They're back - The HF-2 now available again!
Jun 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 223

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi All,

We are pleased to announce that the HF-2 is now available to purchase at TTVJ. These are new and will start shipping in 3-4 weeks.

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_64&products_id=292

Get the great sound of the Grado/Head-F1(the error will be on these cans too) that has made many Head-Fiers very happy. With many of the new cans selling for over $1k, the HF-2 is a real bargain. Not only do you get a great can at a great price but Head-Fi receives $40 from each headphone sold.

All Head-Fi members are qualified to buy 1 HF-2 and we will ship it anywhere in the world. Be sure to include your Head-Fi user name in the comments section of the order!

Get in line now while supplies last.

Todd

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 223
Any update on when these will start shipping?

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #4 of 223
I must say that I'm actually a bit disappointed. These were meant to be limited edition headphones, and therefore somewhat exclusive. The more of these are sold, the less exclusive they are. Pretty soon half the earth will have these and they won't feel at all special anymore.

An HF3 would be great. More HF2s is just a bit bothersome to those who bought them hoping for some exclusivity.

And it should be "they're" not their.

Jun 28, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #5 of 223

I must say that I'm actually a bit disappointed. These were meant to be limited edition headphones, and therefore somewhat exclusive. The more of these are sold, the less exclusive they are. Pretty soon half the earth will have these and they won't feel at all special anymore.

An HF3 would be great. More HF2s is just a bit bothersome to those who bought them hoping for some exclusivity.

And it should be "they're" not their.

<

Why does something have to be exclusive in order for you to enjoy it? Does knowing that others can't buy it make it sound better?

I'm glad these are available again. I love mine and I'm glad that more people will get a chance to own them. Further, this should stamp out the price speculation that drives folks wild around here.

Jun 29, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #7 of 223
The original offer of a limited edition was at best deceptive advertising.... at worst fraudulent.

Jun 29, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #8 of 223

[size=medium]
How many more of this will be available Todd?  Will Grado continue to make them on a regular basis now?  I agree with Revolink as I thought that they were supposed to be made for a limited run, that's why I went ahead and bought mine.  I am glad that others will get to enjoy them now but I wouldn't have bought them knowing that they will be available later. 
[/size]

Jun 29, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #9 of 223
How can I get it? Can I buy from Todd website?

I'm a new babe. Thanks.....

Jun 29, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #10 of 223
I couldn't get them the first go-round, so it's self-serving of me to say so, but it seems like it's pretty much purely a good thing to get HF2 cans out.  I understand that it makes them less attractive as financial speculation instruments. But I also wonder if it's true that had they announced 900, or 1,500, would be made, if those who bought them really wouldn't have. Or from the other direction, if they wish they didn't have the headphones, now.

Jun 29, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #11 of 223
I got an email from Todd a long while back when enquiring something different; he did mention offhand that this is the final batch of HF-2s if it soothes somes' worries.

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #15 of 223
The problem with the HF-2 is the high-pitched whine. However, that sound does not seem to be coming from the headphones. Folks, enjoy a good headphone while you can. These are not Beanie Babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back