ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Sep 3, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #1,246 of 1,778
that is correct, i had to go through many tips, now i'm comparing them with the Urbanfun, the UF sounds a bit 'congested' , i mean i can hear more microdetails on the L3, that bery bass on the UF though

Sep 3, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #1,247 of 1,778
Sep 3, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #1,248 of 1,778
I may have to counsel caution with the Xelastics. After barely any time at all mine have gotten these peculiar "waves" in them. It hasn't had much effect on the sound or seal YET (as it's just at the very rim) but I suspect the problem will worsen over time. I've never run into this before, even with the cheapest tips out there.PXL_20200901_151922191.jpg
My xelastic tips on my L3's have also taken to the shape of my ear and don't go back to its original shape..Be very careful if you need to be taking them off the iem just after wearing them because they are still warm and super soft and pliable like soft jelly...you will almost undoubtedly break them as I've already damaged a pair I had on a pair of tws iems....even when they are at cold room temp they are very very fragile tips...still these are the best seal I've ever gotten from any tips and I've tried all the top names... Only negative other than this deforming or forming issue depending on which way you want to look at it is their extremely expensive pricetag.... Wish they would go down in price so I could purchase more.

Sep 6, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #1,250 of 1,778
Sep 7, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #1,251 of 1,778
For the users of L3s that experienced the absence of bass in their pairs.

What cables and pins type are you using?

Maybe u have known, that QDC pin is polarity-reversed than regular 2 pin. I once experienced the lack of bass too when i build my own 2 pin short cable, using with BTR5 for clipping on shirt that is with wrong phase...

Sep 7, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #1,252 of 1,778
For the users of L3s that experienced the absence of bass in their pairs.

What cables and pins type are you using?

Maybe u have known, that QDC pin is polarity-reversed than regular 2 pin. I once experienced the lack of bass too when i build my own 2 pin short cable, using with BTR5 for clipping on shirt that is with wrong phase...
Very interesting point. I did some research on QDC before buying, and did conclude that one did absolutely need to own QDC cables if you wanted to go beyond the stock 3.5. I did buy QDC cables from Linsoul in both 2.5 and 4.4 with my purchase. If these are out of phase they are going to sound bad. But an easy fix is to change the pin on one of the IEMs.

I keep a folder with polarity checks on all my devices. But for left right I just put on Here Comes the Sun by George and performed by the Beatles. No better channel check than that in my book. I miss George, but that is off the point. But music is the point. I will point that out. Until I am hit with a sharp pointed stick. Or a banana.

Sep 9, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #1,253 of 1,778
I've brought up the polarity/phase issue multiple times on this thread with those stating they had problems. None seemed to even bother to check.

I'm a huge Beatles fan too! Miss both George's, and Geoff Emerick. Wrote term papers on the huge importance/influence of George Martin to the recording industry many years ago when I was a RTV/engineering major.
Several Beatles songs are good tests with the extreme-panned VX! 👍

Sep 10, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #1,254 of 1,778
Anyone Having an imbalance issue with their Legacy 3s? I never noticed it before but after having not used them for a few weeks I am now noticing the left side is louder than the right. Not by a big margin, but maybe 10-15%. Its not a polarity issue nor do I notice any missing details. It's just a volume differential. I received them back in late April so I guess they should be under a one year warranty from Linsoul. I do love them and would rather not have to compensate in my DAP.

Sep 10, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #1,255 of 1,778
I have both and love both. A good example of how the graph really doesn't say everything about how an iem sounds. The L3 is smoother across the spectrum compared to the it00. The it00 is a truly unique iem in that the are very detailed and have crazy good upper mids into the presence range without sounding fatiguing or sibilant - - a really special achievement, I think.

My IT00 has bad driver flex in the left side, so I use RHA double flange tips on them, which helps eliminate the flex.
I'm looking to get one of these. Let put the price aside, which one is better for all-rounder specifically Jpop, acoustic, rock, anisongs and film soundtracks. Do help me pls, thanks!

Sep 10, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #1,256 of 1,778
I'm looking to get one of these. Let put the price aside, which one is better for all-rounder specifically Jpop, acoustic, rock, anisongs and film soundtracks. Do help me pls, thanks!
Well, I can say that the IT00 does not suit weeb music at all (jpop, ost and rock). You want something brighter and thinner sounding than the IT00.

Sep 10, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #1,257 of 1,778
I am not in the concensus here. I thought the IT00 was way too bass and midrange forward. For me it was something of a muddy mess.

I like the L3 but they certainly are not end game. Comfort is OK but not great. However, depending on the switch settings they provide a very enjoyable listen, especially with Rock and Jazz.

Sep 10, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #1,258 of 1,778
I am not in the concensus here. I thought the IT00 was way too bass and midrange forward. For me it was something of a muddy mess.
While I happen to like my IT00, I completely understand where you’re coming from. It is a very bass heavy IEM.

Sep 10, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #1,259 of 1,778

I like the L3 but they certainly are not end game. Comfort is OK but not great. However, depending on the switch settings they provide a very enjoyable listen, especially with Rock and Jazz.
Interesting observations re: the it00. You hear the it00 like mine graph.

ibasso it00 harman eq.jpg

One thing I noticed about the it00, to my ears they there's quite a bit of difference from what I hear from what I see on the graph. They hit deep and hard but the bass still has good delineation from the mids. Mine graph like they could be mid forward, as you noted (as well as bass heavy).

I find the it00 to have fantastic detail retrieval, though you wouldn't assume that from the graph -- instead of steep 1k to 3 rise (ala Harman), mine have a +9dB rise over 1k to 5k. When I see the substantial 7k notch, I feel like there too much missing there, but I'm guess the pinna spike at 9k helps with the sparkle.

The blue curve is how the it00 is eq'd on my v60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back