There's My Supra...
Sep 13, 2010 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 166

AudioDwebe

Headphoneus Supremus
And, apparently, others have also read that thread about it being explosive.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/24993080/detail.html

I took the day off to take my son to the local fair and, when we returned, had a few urgent voice messages to call the office.  Unfortunately, the calls came in a little after noon and we didn't get home until after five.  The message (had two almost back to back) said something about mysterious crate with wires addressed to me.  I wondered why they didn't call my cell, and when I got it out of the Camelback, it turns out that they did call me about four times but being at the rather loud environment of the fair, didn't hear it.

Sep 14, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 166
Why do people always assume that electronics are dangerous?  Seems like if there is a wire or two, everyone assumes the worst and panics.

Actually, people panic over all sorts of stuff these days.  Among other things, I used to play with a chemistry kit and model rockets when I was a kid.  The local hobby shop used to sell rocket motors to kids, no questions asked, either.  That would probably get someone arrested today.

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #6 of 166
People have watched too many movies, giving people much false knowledge as well as made far too paranoid.  I recall an event in a favourite military/mystery novel, where someone throws what appears to be a hand grenade into No. 10 Downing St. The main character of the story casually walks up to it, some minutes after it has not gone off, sniffs it, and picks it up, declaring it to be a dummy grenade.  He knew that if it were real, he would smell the burned fuse residue.  As there was no smell, he knew it wasn't a live grenade.  People these days just don't have that much common sense.

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #9 of 166
Are you going to get a refund?

Edit:  Wait nevermind.  Actually can you get a refund?
biggrin.gif

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #12 of 166
So... You're an attorney for the city of Tacoma?

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #14 of 166
hahaha! Bomb squad FAIL. 

Your probably on the National terrorist watch now. 

It kinda reminds me of this time when the cops were called because someone thought they saw a baby in a garbage can in front of a Walmart.

It turned out it was just a burrito. 

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #15 of 166
as one of those youtube "box opening" videos the start was good, now move on to the content and first impressions:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back