THIEAUDIO Legacy 4 Announcement Thread
Dec 28, 2020 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Dèng

Sponsor: Linsoul

THIE AUDIO LEGACY4 (17).JPG

Greetings everyone!
Our THIEAUDIO Legacy 4 has been launched recently, and we are glad to share that the custom options are finally ready.
For more information, please kindly visit our website here.
Happy holidays to you and your loved ones!

Linsoul Make your soul dance 💃 Stay updated on Linsoul at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Linsoulaudio/ https://twitter.com/Linsoul_Audio https://www.instagram.com/linsoul.audio/ https://www.linsoul.com/ https://www.linsoul.com/ support@linsoul.com
Dec 28, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #3 of 15
Dec 28, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 15
I am concerend that the Legacy 4 might be too bright for my tastes but Redcarmoose piqued my interest in the L4. I do need an IEM that is superb with/for classical music, notably solo violin and for solo piano pieces. It seems like the L4 might be what I am looking for.

Dec 28, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #6 of 15
Dec 28, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #7 of 15
hmmm... looks juicy...

Dec 28, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #8 of 15
Dec 29, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #10 of 15
After reading that review I ordered my set as well-----awaiting delivery. Two days after the order I received a $ 20 free gift card from Linsoul---a nice surprise! :beyersmile:

Cheers!

Get ready, it’s going to be a great ride.

I am concerend that the Legacy 4 might be too bright for my tastes but Redcarmoose piqued my interest in the L4. I do need an IEM that is superb with/for classical music, notably solo violin and for solo piano pieces. It seems like the L4 might be what I am looking for.

That’s the thing......I mean stuff graphs out one way and gives a view in a partial way. Still.........there is always that treble and midrange energy in relation to the total response. As listeners we are aware of the total response energy and adjust volume accordingly. Meaning in short, it’s not the frequency response but the total balance in the end. In many ways I’m the most critical of the 2.5K-3.5K “zone”. If that’s “up” I can’t deal with it. I’m better off with much above that area adding detail and refinement in resolution ability. In my opinion that’s what’s happening here. The tune is walking that fine line. The end results are you don’t need to crank volume to try and find the midrange. Also the treble is so well done it’s not fatiguing in long use. It’s the total end results of an amazing careful tune.

There will be the treble sensitive outliers as always; and ......I’m not that way, so I can’t really comment on that aspect. But for someone who has difficulty with the 3K zone........it’s just a perfect positioning of tone?

I really think this ends up well rounded? Why now in 2020-2021......I’m not sure?

The L4 is ushering in the age of the “NANO-DRIVER”. From this point onward the driver will be looked at as the best of both worlds. It’s the transient edge focus of the BA bass driver combined with the decay of DD.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #11 of 15
Well the Legacy 4 really looks like a tempting set to me!

Owning the Legacy 3 and the Monarch already, I'm wondering whether I really *need* it though.
I find the L3 to be just finely balanced for my quickest plug 'n rehearse single-ended use, and the Monarch such some fun for deeper (but shorter!) listening.
Could the L4 be such some excellent "in-between" all-rounder like @Redcarmoose seems to indicate?!

ThieAudio is killing it in terms of price-to-value ratio from my perspective... I'm sold to the guys so far, gotta say!
And again, very tempted now. Holding myself so far... "Gooood. Good job, Dolores! You calm, reflective bloke!"
Aaaargh !
Hopefully enough, price won't rise while I'm fighting with my bad drive to buy the L4 ! =)

Dec 29, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #12 of 15
Well the Legacy 4 really looks like a tempting set to me!

Owning the Legacy 3 and the Monarch already, I'm wondering whether I really *need* it though.
I find the L3 to be just finely balanced for my quickest plug 'n rehearse single-ended use, and the Monarch such some fun for deeper (but shorter!) listening.
Could the L4 be such some excellent "in-between" all-rounder like @Redcarmoose seems to indicate?!

ThieAudio is killing it in terms of price-to-value ratio from my perspective... I'm sold to the guys so far, gotta say!
And again, very tempted now. Holding myself so far... "Gooood. Good job, Dolores! You calm, reflective bloke!"
Aaaargh !
Hopefully enough, price won't rise while I'm fighting with my bad drive to buy the L4 ! =)

572387C4-AB6F-42DA-B7EB-F3BDD5D99133.jpeg

I have never heard the Monarch or L3, but hearing this OST on the L4 is really an experience in the sub bass dept. Fun for me will be reading the future posts on the bass quality. :)

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #13 of 15
Cheers!

Get ready, it’s going to be a great ride.

That’s the thing......I mean stuff graphs out one way and gives a view in a partial way. Still.........there is always that treble and midrange energy in relation to the total response. As listeners we are aware of the total response energy and adjust volume accordingly. Meaning in short, it’s not the frequency response but the total balance in the end. In many ways I’m the most critical of the 2.5K-3.5K “zone”. If that’s “up” I can’t deal with it. I’m better off with much above that area adding detail and refinement in resolution ability. In my opinion that’s what’s happening here. The tune is walking that fine line. The end results are you don’t need to crank volume to try and find the midrange. Also the treble is so well done it’s not fatiguing in long use. It’s the total end results of an amazing careful tune.

There will be the treble sensitive outliers as always; and ......I’m not that way, so I can’t really comment on that aspect. But for someone who has difficulty with the 3K zone........it’s just a perfect positioning of tone?

I really think this ends up well rounded? Why now in 2020-2021......I’m not sure?

The L4 is ushering in the age of the “NANO-DRIVER”. From this point onward the driver will be looked at as the best of both worlds. It’s the transient edge focus of the BA bass driver combined with the decay of DD.

Thanks for the reply. I am quite sensitive to the 5-6 kHz area.

From your review:

The Legacy 4 has just a slightly fuller sound in the low-end, but it does have a brighter treble region, and some may not like that. Again, there's an emphasis in 5KHz range, so it'll provide a lot of presence to guitars and strings for the music I listen to.

That is where my concern comes in. In many ways the L4 sounds like an IEM that could fill a genre hole in my herd.

Question: how is the L4 with back pressure? I am sensitive to the pressure found in IEMs that have little venting.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #14 of 15
Thanks for the reply. I am quite sensitive to the 5-6 kHz area.

From your review:

That is where my concern comes in. In many ways the L4 sounds like an IEM that could fill a genre hole in my herd.

Question: how is the L4 with back pressure? I am sensitive to the pressure found in IEMs that have little venting.

F92E9168-167F-4D49-9529-F6A91881FAD2.jpeg

Massive ports? No worry about the back pressure. So sorry I didn’t list the ports in my review I thought the picture made it obvious that they were included.

The quote you have quoted is not at all from my review but the second review on Head-Fi regarding the L4. Those are his ideas, but also if you were to follow all his posts you may find he likes the L4. He is pointing out areas of concern.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/thieaudio-legacy-series-iems.930478/post-16062797

So he is saying that the 5K emphasis makes the IEM slightly brighter than neutral in the treble region. Best just to give it a listen, may work for you or that slight boost may not be your cup of tea.

My review was simply about my personal experience. So as a reviewer in many ways I’m shooting from the hip. :) Cheers!

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #15 of 15
F92E9168-167F-4D49-9529-F6A91881FAD2.jpeg

Massive ports? No worry about the back pressure. So sorry I didn’t list the ports in my review I thought the picture made it obvious that they were included.

The quote you have quoted is not at all from my review but the second review on Head-Fi regarding the L4. Those are his ideas, but also if you were to follow all his posts you may find he likes the L4. He is pointing out areas of concern.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/thieaudio-legacy-series-iems.930478/post-16062797

So he is saying that the 5K emphasis makes the IEM slightly brighter than neutral in the treble region. Best just to give it a listen, may work for you or that slight boost may not be your cup of tea.

My review was simply about my personal experience. So as a reviewer in many ways I’m shooting from the hip. :) Cheers!

My bad, that was Antdroid's review. The photos do not give me insight regarding pressure experience. Giving the L4 a listen requires me to purchase the unit. I am being quite tight about purchases for the foreseeable future. I am passing for now. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back