They're back - The HF-2 now available again!
Jul 27, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #121 of 223
[size=10pt]guess it also depends on how many pre-ordered. think the "limited" qty is flexible enough to accommodate for buyers pumped up by this thread and positive feedback of the 1st run[/size]
[size=10pt]considering the fact that none of the components in this run differ from the ones of the 1st (i.e.: no investment in tooling) there was no pre-defined qty or "business case" to start with :)[/size]
[size=10pt]though you guys make it tougher a call and this run will have to be made "limited"[/size]

Jul 28, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #123 of 223
HI All,

It never fails to amaze me how some folks just don't understand the spirit in which the HF series of headphones were created. They were:

1. Made to listen to
2. To be a great value
3. Made exclusively for members of Head-Fi
4. To support Head-F1 (oops that mistake just keeps popping up
blink.gif
)
5. To build a sense of community

They were not built for:

1. Speculative investment
2. Anyone outside of the community
3. To cause hurt to the manufacturer, reseller, Head-Fi or any of its members
4. To fight over

These were made for Head-Fi last year and over 500 were produced at that time. They were not finite nor were they proclaimed to be so at that time. More were planned but the timing had to be good for both Grado Labs and TTVJ as well as for Head-Fi. This summer was that time.

Now, they are limited - first they are limited to Head-Fi members. They are certainly limited to the number of members who want them. Not everyone who wanted one got one. I feel bad for that but now everyone has a chance to own one IF they choose to.

All the negative views of making more doesn't make sense to me unless they were bought for something other then the intent and spirit in which they were created.

It is my privilege to serve this community and the HF-2 is one way that I feel that a contribution has been made.

As for how many will be made - that will be determined by demand. Once demand wanes the HF-2 they will no longer be made.

I expect to be shipping the orders we have received in the next few weeks. I will let you know when as soon as I know.

Todd

Jul 28, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #124 of 223
Thanks for the response, Todd. I agree with much of your post, certainly the opportunity for members to acquire more of these is good for those that tried but were unable to the first time, and for new members, as they are good value. That said, I do certainly recall the post that said "End of July, or 500 units, whichever comes first."

If a post were made then regarding the availability of a second batch, many errors could have been avoided (A pair once sold for $734, if my memory serves correctly.)

I am truly sorry about all the speculative buying that has happened with the HF series. I do, however, think that all in all, there are lessons to be learned here. Sadly, I will understand if there never is an HF3 because of this.

That said, I'm all for buying one should it ever happen. They've all been great headphones and great values, and Todd and John are still great people with great companies to boot. There were lessons to be had both times. By the time the HF10 comes out, we should have a well oiled machine going.

Jul 28, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #125 of 223

Quote:
I feel bad for that but now everyone has a chance to own one IF they choose to.  
As for how many will be made - that will be determined by demand. Once demand wanes the HF-2 they will no longer be made.

Thanks for the response. Looks like I was right on the money, 100%.

Jul 29, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #126 of 223
Good job! Todd.

Please ship it asap,can't wait anymore.....

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #127 of 223
^ Also agree. Some very childish comments on this thread.

People loved the HF-2 - so isn't Grado serving the community to release more?

For one it will drive down the second hand value and allow more people to enjoy them. I have no sympathy for people who bought them so they could make money any way. That was the wrong spirit to start with.

My only issue is why Grado does not allow a European stockist to sell them as well.

Customs charges would makes these out of grasp if I can only buy them from the US.

Jul 29, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #128 of 223

Quote:
^ Also agree. Some very childish comments on this thread.

People loved the HF-2 - so isn't Grado serving the community to release more?

For one it will drive down the second hand value and allow more people to enjoy them. I have no sympathy for people who bought them so they could make money any way. That was the wrong spirit to start with.

My only issue is why Grado does not allow a European stockist to sell them as well.

Customs charges would makes these out of grasp if I can only buy them from the US.

I assume that you've read the entire thread. I won't repeat the whole story here. revolink24 recalls the facts correctly even if Todd no longer does. I will only add that my HF2 purchase was not speculative. I did not buy it for investment purposes or to sell later for an obscene profit. I bought it for my own enjoyment. However, I was led to believe by Todd that I was buying one of only 500 HF2's to be made available to the Head-Fi community. Not surprisingly, I thought that I had purchased something unique, which had been produced as a strictly limited edition. It was an expensive headphone purchase for me and I felt privileged to have secured it. As it turns out, the HF2 is really only limited by market demand. Once buyer interest in it wanes, it seems that so too will the HF2. Either Todd "mispoke" or I and many others misunderstood him because of our rampant greed.

Jul 31, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #132 of 223
Just my 2 cents.

1-No one in Head Fi wants this collaboration between Head Fi, Todd and John Grado to end.  It's a good thing.

2-The marketing hyperbole needs to be toned done and a more accurate representation made in the 'spirit' of Head Fi.  This isn't the Best Buy crowd. 

3-We can all move forward if everyone involved truly has the best of intentions.

Hope the HF series continues for many years to come.

Jul 31, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #135 of 223
Congrats to those getting in on the second run of the HF-2. I've been revisiting mine recently.  These are special headphones. You can't get its sound anywhere else in the Grado line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back