars, I was listening earlier to the Days of the New self titled album and it's such an amazing listen.

Dec 17, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #433 of 726
Sounds so good, looks so nice, amazing synergy. My personal "end game." :L3000:

Monarch MKIII ZX707 Eros S.jpg

MMK3 Pelican Case.jpg

MMK3.jpg
Even though beyond impedance differences, I’m not a believer that cables make a difference, I can’t deny that’s a really nice looking cable and the overall aesthetic of your set looks fantastic.

You can also see that Effect audio cables are of high quality.

Which effect audio cable is that btw?I thought it was the Eros S, but yours has some gold fleck in it and I wasn’t aware the Eros S did?

Dec 17, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #434 of 726
Eros S 1st anniversary.

Limited edition (only hardware design and looking jet black and gold style) 😉

About this particular cable (sound wise) : must try. 😎

Then you know.

Pragmatical and empirical approach 👍

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #435 of 726
I ended up passing mine along which I'm probably crazy for, but for all its clarity I just was too used to a warmer sound. I do like bass, and although the MKIII had a lot of it, it was one of those things for me that was perfect and correct but just not what I found fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back