They're back - The HF-2 now available again!
Sep 20, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #196 of 223

Quote:
Yesterday, in a terrible tragedy, Todd's father (as well as a close friend of Todd's father) passed away when the boat they were in capsized. I spoke with Todd last night, and he is obviously devastated. He is leaving to be with his family, located several states away from Montana. As such, please understand that any orders placed with TTVJ that were scheduled to ship will be delayed by approximately a week.

My condolences to my dear friend Todd, his family, and all who loved the two men lost in this terrible accident.

Thanks for letting us know Jude. Todd is very helpful to the head-fi community and it's a tragedy for all of us. I will put him and his family in my prayers.
frown.gif

Sep 20, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #198 of 223

Quote:
Just a quick note before I leave for my fathers funeral - I talked with John Grado this morning and there will be some of the HF-2 headphones here waiting to be shipped when I return next Monday. I will get them shipped out as quickly as i can...

Todd

Todd

My deepest condolences to you and your family.  

Sep 27, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #199 of 223
HI All,

I am back and ready to go to work. The first 25 of the HF-2 headphones will be here on Wednesday and will be shipping out as fast as I can send them. The next batch of 25 will be slightly delayed while Grado Labs awaits leather headbands for them. It should not be long and the HF-2 will be flowing out to all who have ordered them.

Please do not e-mail me to see if you are one of those in the first 25. I will let the recipients know later this week. I have a lot of catching up to do and am doing it as fast and to the best of my ability. As things progress I will post here and keep you up to date.

Thanks to all of you for your patience and for your business!!!

Todd

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #201 of 223
HI All,

The first 25 have arrived and we are doing our best to get them shipped out in a timely manner. I would expect 10 or 12 to go out today and the rest tomorrow. Here they come...

Todd

Oct 2, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #205 of 223

Quote:
My pair just came in today and I am rocking out to them with some Hendrix vinyl.  I hope everyone else gets to enjoy theirs soon too.

Curious, does yours say "HEAD-FI" on the cups or do they still have the "HEAD-F1" typo?

Oct 2, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #206 of 223
They say "HEAD-F1".  I'm pretty sure that Todd said somewhere on this thread or the other HF-2 thread that the second run would say that, presumably to not upset the first run customers who had the misprint.

The headphones came in a normal Grado box, and the phones were secured in foam padding inside the box. 

My serial number is #1007.  The first run including B-stock was around 560, so I'm guessing the second run started with #1000 or #1001 since I was one of the first 25 to order on the second run.

Oct 2, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #207 of 223
What size is the headphone connection? Did it come with any adapters?

Quote:
They say "HEAD-F1".  I'm pretty sure that Todd said somewhere on this thread or the other HF-2 thread that the second run would say that, presumably to not upset the first run customers who had the misprint.

The headphones came in a normal Grado box, and the phones were secured in foam padding inside the box. 

My serial number is #1007.  The first run including B-stock was around 560, so I'm guessing the second run started with #1000 or #1001 since I was one of the first 25 to order on the second run.

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #209 of 223
Got mine today #1018 listening now. I have tried them with a Meir Corda Head Five, and ALO Rx and now trying with the MiniWatt through a headphone adapter. So far I like them best with the MiniWatt but lets see what happens with burn-in
Anyone know how long these need to fully burn in? My 701's took almost 300 hours for the bass to show up, I wonder if these will take that long (the base is definitely already there it just isn't punchy yet).

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #210 of 223

Quote:
Got mine today #1018 listening now. I have tried them with a Meir Corda Head Five, and ALO Rx and now trying with the MiniWatt through a headphone adapter. So far I like them best with the MiniWatt but lets see what happens with burn-in
Anyone know how long these need to fully burn in? My 701's took almost 300 hours for the bass to show up, I wonder if these will take that long (the base is definitely already there it just isn't punchy yet).

Give them a good hundred hours and they will be listenable.  However the sound will continue to evolve over several hundred hours...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back