They're back - The HF-2 now available again!
Aug 16, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #166 of 223
Aug 22, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #170 of 223
Just a thought...didn't read the entire thread so I don't know if I'm repeating another's thoughts but what about the poor folks that bought the B stock of the 1st batch in desperation to get a pair?  What consolation do they get?

Hopefully, Grado's considered this....it's simply distasteful, the whole concept leaves a bad taste....sorry....love Grado's and Love Head-fi but....

Aug 30, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #176 of 223
Considering the quality control at Grado, most everything they sell should probably be classified as B-stock.  I don't think I've ever seen a pristine pair of RS1s, even with an anal owner.  Looking at the HF2, over 95% of the pairs had a serious typo and should've been sold at B-stock prices, so there's hardly a difference between the regular set and the "b-stock" pairs.  Unless you got one of the first 20something headphones that actually say Head-Fi, then you have a b-stock pair of headphones.

The only consideration Grado has made is making the difficult decision of having a money shower or solid platinum toilet seats.

Quote:
Just a thought...didn't read the entire thread so I don't know if I'm repeating another's thoughts but what about the poor folks that bought the B stock of the 1st batch in desperation to get a pair?  What consolation do they get?

Hopefully, Grado's considered this....it's simply distasteful, the whole concept leaves a bad taste....sorry....love Grado's and Love Head-fi but....

Aug 31, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #177 of 223
Quote:
Considering the quality control at Grado, most everything they sell should probably be classified as B-stock.  I don't think I've ever seen a pristine pair of RS1s, even with an anal owner.  Looking at the HF2, over 95% of the pairs had a serious typo and should've been sold at B-stock prices, so there's hardly a difference between the regular set and the "b-stock" pairs.  Unless you got one of the first 20something headphones that actually say Head-Fi, then you have a b-stock pair of headphones.

The only consideration Grado has made is making the difficult decision of having a money shower or solid platinum toilet seats.

I agree. My HF-2 are not B-stock, yet their quality control does indeed leave quite a bit to be desired.

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #178 of 223

Totally agree!
Besides the 20-something first pairs all the HF2 have been B-stock at the best. Just the letter typo is enough to degrade them from A-stock, and some pair have other flaws as well . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back