They're back - The HF-2 now available again!
Aug 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #136 of 223
Yes.  I'm waiting for mine.  I was unaware of the concurrent thread as I was only tracking the status in http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/495699/the-hf-2-is-now-available-again

Glad to see Todd's post here.

Aug 2, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #137 of 223
Just a suggestion for Todd and John if there's ever an HF3.

Don't make them in a limited quantity, but only allow people who were registered on the forums before they are announced to purchase them.

Allows exclusivity, will decrease speculative purchasing, no accounts created just to purchase them, etc.

Food for thought.

Aug 3, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #138 of 223
Why limit HF-1,2,3 at all.. Just make a good headphone at a fair price... Call it HF-1,2,3 send money to Jude..we all are happy.. 

Quote:
Just a suggestion for Todd and John if there's ever an HF3.

Don't make them in a limited quantity, but only allow people who were registered on the forums before they are announced to purchase them.

Allows exclusivity, will decrease speculative purchasing, no accounts created just to purchase them, etc.

Food for thought.

Aug 3, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #139 of 223
I agree with you. Also, I think "limited" just restricts an nice product from meeting it's full potential. The gap seems to foster a shady market that the original parties did not intend

Aug 3, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #140 of 223
Because they are for Head-Fi, not for any person who just casually finds them on the internet. And with the current system, it just lead to loads of spam posts to reach the 5 post count needed the first time round. 

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #141 of 223

Quote:
Because they are for Head-Fi, not for any person who just casually finds them on the Internet. 

My point is,, Why not?????    I just don't get it!!!!

I casually found head-fi on the Internet does that make me different than my brother who is a headphone user? (who hasn't the time to hang out here..)

If the (HF-2) were not limited to any specific production number,,and head-fi members,,,My brother (and the whole world) could buy a set,, "Head-fi would still get the $40.00". which is the real point of the HF-2..and head-fi still gets the recognition/advertising, and I get credit for  recommending them to my brother.. 
added bonus.....
There wouldn't be 10 pages, and 140 posts bitching about Grado/Todd..

Aug 3, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #142 of 223
Well if the HF-2 wasn't limited they'd have a serious case of false advertising on their hands. I know I'd grab a lawyer.

But I do think any future HF sets should be unlimited.

Aug 4, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #145 of 223

Quote:

My point is,, Why not?????    I just don't get it!!!!

I casually found head-fi on the Internet does that make me different than my brother who is a headphone user? (who hasn't the time to hang out here..)

If the (HF-2) were not limited to any specific production number,,and head-fi members,,,My brother (and the whole world) could buy a set,, "Head-fi would still get the $40.00". which is the real point of the HF-2..and head-fi still gets the recognition/advertising, and I get credit for  recommending them to my brother.. 
added bonus.....
There wouldn't be 10 pages, and 140 posts bitching about Grado/Todd..

Brilliant! markmaxx is gettin' it done. Close down da thread an' take yo bitches witcha.

Aug 10, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #149 of 223
They are gorgeous, this is a very long thread so I did not yet find out how much and how to order a pair?  I cannot afford rs1 so was hoping these are cheaper. Are they comparable to the rs1?

Thanks much,
Teresa

Aug 10, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #150 of 223
Are these still in stock, ready to ship?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back